Alexander Isak

• @Tom77 absolutely amazing performance today. Bright future. 89p see him being £1.5 by the summer with him going back to bvb

• @Gregolocky2018 Dortmund would be mad to let this boy go.

• Isn’t it 10 goals in 10 games?

• Anyone actually seen him play or are we all just going off his stats since January? I dunno what style of striker he even is.

• @Gazz127 got a 10 today!

• @Gregolocky2018 tall & Swedish type... 😉

• @Ericali a bit like Olaf Mellberg then 🤣

• @Ericali Recently got in to the Swedish senior team.

• @Gregolocky2018 said in Alexander Isak:

@Ericali a bit like Olaf Mellberg then 🤣

If Mellberg was a striker..... Yes! 😉

• Link here about Barcelona keeping tabs on Isak from a good while back.
    His form last 2 months can only enhance his growing reputation.

Just scroll down the page and you'll find.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/4/4/18294224/rumor-mill-everyone-wants-rodri-juventus-want-80m-for-douglas-costa

• Everyone just calm down a bit. Isak plays for Willem II in a weak Dutch league. He turned out on a few occasions for Dortmund and was dogshit.
    There are better and cheaper strikers playing in PB leagues and actually earning dividends.

Maybe he’ll be amazing if he can force his way past Reus and Alcacer next season, but it’s far more likely that you’ve invested in a player who’ll end up as the 8-goal-a-season lone striker for Mainz or Hannover.

• @playingcards1 Willem playing a very good Ajax side this weekend.

Very interesting to see how that goes.

• @playingcards1 sounding a bit salty there. Somebody upset they missed the boat on another youth prospect and their shares in salah keep plummeting.....

Boo hoo

• @playingcards1 said in Alexander Isak:

Everyone just calm down a bit. Isak plays for Willem II in a weak Dutch league. He turned out on a few occasions for Dortmund and was dogshit.
    There are better and cheaper strikers playing in PB leagues and actually earning dividends.

Maybe he’ll be amazing if he can force his way past Reus and Alcacer next season, but it’s far more likely that you’ve invested in a player who’ll end up as the 8-goal-a-season lone striker for Mainz or Hannover.

Well new users and other traders like myself want to invest in future stars, what’s wrong with it?, no one has said he is a world beater and his price at £1.11 doesn't suggest he is either so I don't see the problem in people talking about it.
    I’ve probably moaned about other prices like cho and greenwood in the past but let’s face people want the next best thing and I don't think it will ever change as much as Pogba and Neymar holders want everyone else to buy those 2 because they return dividends - that return is nothing if you get on the next youth and the share split hasn’t made them cheaper at all.
    There are plenty of bargains out there and this time of the season is probably the best time to get on them because as traders we all have one eye on next season - which is a great point in fact of buying Isak, he could end up anywhere have MB transfer rumours and return a decent profit.
    I have a diverse portfolio with some of the big boys but I am not stupid or stubborn enough not to get on these players because everyone else will.

• @NewUser36408 said in Alexander Isak:

@playingcards1 sounding a bit salty there. Somebody upset they missed the boat on another youth prospect and their shares in salah keep plummeting.....

Boo hoo

Sounds like more like you are unwilling to enter into a debate and would rather everyone blindly assume that Isak is the second coming without question.

• @NewUser36408 said in Alexander Isak:

@playingcards1 sounding a bit salty there. Somebody upset they missed the boat on another youth prospect and their shares in salah keep plummeting.....

Boo hoo

Maybe so, although I don’t own Salah and haven’t for ages. I’m somebody who owned Isak a year ago but sold up when I saw him look leggy and slow on a rare start for Dortmund.

I’m all about youth prospects - I was ploughing cash into Sancho and Foden before it was cool 😎 - but there’s a real need to distinguish between “young players” and “good young players”. I really don’t think Isak is going to make it as a top player.

• It's clear what we are seeing here last couple of days is a run on young relatively cheap players.
    Isak,Neres,Mount,Brewster etc etc (I missed that neres boat grrrrr)

This is to the detriment of established more expensive players.

Next week it may turn the other way.

At the moment value is winning.

• What I have found on here, and slack since I fully got on board 2 months ago, is a lack of willingness for the 'old guard' to accept that their guaranteed div winners are a better proposition than potential youth bench warmers.

God forbid you can actually make more money on a young unproven player than a very expensive showpony with a dodgy haircut.

Unfortunately times are changing on here as are trends and maybe the old guard need to understand the current trends and get involved, rather than post obviously defensive posts about how ridiculous the youth obsession is 🤔

• @NewUser36408 I think the old guard as you put it no that this is just a trend and no doubt soon Pogba and co will be back reaping the mb awards😉

Just nice for the newbies like ourselves to reap some rewards.

Just enjoy while it lasts😉

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.