Amaechi - biggest scam in FI history???

• We're getting finessed. I call foul play on Amaechi. The market is being manipulated by someone who has inside info from football London. I'll explain why I think this, they release an article about Amaechi being scouted by Bayern and claiming this is the next Hudson Odoi etc, less than 1 hour later someone bought enough shares to raise his price by 1 pound almost instanteously. And now 3 hours later, they look like they're lS all those shares they've bought as his shares have dropped almost 30P in the space of an hour. Now there are two questionable aspects, no.1 how has someone been so convinced that Amaechi will do a Hudson Odoi off of 1 article from football London that they went out and spent thousands of pounds on Amaechi? (his price went up 1 pound in the space of minutes- do the calculation) and 2- Why is his price suddenly dropping 30p in the last few minutes alone?. This is extremely suspicious and I call foul play. If anyone has the same suspicion please come forward!

• this is no better than that scam that people keep playing on the biggest risers section, where you buy a sh!tload of shares on a 20p player so that they appear on the biggest riser section and a bunch of noobs sign up, then IS all those shares and leave everyone they've conned with worthless shares. Except this is being done on a much bigger scale with Amaechi. That is absolutely ridiculous that they're allowed to do this. It makes me wanna quit FI, as the shares can be so easily manipulated by MODERATELY SIZED news outlet, today was the first big example of this imo. And if football index becomes bigger and attracts a bigger audience, there's no reason why these news outlets won't start scamming us by putting up fake articles to drive a players price up for their own gain. They're already been scamming us fans for years by posting up false transfer rumours for as long as I can remember and now they have even more incentives to scam us as there's a huge potential to make a profit on FI using this method.

• @NewUser280785 I was writing a reply on your last post about this chap until you deleted it!

• @GregF
    oh crap, my bad

• @GregF
    do you mind writing it again?
    I had to change the name of the topic as soon as possible so no one else signs up before we figure out what's happening here!

• Let's get our facts straight here..his price has only dropped 17p from the peak. I assume a fair chunk of that will be people who got on early cashing out on a decent profit, along with a few people panicking. This is usual and not suspect at all.

• @NewUser280785 as I was saying on the last one, there's lots of ways to make money on here - it's one of the good things about FI. Lots of strategies, and lots of opportunity. Unfortunately not every trader is honest or moral, and will look to exploit other traders - when money is at stake, it happens. Saying a news outlet is somehow manipulating a multi million pound trading platform is a bit of a stretch (in my opinion). Its more likely that someone has seen an opportunity early, invested expecting a spike therefore inflating the value, others have jumped on and then the first trader has sold leaving the other futures decreasing.

The best way to avoid this is to do your research. I commented on your first thread saying there was only one news outlet who were spreading the news on this lad, and no one else could add any insight - if he was that good he would all over other outlets, and other traders would have had their input.

• @NewUser280785 you had to change the name, and you thought 'biggest scam in FI history was suitable? From your trading name you look like a very new trader so your history is probably a week or so?

• Its Monday prices always drop on a Monday even more so in the first week of the month after payday

• yea 1 week give or take!
    maybe you're right, it was very rash to just jump in a invest heavily without doing more research. Lesson learned tho, and we all have to start somewhere I guess. I put question marks, I'm not sure what going on and I thought that would attract more people to answer me quick before I IS!

• @NewUser280785 welcome to the club. Unfortunately there are lots of traders (me included) who have lost out to things like this - usually in the first month. As you spend more time on here you'll learn what to look out for, what info to trust and if something looks too good to be true, it usually is.
    Good luck with you future trades, and try not to jump to conclusions too quickly next time!

• @GregF
    thank you very much

• Scammed haha

He is linked with Bayern ffs, been well known for a while that Bundesliga clubs are looking at him and other English talents because our production line has dramatically improved in recent years.

• He will increase again. He's been linked to Germany clubs for months.

• @NewUser280785 said in Amaechi - biggest scam in FI history???:

We're getting finessed. I call foul play on Amaechi. The market is being manipulated by someone who has inside info from football London. I'll explain why I think this, they release an article about Amaechi being scouted by Bayern and claiming this is the next Hudson Odoi etc, less than 1 hour later someone bought enough shares to raise his price by 1 pound almost instanteously. And now 3 hours later, they look like they're lS all those shares they've bought as his shares have dropped almost 30P in the space of an hour. Now there are two questionable aspects, no.1 how has someone been so convinced that Amaechi will do a Hudson Odoi off of 1 article from football London that they went out and spent thousands of pounds on Amaechi? (his price went up 1 pound in the space of minutes- do the calculation) and 2- Why is his price suddenly dropping 30p in the last few minutes alone?. This is extremely suspicious and I call foul play. If anyone has the same suspicion please come forward!

It's a valid point and could (and likely does) happen. Not to mention the opportunity for MB to be manipulated.

To be honest, FI should really take provisions to prevent this. MB is possibly an easy one to stop by thoroughly checking sources and suspicious trading prior to publication.

The issue of the risers screen came up in another discussion a few months ago. I made some suggestions there about FI flagging any suspicious risers and alerting them to known traders who regularly pump & dump and then highlighting this on the screen as suspicious.

As the platform grows this could get worse and I hope FI can do sonething before it does.

Another reason why the platform should focus more on PB. Far less opportunities for exploitation.

• There have also been valid links of German clubs being interested in a number of Arsenal youth team players (Not just Amaechi) for a while. Stop with the conspiracy theories, these aren't made up reports.

• @Metropolis while I agree that MB could be open to manipulation, it is still a stretch to say media outlets will do things just to get extra pennies on FI. It also shows why MB should remain for the top 200 and not for everyone on the index.
    For me, the best way to stop pump and dump, or shorter term manipulation is to increase the spreads for fast risers for a period, say 24 hours. Its not perfect - and I'm sure people will pick fault in subsequent comments - but it will make people think twice about being able to dump using instant sell for large profits.

• To be fair, us as traders should no better not to invest in a guy like Amaechi whatever he’s bloody name is.. I mean why would you even bother?, have you seen him play, has he done anything that shouts out “Wow”, people literally read a shitty article made by some twat about he’s the next CHO and people think “ohh it must be true” and then buy 100 shares in him.. like cmon!.. I thought Greenwood was bad but this is just ridiculous to get sucked into something like this

• Just because you haven't seen him play doesn't mean others haven't. There were plenty of traders that held him before today, knowing more than you did about Amaechi. I assume you're also frustrated with the prices of Duncan/Brewster as well?

• this old school trader SG started the rush after the story got posted https://twitter.com/sigaskell/status/1102652344939040769

It also got posted at the same time on IndexGain where he got heavily pumped. Users on there like a good pump, and have a good platform and tools to do it. other users just lurk on there to see who's going to get pumped and flip off them.

Really, it's just standard Index behaviour. Always been like this in different guises and differing degrees, it's just there's more people doing it - and the real sharks are razor sharp at it now. SG says he sold all those back to market near peak when the pump still had the carrot of the (absolutely meaningless) U-23 game tonight to dangle. People were actually following Arsenal v Swansea U-23s on a Monday night with their fingers hovering over the Instant Sell button; you couldn't make it up really.

Nothing particularly nefarious or unusual about it though, i think. It's Football Index.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.