Morata

• anyone else think alvaro morata is currently under valued? just recently gone on loan to atletico and scoring goals. Could win himself a move here for next season as i dont think chelsea will be keeping hold of him.

• @Pimpmaster I've had him for far too long and on his Chelsea form I would say he wasn't worth £1 but the signs at atletico have been great. I would say he is undervalued but if I was someone looking to buy I may want to give him another couple of games.

• I think in general Atleti have the most undervalued players on the market... The Spurs of La Liga perhaps? they don't tend to lose many players which is why perhaps we see the settled numbers in their squad at relatively low prices compared to other clubs below them in the league and perhaps the style of conceding possession and loving their defensive duties doesn't help them on a PB front?

At 2.31 i certainly see room for Morata to rise but if he does hit a dry patch that could certainly go the other way too?

• to be honest now he's back in spain i dont think there will be a dry patch. in italy and the UK he was basically a 1 goal in 3 games player. the season inbetween those stints back in spain he was almost a 1 in 2 games player.

• he's had dry patches before though... he went around 20 games at Juve without scoring and has had a couple of 7 or 8 game droughts at Real Madrid... I get his Chelsea career has been stop start but he's had runs up to 12 games without scoring so whilst form is temporary, class is permanent etc he does have form to suggest that he goes through spells without scoring...

This for a striker is dangerous for holders.. Harry Kane moves up and down pennys because he regularly stays consistent, whilst others (Morata included) like Lukaku, Ciro Immobile, Lacazette to name a couple have seen significant falls off the back of dry spells in front of goal!!!

Not saying you'll lose a lot.. 50p either way perhaps bu depending on your strategy it could be more cautious then say investing in someone relatively consistent at the same price?

• you are kind of missing the point of the post. going a few games without scoring is not going to dent the price too much and this is a player who will always score goals in the end. The big point is he's currently £2.31 if he plays a full season in spain next year for atletico i'd stick money on him getting 15 to 20 goals which would push that price over £3 with ease and more.

• you do realise this same player was once around the £5 mark and has lost plenty of people money through his dry patches!!! I'm not missing the point, i'm telling you through experience, strikers go up and down on goals scored and any dry patches will result in a drop.. just as a hat-trick in his next match will see him rise. It's a gamble either way!! All i'm quoting is past form!!!

If you want a bet on him scoring 15-20 La Liga goals nothing stopping you... He should get 15.. he's capable.. His best season ever in the top flight is 15 (he did get 18 once in Segunda B) so if he matches that you'll be quids in... Atletico remember don't score an awful lot of goals so he's more likely to have dry patches for them then say playing for Juve or Real Madrid who dominated games whilst he was there?

I'm not saying he's a bad buy.. just saying i don't think he's undervalued, because in this case strikers like Morata are judged on goals scored and at the moment he has 8 this season which isn't overwhelming, although I admit he does have potential to lift higher 'IF' he continues good form at Atletico.. I just have a number of genuine reasons that will stop me investing in him!!

• @dannypea said in Morata:

Atletico remember don't score an awful lot of goals

Very relevant stat, he might improve them in front of goal but pens will still be Griezman so I see better value elsewhere personally.

• Doubt he'll rise much, he scores two goals (with GWG) and still only scored 179. Not good for PB and isn't at the age where you can rise significantly for just scoring, maybe has room for a 10-20% rise but not much more.

• @NewUser82416 said in Morata:

Doubt he'll rise much, he scores two goals (with GWG) and still only scored 179. Not good for PB and isn't at the age where you can rise significantly for just scoring, maybe has room for a 10-20% rise but not much more.

rose about 10% off just those two goals.

• @Pimpmaster Ok and how many more times will he score twice in one game? Still feels like he is the same inconsistent striker he was 4-5 years ago, don't see him ever going over £3.

• @Pimpmaster and will drop 10% on his next blank. As Danny said even to make a fairly moderate profit you are banking on him scoring in more games than drawing blanks... which equates to 15-20 over the season. Why risk it? Their are younger strikers across Europe scoring more goals and just as likely to get summer moves.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.