Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?

• I've had a quiet week fortnight month!, I'm fed up with the constant up then down and no momentum to my port. But ready now with a plan to buy if certain players get knocked out from Europe and their price drops. So looking for value ready for next season.

So far I'm thinking:

Dortmund- Sancho, Akanji, Diallo, Guerireieiero?
    Spurs- Kane...
    Real- not a fan of many there...
    Ajax- fdejong, deligt, tagliafico (all hoping for moves to pb league)
    Porto?
    Roma?
    Psg- Veratti, Marquinhos, Neymar, Neymar, Neymar, Mbop, Draxler? nkunu
    Utd- Pogba, Pogba, Pogba, Rashford, De Gea
    Juve- Dybala
    Atletico- Griezman
    City- Laporte, Mendy, KDB, Jesus wept
    Schalke?
    Barce- Might get me some messi, would have to drop like diarrorhea
    Lyon- Depay Traore?
    Bayern- Kimmich, Goretzka, Thiago, Sule?
    Liverpool- Salah, TAA, VVD

Any mistakes?
    Anyone missed?
    Shouldn't I be buying the ones that go through?

• I think the bigger drops will be in the games that are still close between even sides. Juve/at. M, bayern and Liverpool... So if any of them drop significantly they could be worth it.

Its the long long game tho... Do you want to buy players on a downward curve through the back end of March when the players most prominent in the market are booming? I. E. If roma lose (which they won't) and zaniolo dropped £1...he would be good value... But he isnt going to make that money back till next season starts and he is still confirmed first choice. So a year from now you'd be doing well... But march/April you would be flat... While guys like sancho, pogba, neymar are exploding

• End of season drift & Summer lull will provide plenty of good LT buying opportunities, as I'm not a believer in the post SS growth fest that many believe will happen.

• I think drops are already priced into Man U players, and probably Dortmund as well.

• @kristiang85 true. Although, being a gooner, i still hold some hope in Dortmund.

• Dortmund players dropped after the 3-0 loss to Spurs. I'd say they are good value right now. Take your pick from Akanji, Zagadou, Diallo, Hakimi, Witsel and Guerreiro.

Witsel for example, is £2.04 and is in the top 25 for average PB scores this season (126). That top 25 even includes players that have one game wonder scores.

Yet, for 2/3/4/5 times the price, you can take a punt on a players that might one day get to Witsel's current level. Madness.

• @Yellow Good point on Witsel. I overlooked him several times.

Is Guererio a starter usually? I got some of him about a month ago after seeing him play left wing and getting assists, but he didn't play last game.

• @Vespasian32 I want to just cement my main port ready for a season of just letting a crop sit and hopefully grow. Just wondering when lowest prices should be around...is it when chucked out of europe, or will it be in the summer hols when maybe a few hundred bored investors sell out?
    Luckly we have the nations league to keep it going a little...Kane captain lifting a trophy for England...MB!

• IF i were starting again (which i'm not) I would certainly look at those top Euro clubs and pick as best i can in each team for growth and dividend return potential..

BVB: Sancho
    Spurs: Kane, Son
    Real Madrid: Isco
    PSG: Neymar, Mbappe
    Man Utd: Pogba, Rashford
    Roma: Zaniolo
    Man City: Aguero
    Barca: Messi
    Lyon: Fekir
    Bayern: Kimmich, James
    Liverpool: Salah, Firmino, Mane, VVD
    Arsenal: Aubamayeng, Lacazette
    Sevilla: Sarabia
    Inter: Icardi, Martinez, Perisic
    Valencia: Guedes
    Napoli: Milik, Koulibaly
    Chelsea: CHO, Hazard

Think with the list above it might cost you but you'll return more than you lose within a year!!!

• @Westy said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

@Yellow Good point on Witsel. I overlooked him several times.

Is Guererio a starter usually? I got some of him about a month ago after seeing him play left wing and getting assists, but he didn't play last game.

I don't think Guerreiro is a nailed on starter but he is very capable of good PB scores when he does play. I don't currently hold him but I have done in the past.

• @Yellow said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

@Westy said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

I don't think Guerreiro is a nailed on starter but he is very capable of good PB scores when he does play. I don't currently hold him but I have done in the past.

I read somewhere that Guerrerio has scored 4 of their last 5 CL goals so imagine he’ll be a starter.

• @Westy where your list is concerned I'd be adding Zaniolo from Roma, for sure. His peak price during his hype-fest last month was £5.65 (18th Feb). He's corrected back down to £5.07 as of right now, so when Roma go out (whether that be this round or the next round ('cus let's be honest, they aren't winning the Champions League anytime soon)) he could be excellent value. I have my eye firmly planted in his direction.

I agree with you about Real Madrid. The obvious choice there is Vinny J - but not at his current price.

The only Citeh player I'd be interested in is Jesus. I have some Sterling so could be tempted to top up pre-Nations League with a view of keeping 'til Euro 2020.

I agree with @kristiang85 about prices for Utd and Dortmund players already having their impending eliminations priced in. Perhaps tiny drops further, but nothing to write home about. IF either of those two were to do the unthinkable though just imagine the spikes incoming for the likes of Pogba, Rashford, Sancho et al!

It's interesting to see @Yellow talking highly of Witsel. He's another I've had my eye on for a while. Him and Zagadou would be my Dortmund picks. Much like Vinny J, Sancho just doesn't interest me at his current price.

@dannypea Fekir is a good shout. As is Icardi. CHO would have to shed all of that £1.50 hike he took as soon as the Chelski transfer ban news dropped. With their appeal being officially received by FIFA today I only see it as bad news for him that they'll be able to sign players to cover their ban duration during the summer. I can honestly see him further down the pecking order next season and just sitting on the bench until they begrudgingly do a deal with Munich or A.N.Other because he refuses to sign a new deal.

Sorry for the TL:DR post - catching up after work!

• @Le-Blanc said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

@Yellow said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

@Westy said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

I read somewhere that Guerrerio has scored 4 of their last 5 CL goals so imagine he’ll be a starter.

My guess is he will start tonight, either at left back or left wing. Dortmund need goals so I would be surprised to see Diallo at left back.

• @Yellow yeh he is left wing. Zagadou dropped and they've moved to a 4141 should be a tasty game

• @Vespasian32 said in Ready to shop when they drop from Euro cups?:

@Yellow yeh he is left wing. Zagadou dropped and they've moved to a 4141 should be a tasty game

Wolf at right back. He's not had much game time this season and only had a couple of games at right back. I know they need to score but Hakimi is very attacking anyway.

Odd.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.