New trader and already at a £15 loss!!

• Hi I’ve been trading for a month, only put in £160, I have 10 players and I’m currently at a loss of £15.
    Should I be concerned or is this the norm ?

• Depends if you have bought rubbish or whether it's quality out of form? 🤔

• If it's people like, Rice, Longstaff, Bobby Duncan, VJ, Felix or an aging Ronaldo - I'd be worried...

• To be honest, I think it’s a bit of both! Well known players I’ve bought aren’t performing and their price has dropped a fair bit, players like Ronaldo and Ousmane Dembele.

• Dembele will be fine price should rise but Ronaldo looks like a dead horse to me nowadays. Think he's well into the final slump of his fi career.

• Keep faith in the well known players...

They will come good again over a 3 year period, I wouldn't be worried about Dembele either as once Messi, Suarez age - Dembele can potentially grab centre stage.

Ronaldo, may be heading for a further drop next week, if he is eliminated - or you could gamble & hope he pulls a masterclass out the bag.

But either way, I'd be looking at an exit strategy.

• I'm also new trader (1 week), 150£ in, currently at a loss of .59p. You have to ride it out, I have big gains on certain players but then players like Martial are killing the profit but he is currently injured and soon as he is back and scoring he will rise again. If you have fundamental poor choices, that's different but someone like Dembele will have a good spell with goals/assists and he will bounce back again. You'd lose 15£ with bet365 in 10 mins, its an investment platform so need to be patient and keep learning the trends of players.

• There's also the possibility that the young player trend has spiked. and whether/when it will rise again

• These are the players I have.....
    Ronaldo
    Ousmane Dembele
    Luis Suarez
    Zaniolo
    Verratti
    Almiron
    Cornet
    Ayoyze Perez
    Gil (big mistake)
    Jimenez

• @NewUser269912 said in New trader and already at a £15 loss!!:

These are the players I have.....
    Ronaldo
    Ousmane Dembele
    Luis Suarez
    Zaniolo
    Verratti
    Almiron
    Cornet
    Ayoyze Perez
    Gil (big mistake)
    Jimenez

Ronaldo it seems is dying an FI death
    Zaniolo is a decent hold
    Veratti will rise as long as PSG staay in Europe. PB machine
    Almiron could be on for a huge move in 18 months or could be like Cabaye and just not do anything. Be aware of Rafa's situation more than anything.
    Cornet is a decent hold.
    I've never like Perez. Ever. Better of asking someone else!
    Which Gil? Bryan? A lot of people like him so be patient.
    Jiminez might not rise at all. If you look at similar goalscorers prices (Vardy £1.11, Balotelli 1.48, Muriel 1.10) I don't see his price rising. And I don't see him moving either.

• @Lukeroro it’s Carles Gil at Valencia
    Yeah I had a feeling that Ronaldo was a mistake. I’ve decided part of my strategy now will be under 30’s!
    I’m just not sure whether to put anymore money into the index I make some money on what I’ve got.

• Best advice I can give is not to panic. You haven't lost any money until you decide to sell. Ronaldo may be on the decline and your idea of not buying over 30's is a good idea I'd say. The younger ones will all rise and fall so don't panic too much :)

• @Lukeroro said in New trader and already at a £15 loss!!:

Jiminez might not rise at all. If you look at similar goalscorers prices (Vardy £1.11, Balotelli 1.48, Muriel 1.10) I don't see his price rising. And I don't see him moving either.

I hold 100 in Jimenez, and he's risen well above £2. Yes, currently, he's dropped to £0 growth due to this flat market, but so has many others suffered. He's at the peak age, and is a solid, reliable scorer for Wolves. He'll rise again.

• Ronaldo still has the rape case hanging over him, but he still scores a goal a game and has media coverage but with his age is against him. He still has better dividend potential than a lot of the players with a higher price than him, but the price growth may not occur until the rape case is closed and then it may be too late.

I have Suarez as well and he has stayed quite stable in price and competes with Messi for performance buzz, but he still scores 2 in 3 and at 1/6th of Messi's price he can still get out-score Messi and gives more dividends for the money. He's a season long bet.

At the moment, though, I think most traders have spent a lot of money before the share split (later this month?) and it's just steadying now. After the share split we should see it all start to rise again.

• @Londoner I'm just unconvinced. I don't see him winning PBs, I don't see Wolves getting Europe and I don't see him leaving Wolves.

Therefore, I don't see a reason for a price hike.

• @NewUser269912 Carles Gil is at New England Revolution. He hasn't been at Valencia since 2015...

• @NewUser269912 said in New trader and already at a £15 loss!!:

These are the players I have.....
    Ronaldo
    Ousmane Dembele and
    Luis Suarez
    Zaniolo
    Verratti
    Almiron
    Cornet
    Ayoyze Perez
    Gil (big mistake)
    Jimenez

Hi
    What I notice is an absence of premier league players. That's probably your major mistake, in my opinion. MB DIVIDENDS are farmed from the UK press columns so you NEED a strong premier league representation in your portfolio (remember people buy players who are essentially the likeliest to win dividends).
    75% of my portfolio is made up from premier league players.

Just a suggestion 👍🏻

• @Lukeroro said in New trader and already at a £15 loss!!:

@Londoner I'm just unconvinced. I don't see him winning PBs, I don't see Wolves getting Europe and I don't see him leaving Wolves.

Therefore, I don't see a reason for a price hike.

Jimenez actually won his 1st PB last month. If he plays well, it may not be his last.

• @Londoner fair enough!

I'm not convinced but I can see why others would be.

• @Londoner Jimenez has won 2x top fwd

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.