Best top player in FI

• So lets remove Sancho out of this question, who do you guys think is the best buy from all the top players currently on the FI index?

Ronaldo / Messi don't seem to be doing it for me currently.

Naymar?
    Kane?
    Pogba?
    VJ?

Or scrap the expensive option and go for the mid range?

• I wouldn't want to say who is "best" out of those four, but the only one I don't own is VinnyJ.

Neymar, Kane and Pogba have all increased in value since I bought them, and Kane and Pogba have returned dividends for me too (Neymar's been injured the entire time I've held him tbf to him)

• @LukeMalla said in Best top player in FI:

Neymar, Kane and Pogba

All will return a decent level of dividends when playing regularly & for me that is the only reason to buy any £5+ player. I can get my fix of hype/potential/"next big thing" & the potential capital growth (without any dividend support) in the cheap player section without risking £5+ for an effectively worthless asset like VJ, Sancho, CHO even Sterling.

CR & Messi have been great but are very high risk as the Rooney/Ibra cliff edge of value approaches due to age/injury/China/retirement risk so I wouldn't want to risk my money on them for those reasons. I actually see far greater value in Kimmich & VVD as they win decent dividends but are far cheaper than Mid/For players.

• Pogba out of them if you don't own him already

• Kane for me (yes I hold), maybe not a Media man as much as the other top players but certainly a match winner and a proven goal scorer. I have had £20 back in dividends from Kane in approx 6 weeks as well as his price up 12%. After SS he will be £2.80-3 seems a bargain to me!!!

• Pogba gets a lot of dividends, but he is very expensive now.

Kimmich does really well in terms of points each week because he plays for a top team that gets clean sheets, puts a lot of crosses in, gets a lot of assists and plays in a passing team. His average on whoscored is 75 per game - that's a 75 point baseline for him!

• If it's about media for the summer months then Mr dull and boring kane doesn't cut it that's why I suggested pogba. He could walk a dog in the park and win media.

• @Dan-w with nation's league and transfer spec I think Kane will do better for Divi wins than pogba this summer

• @Rufio90210 i never considerd that. Im still hoping they include the u21 euros for dividends as I've invested quite abit into top u21s in hope. It's win win either way as they will possibly cone good in the next 3 years.

• @Rufio90210

Every one of my 125 players is European.
    Next year we have a bigger tournament to look forward to.
    Same principle applies.
    FI haven't indicated anything to do with U21 tournaments or Copa America.
    They have indicated we can expect, WC's, Euro's and to an extent nations league ties. 3 year holds (no WC for current holds/purchases).

• @gball1975

I think there's lots of value outside the top 200.
    Really I think it's best to have a portfolio, in terms of numbers and diversity - that's suits you personally.
    How much football do you like to watch ?

Among the top 200 I'd say the following present the best value, working from best value to highest price.
    1 - Saul Niguez
    2 - Bernardo Silva
    3 - Dele Ali
    4 - Leroy Sane
    5 - Harry Kane

• @C-Arroyo

I think Saul is a cracking player. A world class youngster with the world at his feet.

But his PB scores are not anything special.

Im curious to know why you rate him so highly from a FI perspective?

• @johnboywalker

I would describe his PB scores as "volatile", but I would say he sacrifices for the team.
    Simeone gives Saul a lot of responsibility in games, he trusts him, he utilizes his versatility.
    Defensively I think we've seen him contribute as well as we could expect, however I think there's more to come offensively. Simeone is currently active in trying to transition to a different style of play - an new plan (a) that supporters crave.
    I suspect Simeone may be as quick to turn to Saul and put him in the 10 position as he was to throw him in at left back as and when needed.
    If that happens I think we see a very different result, both in terms of appreciation and points scored.
    Surprisingly there's times where I've really felt Athletico are at their most dangerous when Griezmann and Saul are the two furthest forward - It's something we may see against Juve - With Lemar and Koke given jobs out wide and the two sitters in behind them.
    The only reason I don't own Partey is he isn't going to be at Euro 2020 - The rest I hold - I'd rather own two of each of them than a single Pogba on principle - that's my sacrifice.
    He's never going to Barca or Real, I can't see him moving, but if he did - I'm already betting it'll be too join up with Pep.

• @johnboywalker

I don't think I'm wrong.
    I think FI is wrong.
    I think the model is broken and FI needs to fix it.

There's no way PP should be worth more than the entire Athletico Madrid team !!
    I don't care about short term dividends.
    I do however care about the health and long term sustainability/growth of the product, my capital appreciation, yours and everyone else's.

• @johnboywalker

Basically I'm hedging my bets that whatever future restructures are made by FI, they will be sensible ones that add value to quality players, Saul, Oblak, Jiminez, Griezmann.

I don't think it's a Simeone problem - it's an FI problem.
    They beat Juve on the pitch and Juve get a media div - It's nonsense.
    So yes I have made a calculated bet, investing in players like Saul Niguez who are undervalued on FI in comparison to their real world values - I own keepers , defenders and Eric Dier.
    I sincerely think if I lose - we all lose....long term, media dividends pale in comparison to what we would be looking at in terms of exponential global growth on a single, working, functional, engaging, enjoyable and rewarding platform - it's why people engage in fantasy football or play manager games on 'puters.
    It's what we try to sell.
    Then people come here and realize if they want to actually make money they simply need to buy tons of Pogba.

I'm not just here for money, more than that I love the beautiful game, I love the concept of FI and that of even the most humble being able to "own" some of their idols.
    I got bored very quickly with following the MB trends, it felt like I was selling out and I didn't enjoy it. They might be masters of the 1-0, but I can appreciate that. I'd rather be watching Athletico play, than looking at pictures of Pogba's new haircut. If Saul wins a dividend - it's a bonus :)

It is a calculated bet though, I think it is in FI's interest to move in this direction, as opposed to concentrating towards a small pool of dividend winners.
    That changes every six months or so...PB changes on a weekly basis - long term the latter is better for FI trade...Naturally I would expect keepers, defenders and dm's to retain value - makes no sense for FI to waste the potential for trade.

• I've got to say. I think you're wrong. 🤣

FI cannot and will not change the rules. The scoring system may be tweaked, but there will be no significant alterations. You can't move the goalposts once the game has started.

If they change the rules to suit you, then they upset others who have invested heavily under the current terms and conditions.

As for Saul. The Atletico style means that he will seldom challenge for PB over the course of the season.

I love Simeone, and I enjoy watching them play, but they are a team that thrives in knockout football, which is great for when they reach the later stages and their players become more likely to win PB.

If Greizmann played anywhere else in the world, he would be a £10 player.

Although we disagree, I appreciate the effort you have put in, explaining the rationale behind your decision making. 👍

• @johnboywalker said in Best top player in FI:

I've got to say. I think you're wrong. 🤣

FI cannot and will not change the rules. The scoring system may be tweaked, but there will be no significant alterations. You can't move the goalposts once the game has started.

If they change the rules to suit you, then they upset others who have invested heavily under the current terms and conditions.

As for Saul. The Atletico style means that he will seldom challenge for PB over the course of the season.

I love Simeone, and I enjoy watching them play, but they are a team that thrives in knockout football, which is great for when they reach the later stages and their players become more likely to win PB.

If Greizmann played anywhere else in the world, he would be a £10 player.

Although we disagree, I appreciate the effort you have put in, explaining the rationale behind your decision making. 👍

They already moved the goalposts with IPD. The game is different now.

• @johnboywalker

I'm prepared to challenge every investor here on this one.

You cash on Paul Pogba at your own risk, that's also in the toc's. I for one very much hope, they move this particular goalpost.

Yes there will be tears - I'm encouraging people to minimize that risk starting now.
    Alternatively we can all just load up on MB winners, then what happens when FI cannot pay the dividends, they will have no trade as everyone will be sat on MB winners.

This is my point, the trade will be a small number of players, long term holds, and little volatility.
    FI messed up big time, they know it, the toc's allow them to move the goalposts and frankly I think it is naive that some have a lot of eggs piled into a small number of baskets.

Forgive me, but that is far more about a love of money, than a love of football - It is short term "greed".
    When the goalposts are moved, when all the banksters have withdrawn and ceased exploiting the product, the footballing community can get back to distributing the revenue more evenly and more fairly.
    A share split does not fix this horrible situation we find ourselves in. Moving the posts away from MB fixes it.

• @johnboywalker said in Best top player in FI:

Can't you see what IPD's were ?
    They were exactly that, a moving of the goalposts, with the intent of increasing value to the other 3000 players that sit outside of the top 20.
    Only it hasn't fixed the problem, it was a subtle movement, one that was designed to appease those who hold MB winners in large quantities and see significant revenue.
    The problem remains.
    They've been given an incentive to diversify.
    They've chosen not to do so - buying more and more Pogba and draining more and more of FI's revenue in dividend wins, a trend that can only increase until FI moves the goalposts far enough to sustain their own finances.

I don't think I'm wrong, because my logic tells me there is only one viable direction in which FI can proceed, the alternative causes the business model to fail.

We were told the general yield was 19.3%.
    I strongly suspect that the greater part of that was paid in MB.
    This in turn will now be a cost that is targeted for future reduction.
    It cannot offer enough volatility and trade to justify itself.

The absolute best compromise here is to
    (a) open up MB to all players
    (b) open up MB to continental sources in the big five leagues.

That has the productive benefit of making us more appealing in those other 4 markets and surrounding nations, with UK investors who "play ball" being given ample opportunity to diversify, accept a PB based win mechanic as the primary source of regular and tangible dividends, but with capital appreciation and clever trading once again becoming the primary source of revenue.

• Currently there are two types of trader on FI, two potential means of deriving revenue.

1 - MB - These are investors who hold a small number of players (top 20) in large quantities, these are typically long term holds (months) with little movement and trade. Eventually all players reach a correct value based purely on projected annual dividend returns - after that things stagnate.

2 - IPD's - These are investors who typically own a small number of shares in a large number of players (everyone outside the top 20), typically held for a maximum of 30 days, often no more than 24 hours and sold at the first opportunity. These purchases are often made after the fact with dividends secured prior to purchase, the sole intent after the period of eligibility is to flip. Eventually all players correct at a price that reflect only their projected 30 day dividend yield vs the commission cost to sell and rebuy. Players eventually stagnate at these prices.

Beyond this there is no reason for any one of us to buy a single future, above a value at which we'll eventually reach a relative consensus - Stagnation, little trade/commission, but FI still has to pay all their costs inc dividends - so collapse.

Neither of these two models is sustainable for FI.
    Which is why we all need to concede that PB is the way forward for FI, with built in volatility and routine trade based on fluctuations in form and fitness.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.