End of Season

• I started FI from the world cup and have good ROI and learnt a lot. However, the end of the season is not far away and I'm curious as to what people have experienced in the past.

Is there a huge sell off as performance buzz becomes irrelevant for 3 months and it becomes all about the transfers (media buzz). Then, I presume, buying up and comers (from pre-season) or people who have moved clubs?

• @Mere.Mortal

I wasn't here last year but the Nations League thing will kick in this year I think, so English players will likely continue to rise. I'm pretty sure that's partly why Kane is flying. That and mid-week games/transfer rumours.

• The UCL final is on June 1st and think England play in the Nations League (final...;-) a week later... after that... NOTHING... NADA... RIEN!!!

I would suggest go on holiday... take the Mrs out... Take up some tennis... because NOTHING will happen on FI...

Then come back fully revitalised and rejuvenated for the new season say first week in August and all will be right with the world again!!!

• The last summer where there wasn't a World Cup was 2017 and that was pre-performance buzz. PB wasn't introduced until October 2017, before then the only divs on offer was MB. So the summer coming up is somewhat unprecedented.

• @gloryhornet88 plus the amount of traders now compared to back then is immense, I can guarantee that nobody on FI including behind the scenes have any idea what will happen, I'd say just try and do nothing @Mere-Mortal

• Transfer rumours. Media buzz will be a blood bath and instant selling will go through the roof.
    Players with with big transfers stories will go through the roof.
    I was here 2 years ago and it was very volitile. You could make a lot and lose a lot.
    Fomo is enormous.

• @Tom77 you could be right Tom, but as i wrote before your msg, you can't possibly know what will happen in the summer, this is a first time for everyone and 300 000 traders minimum currently, how many were there in 2017 ? Plus PB non existent.

• Having seen the volatility in January, and that's with games, I'm intending to steer very clear of the transfer window madness. I'll make sure my portfolio has lots of players I have good faith in, and just leave it at that.

Hell, I might even lock my account using that anti-addiction setting for a month or two to make sure I don't succomb to FOMO (though I am usually pretty disciplined).

• @Andy-M said in End of Season:

@Tom77 you could be right Tom, but as i wrote before your msg, you can't possibly know what will happen in the summer, this is a first time for everyone and 300 000 traders minimum currently, how many were there in 2017 ? Plus PB non existent.

I’m 66,000 something.

It was only 5p top spot now it's triple media 8p top spot. I think when traders see players being linked and in one of the top 3 they will jump on which inevitably leads to ising other players.
    You think how long a good transfer gets drawn out eg bale, the media divs could be insane.You could almost win a div everyday with a big big story.

• @Tom77 you could also get seriously burnt, I'll stick with my portfolio and hope some of my players get MB too, good luck whatever you decide mate.

• This is partly why I hope MB stays top 200. At least then there is some cost associated with chasing the MB every day causing massive volatility. If, for instance, by 1.55 pm on a triple day Bale is leading... it's a high cost price to start with and then the spread far out weighs the reward, so if you buy in, you should be doing it to cover the majority of the summer period.

However, if Joe Chumpy Chump @ 30pps with IS price of 29p is leading... then people would load him up, take the rise (or MB) then dump.

• @Vespasian32 said in End of Season:

This is partly why I hope MB stays top 200. At least then there is some cost associated with chasing the MB every day causing massive volatility. If, for instance, by 1.55 pm on a triple day Bale is leading... it's a high cost price to start with and then the spread far out weighs the reward, so if you buy in, you should be doing it to cover the majority of the summer period.

However, if Joe Chumpy Chump @ 30pps with IS price of 29p is leading... then people would load him up, take the rise (or MB) then dump.

Totally. At first I was pro MB bring opened up, but now I've had a chance to think about it, I think it will ruin it. However, 200 might be too restrictive given how many players have been added to the Index - I think opening it to top 400 would be a good compromise.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.