The £10 Challenge

• As a fun little challenge - to test the money-making potential of the Index - I'm going to have a shot at turning £10 into £100 over the course of 2018.

I've been on Football Index for just over a year, and have roughly trebled a £2k investment, but I've also been risk averse and gone with really safe bets like Neymar and Hazard. So this will force me to make uncharacteristically risky bets, try some quick flips, and do some really active trading over PB, transfer windows, and the World Cup. And I think it could be interesting to see whether a tenfold rise (even with such a small amount of money) is still possible in this new market.

The rules I've set myself are:

• Start on 1 January 2018 and finish 31 December 2018
    • Any dividends get rolled into the pot
    • If I hit £100 before the end of the year, I'll keep going
    • The rest of my portfolio will run in parallel but won't be referenced

If this piques anyone's interest - just to see how I get on - I'll be documenting every single trade (good or bad) on Twitter (https://twitter.com/10_Pounds_FI). It would be great if other people wanted to have a stab at this as well, just to see which strategies and positions work best over the course of a year.

• @playingcards1 very interessting. And i think next year FI will skyrocket. With world cup coming and so on... i think a return of x10 is not unrealistic...

• Interesting will follow you ...

Generally my risky stuff has gone wrong and my well thought out stuff has generated a steady if unspectacular profit.

• @playingcards1

Nice idea buddy - when you post the trades on Twitter it would be good for newbies( and others) for you to explain your reasoning and thought process behind the trades....you should get a decent little following of it.
    Good luck!

• I've been looking forward to getting started....

First buy is 6x Rooney @ £1.54 ahead of the Everton v Man Utd clash.

• @playingcards1 Hey man, i'm in. I've followed you on Twitter.
    I've gone for Son, who looks underpriced given recent form, and they have two games in two days. Rooney is a GREAT shout, looks really undepriced. anyway, and a good game could easily kick his value up. Haven't they got Liverpool in the FA Cup too ?

• I like the idea however from initial trades I see selling fees going to eat into profit. Looks some good opertunity s however keeping the main body of players is a must I’ve learned

• @playingcards1 said in The £10 Challenge:

I've been looking forward to getting started....

First buy is 6x Rooney @ £1.54 ahead of the Everton v Man Utd clash.

I've tried this myself and soon canned it but I was VERY fresh on the Index when I tried it so interested to see how you get on. What's the plan with Rooney now then, are you holding or taking a hit to the spread?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.