Lukaku

• Kept buying futures as i just could understand his price being so low, reaping the rewards over the last 2 weeks, goals, media buzz wins, price on the rise...just how high will he go!

• Ditto, it's even more enjoyable after holding throughout all the criticism and maintaining he'd come good.

Right now he's not leaving my portfolio for any less than £8.
    A figure I'll probably raise as he gets there (assuming there's a general rise in all players).

• One frustrating thing about tonight....He should have put young Marcus in his place and taken the match ball home, but I'll settle for another consecutive media div, to follow another from "boring" Harry :)

• agree £8 is a minimum, you look at Martial trading at £8, Kane at £12. Both players Kane/Lukaku 25 yrs old, Kane 120 prom goals Lukaku 113 and he has played majority of games at WestBrom/Everton! Even after 70p rise I'm still lumping on. He seems to play the game well off the pitch too, consoling their defender at the end and social media so lots of column inches/media posts thats been the biggest bonus for me as wasn't expecting the dividend payouts purely bought him on the share price, long may it continue

• He will be back on the bench when Martial & Lingard fully return from injuries - the main reason his price remains low.

• @Chris-J yeh that's the concern, but maybe he has played his way in if he and Rashford can operate together with one operating wide and one through the middle (possibly swapping throughout the game)… Lingaard always looks replacable.

• @Vespasian32 said in Lukaku:

@Chris-J yeh that's the concern, but maybe he has played his way in if he and Rashford can operate together with one operating wide and one through the middle (possibly swapping throughout the game)… Lingaard always looks replacable.

You could see lukaku and lingard swapping ( like one starting and one being a sub).

Rash/martial are defo starters.

• 6 goals I 3 games...awesome from the big guy but I do agree with @Chris-J, once everyone is fit I don't think Lukaku will get in the team, Ole will keep Rashford as the main striker and Lukaku won't work for them on the flank / wing. Saying that, he'll probably be going in the summer anyway so maybe worth holding if you got him at the right price.

• @gball1975 He has done well and is a far better player than he is given credit for - Unfortunately I can't see him ever being more than a rotation player which stops him getting anywhere near the value of Kane as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Be careful with this one guys - the combination of his recent value spike (his value is inflated by a lot of knee-jerk traders) and first teamers returning from injury doesn't bode well for the short-mid term, don't see what's ahead for him long term either?

• @Chris-J I have about £50 to spend on someone today but Lukaku isn't one for me, outside summer transfer rumours going to Serie A, I can't see any reason to jump on him currently. And even then, he won't be a regular on top of the MB.
    But hey, this is just my opinion.

• @Chris-J
    I don't think Lukaku will be back on the bench when Martial and Lingard are back. Simply because Ole is not stupid to put a good-form and his best goal scorer on the bench.

If you look at the statistics, Lukaku and Rashford are the top two choices of Ole this season and also perform the best. Two of them have played more matches (37 and 36) and scored more goals (15 and 11) than any other forwards. Lukaku is even better than Rashford as a goal scorer!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.