Rashford

• Everyone who IS Rashford after the 1st leg šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• gave me an opportunity to get him in my portfolio - looks to have MB wrapped up for today already

• Yeah looking good for today.

• The next to hit the 20 pound mark?

• Probably Ā£5 after SS. Great timing, next round of champions league in April.

• This is a lesson to traders be f****ing patient

• @NewUser35208 said in Rashford:

Everyone who IS Rashford after the 1st leg šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Are about level. I mentioned on the greenwood thread about the bizarre price movements. Rashford started the first leg practically Ā£14.

• How bad was Rashford in both legs?
    Looked complete trash (and Iā€™m a holder!).

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Rashford:

@NewUser35208 said in Rashford:

Everyone who IS Rashford after the 1st leg šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Are about level. I mentioned on the greenwood thread about the bizarre price movements. Rashford started the first leg practically Ā£14.

I suspect he would have been considerably less after the first leg which is what the op is referring to. Less a further pound with the spread on Instant sell.

How bad was Rashford in both legs?

But the pair of balls on the man...... They must be fckn HUGE! šŸ˜Žāš½āš½

• @Ericali said in Rashford:

@Timothee-Atouba said in Rashford:

But the pair of balls on the man...... They must be fckn HUGE! šŸ˜Žāš½āš½

They must!

He's carrying an injury for sure - hasn't fully recovered from the Liverpool one that he forced himself to play through.

Warrior

• the commentator last night said it was his first United pen (although we've seen him score them before) and you forget... He's twenty bloody one!!!! This is his best premier league goals return down simply to the fact the Manager he now has (a centre forward himself who knows what it's like) believes in him enough to keep putting him out on the pitch!!!

Compare him to Mbappe who all be it plays in an easier league and he's a year older with almost 40 less goals... But by playing week in week out and for a team full of confidence and for a coach that believes in him i think he can only get better.

Exciting times for holders...the boys got Grande Cajones!!!!

• @Chris-J

Maybe. What about the first leg though?

• @NewUser35208 said in Rashford:

But tbf... He went into that game at 13.90 ish.. IS would have paid over Ā£13 per share and since then he dropped to Ā£12.38 so could have IS and bought back and taken a free 60pps compared to anyone that held. I held Rashford throughout, but have IS on Martial when he got injured and made over Ā£1pps buy buying again at Ā£7.84

Too much judgement here...if you IS you aren't panicking or stating that the player will never rise again, you are doing it because money tied up in a player that is losing value could be better spent elsewhere. The judgement is just as skillful as any other trade...timing that you get out first, deciding whether or not the player will drop below your IS value, deciding if/when to buy back in.

Another example I bought 100 longstaff at 2.35....rose to 3.55 (ish) sold 50 to market.. The other 50 I was going to keep longer term... But as soon as he was injured I IS and got 3.05. He is now 2.64 and ruled out for season so I see him dropping more. If I buy back now I'd be 50pps better off than anyone who held... But I won't cos he isn't worth anything until next season now anyway.

The mugs in this situation are anyone holding just cos they think in the next 3 years he will bounce back

• @Timothee-Atouba I'll give you that one - poor performance like the rest of the team.

• @Vespasian32 Mugs? Really? Mugs for believing that his price can rise again?
    Generally speaking, when a player is injured that can be the best time to buy because his price is low. But it all depends how you're playing. You're buying in the knowledge that it's a long term thing - he isn't magically going to shoot up to Ā£4 whilst injured. But if you believe he will when he's back, take it. The margin is good. But - that depends whether you can afford to have that money tied up.

You're not a mug for using IS but people that hold also aren't mugs.

• @SgtSnowman said in Rashford:

Mugs? Really? Mugs for believing that his price can rise again?

believing it will rise again isn't the point tho. if you buy for Ā£10, then a player goes to Ā£1 for a year and 3 years later is Ā£10 ā€¦ but in the middle you could have sold for Ā£5... you are a fool not to take the Ā£5?! Seems simple to me.

Lots of posts here criticise the use of IS, but as I say, it's free money if used wisely. With Longstaff the judgements that go into it are; knowing that his rise was very quick and relatively baseless so people would have already hade twitchy bums and sitting on high profit - was a storm in a tea cup... I knew he would decrease... so IS at that moment (regardless of what his price is 6 months or 3 years from now) was the correct decision. Holding was the incorrect decision.

• @Vespasian32 Agree to disagree. Everything is judgement based. I'm not going to criticise the use of IS, people have their reasons. But others will have their own reasons for not using it.
    You can't complain about judgement for using IS but then judge anyone for not using it. It's a marketplace and people have their own direction for portfolios.

• This is why order books would be good, everybody has a different sell price ( if they wanted).

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.