The Mourinho Strategy

• If he goes to Real Madrid I see it having numerous ripple effects on FI
    The effect on the youngsters prices

VJ / Ascensio and Rodrygo etc

The effect it will have on the likelihood of potential incoming transfers Hazard? Neymar?

Whats your plan of attack assuming he gets the gig at RM?

• I'd be staying clear of any RM player now due to his late history...

I did plan to buy VJ some point afterhis drop but not anymore

• @Rufio90210 Sold my VJ's yesterday and put the money into Kane.

• Still reckon it'll be Pochettino. Then RM players become a much different prospect.

• @Lukeroro

I had 200 Rodrygo but sold 100 of them in the queue this morning he went through in a couple of hours but I suspect the queue will grow should he get the job.

One to keep an eye on definitely

• I've made this point several times over. Recent history tells us that his Man Utd team were overly negative and not great for PB.

But his time at Real Madrid back in 2011/12 is a completely different story. He broke records galore.

In the 2011/2012 season, under Jose, the team won a record 32nd La Liga title and finished the season with a number of records including 100 points in a single season, a record 121 goals scored and goal difference of +89, and a record 16 away wins and 32 overall wins.

To base your opinion of Mourinho on only his tenure at Man Utd is short sighted and illogical.

• I think there's an agreement with Mourinho in place, it's been pretty much confirmed by Perez, go check it out. (you heard it hear first).
    And dam right it will have a ripple effect but I'm not entirely convinced that he'll like VJ. Mourinho is allergic to players who aren't yet the finished article yet and If his treatment of Rashford and Martial is anything to go by then I'd be worried for VJ holders.(and Rodrigo holders for that matter)
    I think it's clear he prefers well established players which paves the way for a huge transfer in the summer. It's just a question of who will be the first galatico to join the Maureen the bus driver's army. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Neymar. Surely he must be absolutely fed up of playing against farmers week in week out, winning the league before the season starts and PSG bottling it in Europe while he parties with his sister.

Hazard is a long shot with the obscurity of the the Chelsea transfer ban and all it's potential implications. Not to mention the fact that he very clearly and publicly had a falling out with Mourinho, evidenced by that Wonder goal against Tottenham 2 days after Mourinho's sacking.

I predict that Gareth Bale will be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Mourinho's potential take over if he makes it to the summer without getting his contract terminated or worse yet getting stabbed outside the Bernabeu by those spoiled Madrid "fans". I genuinely believe that Mourinho would relish the opportunity to work with Bale, and in Bale you have a potential world beater. (disclaimer: I don't actually own any shares in Bale)

• I think the Mourinho strategy would be:

• Sell your holds in the club you think he's about to go to
    • Once he's confirmed, wait 2 years
    • At the 2 year mark, buy all the attacking players in that club at low prices
    • Wait 6 months for the inevitable sacking
    • KERCHING

(not entirely serious)

• @johnboywalker

Helped by the fact that he had one of the best strikers of all time scoring 60 goals that season.

• I honestly feel Mourinho going anywhere other than China would be a bad step for Mourinho... It would certainly be a backward step for Real Madrid and goes against their recent strategy of buying young? But then who else is out there?

According to Marca Perez has asked Zidane who said 'not now'... according to Marca the majority of fans want Pochettino... could the job be too big to refuse? also according to Marca they say Klopp is the ideal candidate which is probably correct for the way they want to play, but would he leave Liverpool at this stage of his reign??

A lot of questions but not many answers for me... If Poch is swayed away it could be the only logical answer... then who would we have replacing him at Spurs???

• @dannypea

Wenger LOL

Perhaps Wenger might take an interim position at RM whilst they wait for Poch or Klopp

• @dannypea If Poch did go to RM do you think it likely that Kane and Alli would follow ?

• Same as others here. I sold my VJ in the queue yesterday and topped up on Sancho and Kane. I now hold no Real Madrid players in anticipation of Jose getting the job.

• I market sold VJ and Rodrygo yesterday morning petrified that Jose could come in.
    Interesting that the Rodrygo price is holding up.

• @Boing-Boing I honestly think Kane is yiddo... he wants to become the Premier Leagues greatest goalscorer of all time and moving out of England would make it more difficult to beat Alan Shearer's record? But it would be a difficult decision to turn down? so perhaps timing is essential and it would depend on Spurs achievements (or lack of them at the time)?

Not sure if Alli is good enough but would certainly think Eriksen could follow and maybe a Belgium defender?

All Ifs and buts of course? If Spurs win the UCL it might be the likes of Bale, Kroos, Modric etc wanting to go the other way???

• @johnboywalker said in The Mourinho Strategy:

I've made this point several times over. Recent history tells us that his Man Utd team were overly negative and not great for PB.

But his time at Real Madrid back in 2011/12 is a completely different story. He broke records galore.

In the 2011/2012 season, under Jose, the team won a record 32nd La Liga title and finished the season with a number of records including 100 points in a single season, a record 121 goals scored and goal difference of +89, and a record 16 away wins and 32 overall wins.

To base your opinion of Mourinho on only his tenure at Man Utd is short sighted and illogical.

Having prime Ronaldo helps along with Özil when he was good.

• @dannypea

Money talks in football
    Players aren’t going to be prepared to have their wages cut just because of what a club won the previous season.

In Bales case he’s currently on £650k per week which I’m assuming would translate to even more if you factored in Uk taxes

• @Advinculas-Index Bale has already said he doesn't want to go anywhere... and in the case of Isco and the ongoing uncertainty (like it did with Pogba at United)... these players nowadays last longer than their Coaches so fresh start in the new season when Solari is shown the door perhaps?

That said... 'IF' someone would come knocking with a whopping 650k a week why wouldn't Bale go??? it doesn't have to be to England but sometimes players do take pay cuts to play football if they are not entirely happy... My only question is in England especially.. Who can afford him and who would want him??? I would suggest Inter or Bayern Munich might be more suitable destinations for him???

• @Tom77 said in The Mourinho Strategy:

@johnboywalker said in The Mourinho Strategy:

I've made this point several times over. Recent history tells us that his Man Utd team were overly negative and not great for PB.

Having prime Ronaldo helps along with Özil when he was good.

Agreed. But the stats also show that the rest of the goals were well spread out amongst the team.

0_1551960447083_Screenshot_20190307-120432_Samsung Internet.jpg

• @johnboywalker that's frightening!!!!!

Higuain scores 26 goals and was third top scorer at the club!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.