Excited for share split!

• My portfolio has taken a hammering the last few weeks. I cant wait for the share split to come around and to watch my portfolio keep growing! i made over 300% ROI on several players over the last year or so and i'm eager to see the index keep growing. Are you guys excited ?!

• Yes, but also a little apprehensive. Three possibilities for post share split,

1. Everyone gets over excited seeing players at such “low” prices, deposits a load of money and everything rockets

2. Everyone sits around waiting for point 1 to happen without actually depositing themselves, leading to a flat market

3. With not much else to look forward to on the horizon, and an empty summer, everyone decides now is the time to withdraw - leading to big falls across the board

I genuinely have no idea which is most likely!

• 100% excitement
    I've been working hard to get as much cash pumped into my portfolio for the share split as I can. I feel as it's the equivalent of a goldmine opening up in town and everyone is welcome. It's interesting to see how the market will react to the cut prices and what little tricks FI have up their sleeve as I doubt it'll be as straightforward as a 4 way split in shares and 4 way split in dividends. I'm sure there'll be some sort of twist or new feature that'll be introduced along with the share split that will spice things up.
    whats your strategy for the share split btw?

@JmanSupreme

• I honestly don't think much will change, although I do see a bit of an investment surge as I'm sure people have been holding back waiting to see the new dividend table and what the lie of the land is following the split.

However, I'm not expecting us all to get rich quick, I'm not expecting a massive prolonged surge in growth, and as long as I keep my current minimum of 5% a month ROI then I'll be very happy still.

• @NewUser280785 My portfolio is 4 figures + and packed with young and proven talent. I try and avoid hype jobs but have watched VJ go from being £2 to over £11 in the space of perhaps 6/7 months, same as Hudson-Odoi. I have large holdings in Pogba, Jesus, & Sancho. How about yourself ?

• @Coleyscrooge
    Well I haven't been on FI last summer, but I thought summers can also be fun when there's transfers speculation and potential MB's to be won. As well as potential capital appreciation to be made on players I've been holding onto in anticipation of a summer transfer, the likes of Bruno Fernandes,Joao Felix, Icardi etc. I'm sure the nations league will be eligible for PB so it's not completely dead.

• My concern is that all of us here already are aware that the prices haven't dropped, they've been split in line with the futures. Any new users that join after aren't going to see lower prices, they'll just see them as current prices. My first purchases, Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Martial, Dembele, Pogba, Rashford, were made with their future price in mind, not how they were priced the previous week.
    I hope I am wrong and we all double our money.

• @Jimbob I see the lower prices for newbies as the main reason for growth if I'm honest.
    Today, a new trader comes in with 20 quid and can't buy Pogba or Neymar. Therefore we're relying on bigger investors, or more money from current traders.
    After SS, a newbie will come in and could buy Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe, Sancho and Salah say. I get that we will need 4x as many people to buy as we do now, but it opens the market up to new traders far more.

• @Jimbob I agree that "new users that join after aren't going to see lower prices, they'll just see them as current prices" but it will seem a lot more attractive buying a Pogba @ £5 instead of £20 or even a Felix with all the transfer hype @ £1.50 instead of £6.

• They can always pull a deposit bonus out of the bag if things are flat after the split.

• I hope so. I remember somebody saying a while ago that it will only affect people buying less than four (or five) shares. I have to agree, but hopefully there are more of those smaller traders than I anticipate.
    I'm obviously not suggesting that the split is a bad thing, It's going to be necessary to avoid £50 Pogba etc, I just don't expect it cause prices to rocket much more than they are already.

• @JmanSupreme
    I meant what will be your strategy to take advantage of the share split?
    But that's a solid portfolio nonetheless, I assume you've been here a while since you picked up VJ at 2 pounds.
    Well my portfolio is definitely not as big as yours, still in the 3 figures bracket as I'm still a student ( will start working in August). But I generally have a similar strategy as you, I picked up young talent (proven or not) in anticipation of their a rise in price in the future. I've been making good profits on Greenwood, Havertz and Brewster since I've picked them up in early January. Have a few more youngsters in line, Geubbels, Gouiri, Amaechi and Paulinho(Leverkusen). I also like to buy players who are bound to make a move in the summer such as Bruno Fernandes (at 3.6 is a steal btw as he's a PB beast albeit in a shit league), Maxi Gomez, Icardi and Morelos. Not really interested in in PB or MB atm, just capital appreciation until I can pump more money in, in August.

• @NewUser280785 said in Excited for share split!:

100% excitement
    I've been working hard to get as much cash pumped into my portfolio for the share split as I can. I feel as it's the equivalent of a goldmine opening up in town and everyone is welcome. It's interesting to see how the market will react to the cut prices and what little tricks FI have up their sleeve as I doubt it'll be as straightforward as a 4 way split in shares and 4 way split in dividends. I'm sure there'll be some sort of twist or new feature that'll be introduced along with the share split that will spice things up.
    whats your strategy for the share split btw?

@JmanSupreme

I admire your enthusiasm.
    I’d like to be that excited next time I can get a can of coke for 50p instead of 4 for £2!

• There will be mass re-investment for sure. A lot of users have sold parts of their portfolios in order to react to any changes after the share split.

A lot of money is being held back by users waiting to be pumped back in once the full details have been announced.

• I've only got 11 players spending £450, all green returning 7% in 5 weeks, done a little tidying up over the last few days, player age ranging from 17 - 25 years of age, will pump in another £100 on the day of SS and bring it up to 15 players. Currently looking for return on investment as oppose to dividends and then going to sit tight until August after the summer transfer / media hype and then go from there.

• @NewUser280785 No particular strategy, i just avoid injury prone players and also like them to be 25 or under. If you haven't already learned about compound interest, please do so. At your age you can really take advantage of it.

• @Timothee-Atouba
    Well you're underestimating the no. of FI users with portfolio's under 100£ who can't afford to buy more than 2/3 shares in Pogba. I personally don't look at how good a player is interms of PB/MB returns, I'm looking more at capital appreciation han anything else. I think will this player double or triple in value in a years time before I buy that player and I'd imagine anyone with a small portfolio will also be looking more at the cap than MB/PB. With that logic in mind, can I see Pogba's value double or triple from5-15£ in the next year or year and a half? absolutely, at the very least he'll be worth more than 5.5pounds. So I'll be buying as many shares in Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe and Sancho as I can. Of course I could be completely wrong but that's the risk I'm willing to take.

• @NewUser280785 said in Excited for share split!:

@Timothee-Atouba
    Well you're underestimating the no. of FI users with portfolio's under 100£ who can't afford to buy more than 2/3 shares in Pogba. I personally don't look at how good a player is interms of PB/MB returns, I'm looking more at capital appreciation han anything else. I think will this player double or triple in value in a years time before I buy that player and I'd imagine anyone with a small portfolio will also be looking more at the cap than MB/PB. With that logic in mind, can I see Pogba's value double or triple from5-15£ in the next year or year and a half? absolutely, at the very least he'll be worth more than 5.5pounds. So I'll be buying as many shares in Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe and Sancho as I can. Of course I could be completely wrong but that's the risk I'm willing to take.

Why would you buy 4 Pogba next month but not one now?

• There was a good discussion on a recent FIG podcast with a behavioural psychologist. He cited evidence to show that when share splits take place , even if there is no material difference to value (I.e 4 way split with 4 way div split) prices still rise as they look cheaper , and (as the index constantly proves ) we are not entirely rational beings.

• @Indexical spending £500 on Neymar at £5 feels good cos you get 100 shares. Spending £500 currently means you get 25, which doesn't feel as good...more people will buy when they are getting 100 shares. Holding 100 makes the penny div wins nice and round and easy to workout what you will win. And maybe more so if divs are in decimals going forward, hopefully they are rounded up though as a bonus!

But i agree with those above. It wont be the current players buying after SS, we have all bought ready for the SS, maybe a bit saved for the 18th in case rules are changed etc... but generally weve all done our big shopping to try and capitalise on the growth from a SS. So it will be heavily reliant on new people signing up and investing. I feel there must be a big marketing campaign to immediately follow the SS or it will go very flat or even down as people with big holds will start to leave.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.