Perfect example of why you should do our research and not be a sheep!

• Opinions may differ on him but, Amine Gouiri.
    I see his price had increased by 14p recently, done a bit of research into him and he looks decent for a 19 year old.
    I then found he was injured last August with an ACL rupture and can not see any news on a return.

I tend not to invest in players who have had a major injury as such, especially ACL.
    What's everyone else's view?

• Depends on the club/player sometimes. If an Arsenal player is off with a cold, I assume it's the Bubonic plague and sell... if a Spuds player is out with a broken leg … it usually turns out to be a bruise and they are back in a week.

• @Jordanjl12 said in Perfect example of why you should do our research and not be a sheep!:

Opinions may differ on him but, Amine Gouiri.
    I see his price had increased by 14p recently, done a bit of research into him and he looks decent for a 19 year old.
    I then found he was injured last August with an ACL rupture and can not see any news on a return.

I tend not to invest in players who have had a major injury as such, especially ACL.
    What's everyone else's view?

He's very talented and there is news about his return.

• @DanD
    he's due back very soon. He's doing very light non contact training drills at the moment. But I heard that news over 2 weeks ago, no idea why he's only starting to rise now.
    He's a very talented young striker, scored a lot of goals for the france youth teams. He's also at the perfect club for developing young talent and I expect one of the Lyon front men to leave this summer which should open up a place for him in the lyon attack at the beginning of next season. With that being said he's had a very serious injury that even the best professionals from any sport (Derick Rose/Falcao) find it difficult to recover from. So I would be a little cautious and not go all in just yet. I have a few shares in him now but will pick a lot more once I see him playing again!

• @NewUser280785 yeah, as you say it was a very serious injury...they have no need to rush him back. He's been gradually rising for months.

• I had him for a while, very slowly increasing but in the end i dumped him and brought more sancho.
    I might well buy him back when he is nearer fitness,no point in having money stagnating ( most of the time), especially when the spread is small enough and commision is not high.

• @Tom77 Yeah, you see, ACL to me is just a massive red warning beacon. I may eat my words and I hope I do for the kid's futures sake!

• His goal stats pre-injury were pretty special. Especially at international junior level. If you think of the hype and prices of English youngsters then it at least looks like this young lad merits the hype! Just depends how he will come back after his injury really.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.