๐Ÿšจ #FigCast Ep. 73.๐Ÿšจ Youthphoria Featuring Sam Richards. Are youth players a bubble?

• ๐Ÿšจ #FigCast Ep. 73.๐Ÿšจ

I was joined by the much requested @Sam14richards to discuss:

๐Ÿ‘‰His youth based strategy ๐Ÿ‘ถ
    ๐Ÿ‘‰How to value youngsters on #FootballIndex ๐Ÿ‘€
    ๐Ÿ‘‰Bubbles on FI โšช๏ธ

Listen๐Ÿ‘‚๐Ÿ”—: https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/73

๐ŸŽ iTunes/iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/football-index-podcast/id1291934749?mt=2#episodeGuid=a03f8c98-48e1-4b23-897c-4aaf66d8c810 โ€ฆ ๐ŸŽ

โ‡๏ธ https://open.spotify.com/episode/0cVS6OrLrQWwZlIWVUmnH4?si=BNsE5FtcQwSOoD2rG424bg โ€ฆ โ‡๏ธ

Translate Tweet

• @The-FIG

The word that came to mind was โ€œskeweredโ€...

Itโ€™s a slight shame that Sam has emerged as one of the more prominent Twitter advocates for the youth surge (which I actually think is a solid strategy if you time the entry point correctly).

Sadly he couldnโ€™t back it up, and resorted to quite a lot of back-pedalling and whataboutery. So my assessment; heโ€™s made the right call on youth, but for the wrong reasons, and therefore wilted a bit under the questioning.

Ah well - it takes all sorts and thanks for having him on in any case!

• Listening to the pod was like pulling teeth.... not the best ๐Ÿ‘

• @playingcards1 Thanks for the feedback mate! Ofc, always willing to give those a shot who were much recommended!

• @Thedave Appreciate your feedback Dave.

• Don't follow him, but good that you got Sam on. Whatever you think about Sam and Index strategies as a whole, it's clear he's been ahead of the curve.

After listening, still not 100% if as @playingcards1 suggests he simply got lucky in making that call (no reason why it shouldn't be just that), or whether he was more being a little defensive and evasive in his answers - which is also reasonable from his point of view.

Probably more of the former, as although you tried @The-FIG (time and time again!), Sam definitely didn't offer up any kind of deep thinking or insight into his decisions - however good his feel for the market has undoubtedly proved. I'm all for different voices and strategies on the pod, so this was a shame and a missed opportunity.

• He basically doesnโ€™t care about dividends and actually said he didn't know where to find previous PB scores, it really isn't hard especially if you have been on the platform 10months.
    No substance to his picks either, questioning Rice price but seeโ€™s CHO at ยฃ9 as fine, itโ€™s a bit hypocritical.

• Tale of Two Sams!

Sam Freedman and Sam Richards Podcasts were like Chalk and Cheese respectively - Get the Blackboard out and put the Crackers away FIG.

• I love the pod and listen every week... still good to listen to his stratagy and style but some of his answers were just frustrating to listen to, i get that every player on here has pros and cons depending on which side u look at that particular player but just think if your gonna go on and talk about it you need to be able to back it up with something and not just say โ€œyeah well i like him, its up to other if they like himโ€.
    I do agree with him when he says that his tips are just tips and you should do your own research, easiest way to put that is, there are 1000โ€™s of twitter accounts tipping horses today, if you follow 1 and lose, would u moan that it lost or just change your tip source ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
    Keep up the good work FIG, always the highlight of my monday in the gym listening to sundays pod ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Young-Olly said in ๐Ÿšจ #FigCast Ep. 73.๐Ÿšจ Youthphoria Featuring Sam Richards. Are youth players a bubble?:

Tale of Two Sams!

Sam Freedman and Sam Richards Podcasts were like Chalk and Cheese respectively - Get the Blackboard out and put the Crackers away FIG.

But funnily enough, the cognitive biases and irrational market behaviour that Sam F highlighted throughout, are exactly what Sam R has profited from.

• @Keegan's-Bluff True. I just found the Sam R podcast really difficult to listen to. In fact, it is the first of FIG's podcasts that I had to listen to in small chunks rather than all the way through. Everyone worth a shot though, all still v interesting.

• @The-FIG Great podcast this one and one hell of an effort from you to try and get reasoned answers!

• Im new to football index and ive caught a few of the Figs contributions and found them enjoyable. The youth 'bubble' is a bit of a hot topic and I hope its one that is revisited. This particular offering didnt offer any meaningful insight into the topic. The meteoric rise of Mason Greenwood has happened without many minutes in meaningful action on the pitch. Sam is clearly a fan but he never convinced me to join that particular gravy train. 17 year old Federico Macheda scored on his Manchester United debut once upon a time. Theres so many lessons from history on the folly of youth....

• I actually think it's a real shame that the youth surge has become conflated with Twitter's foremost pump and dumpers. They are amongst the most prominent advocates but they NOT giving reasoned or thoughtful arguments for it. They have essentially spotted a trend that was obvious to anyone but the most ardent PB acolytes (who generally happen to be the Twitter mega-traders) and have become associated with it by posting lots of rocket and dollar-eye emojis.

• @Keegan's-Bluff Thanks very much mate! Appreciate your feedback

• @Bigfella Thanks so much mate , appreciate your feedback and your kind words!

• @NewUser731 Thank you mate, appreciate that!!

• @The-FIG you can say that again.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.