What time is the Announcement on the 18th?

• Anything been revealed yet? I've a feeling that whichever way the announcement goes, some players are going to look a lot more appealing and equally, current big hitters might not look like easy money anymore.
    I want to be on the ball so was wondering if an announcement time had been made?
    Thanks.

• Market will be suspended for 6days so you will have plenty of time to think of strategy

• @Rufio90210 eh? No it won't.

• @Rufio90210 suspended for 6 days?, where did you get that info from ?

• Well that's cleared things up! :)

• must admit I heard that somewhere and was going to start a topic on that subject.
    So I take it after announcement on 18th normal trading will continue towards as.

• I don't think they have announced a specific time (feel free if anyone can confirm otherwise) however if common sense prevails, they should do it at around 18:00 hours so that more people who are working and don't have access to a pc or a mobile phone can react.

I believe most of their announcements in the past have taken place in the evenings partly due to this.

I think they did say that they would suspend the market for a short duration when the the announcement is made (again im not sure whether they specified a duration)

• @NewUser268150 said in What time is the Announcement on the 18th?:

must admit I heard that somewhere and was going to start a topic on that subject.
    So I take it after announcement on 18th normal trading will continue towards ss.

• @Advinculas-Index said in What time is the Announcement on the 18th?:

I think they did say that they would suspend the market for a short duration when the the announcement is made (again im not sure whether they specified a duration)

I'm pretty sure at the trader meet they said 2hrs for the suspension.

• Let's just hope we don't have an 8 day suspension eh😉

• @NewUser268150 said in What time is the Announcement on the 18th?:

Let's just hope we don't have an 8 day suspension eh😉

Though I wouldn't mind a guaranteed loss-free 8 days...

• It's only a week away and I've googled and can't find any links giving information as to time of announcement or any suspension of trading.

• @Advinculas-Index 6.00pm has been the normal time for the last few. So I see no reason they would change this. 6.00pm market get locked. 6.01pm they drop the news on https://footballindex.news/. 6.02pm website crashes under load.

• I'm fairly new to this platform. I've been playing with a little bit of money but plan to invest more for the share split. With the uncertainty regarding the announcement, dividends, structure of split etc, Would it make more sense for me to invest this money before the 18th, between 18-26 (if the market isn't suspended) or on the 26th? I believe it might get a little crazy on the 26th and would ideally like to be prepared before that.

• The market is not going to be suspended continuously between 18th and 26th.

Why would FI suspend the market for that long and cost themselves tens of thousands of pounds in commission?

A few hours here and there to allow customers to digest major news or to carry out tech updates, yes. But 6-8 days of suspension, no, that's just stupid.

• @NewUser303289

Yes, I'd recommend preparing your portfolio before the 18th.

On the 18th and 26th, it is possible that the website may crash due to excessive load (it's happened before), so probably best not to rely on doing any business on those days.

• @NewUser303289 said in What time is the Announcement on the 18th?:

I'm fairly new to this platform. I've been playing with a little bit of money but plan to invest more for the share split. With the uncertainty regarding the announcement, dividends, structure of split etc, Would it make more sense for me to invest this money before the 18th, between 18-26 (if the market isn't suspended) or on the 26th? I believe it might get a little crazy on the 26th and would ideally like to be prepared before that.

Prep a diverse portfolio before the 18th, with some cash spare to react to any big changes.

Once the announcements are made on the 18th, invest this cash before the SS.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.