Forwards :-

Harry Kane
    Marcus Rashford
    Jadon Sancho
    Raheem Sterling
    Callum Wilson

• No Ward-Prowse 😩

• 10 defenders? wouldve sacrificed one of those for JWP or Maddison

• Personally, I think Danny Rose's international career is finished. I'd have sacrificed him to have Aaron Wan-Bissaka around the squad, even if Southgate didn't want to play him because of Walker, Trippier, Chilwell and Shaw - being in-and-around the squad is an experience all of its own.

As for James Ward-Prowse and James Maddison, I'd have dropped 2 from John Stones, James Tarkowski or Fabian Delph.

That forward lineup though 👍👍👍

• That midfield makes me want to puke, seriously what a joke, James Ward Prowse and Maddison should be b4 half of that crap.

• @NewUser297399 Especially when Dier & Delph can fill in at the back if required.

• Underwhelmed.

• how Eric Dier has made the cut is beyond me surely harry winks at club level and national all day?

• Southgate out!

• @GreenY think Winks might be carrying an injury.

• @Andy-M said in England Squad - 13/03/2019:

That midfield makes me want to puke, seriously what a joke, James Ward Prowse and Maddison should be b4 half of that crap.

Bit of an over-reaction bud. They should be in the squad for the same reason I mentioned earlier with AWB, but I can't see either of Maddison or JWP getting much game time.

Dele Alli has Maddison's spot sewn-up, and you can pretty much guarantee Southgate will go with a front 3 of Kane, Sterling and Rashford/Sancho.

That means the two sitters behind Alli will be 2 from Henderson, Dier, Loftus-Cheek or Rice. (assuming he went 4-3-3) (my choice would be Hendo and Rice)

• come on guys... you're starting to sound like twitter trolls and facebook moaners... each one of you have mentioned only one or two changes at the most... can't always get it perfect to please everybody but I would suggest if your only change is for wanting Danny Rose out and Wan Bissaka in or for JWP or Maddison in at the sacrifice of a defender then it seems Southgate isn't doing a bad job by getting at least 22 or 23 of those players right???

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the squad.. yes there's always arguments for one or another but on the whole it's not bad... as one of you says yes it's underwhelming but we are England, we are where we are and we've got a couple of important qualifiers to win starting next Friday.. This isn't a friendly match scenario and despite you all saying "yeah we'll win anyway" England have to play their most experienced sides in both internationals to ensure we come away with maximum points.

So shut up, put your grumbles about squad selection to one side and get behind the team because THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!

• The games are not friendlies so we want a well drilled unit not blooding players, the squad is very good.

• Dier, Henderson, Cheek, Delph, Barkley... oh pls......

Anyway let's remember that 2 to 4 of these will possibly get injured and have to drop out, so still big chance for the players we were hoping for.

• Whoa there @dannypea - seeing as though you've picked up on my suggestions I would like it known I was not moaning at all. I actually like the squad and think Southgate is doing a grand job with his mixture of youth and experience.

I was just suggesting alternatives, as per @NewUser297399's call for JWP or Maddison to be included - aside from my Danny Rose comment of course.

If my message came across as Trolley that is 100% not how I intended it.

If you want my real complaint about this current England team it's that imho our weak point is actually in goal - and I don't see how Southgate can do much about that.

• @Andy-M said in England Squad - 13/03/2019:

That midfield makes me want to puke, seriously what a joke, James Ward Prowse and Maddison should be b4 half of that crap.

Has the Sweden team been announced?

• @Young-Olly actually yeah I think you right ...still id just leave dier out :) :)

anyway lets get behind the lions and southgate :)

• @Ellisandro said in England Squad - 13/03/2019:

@Andy-M said in England Squad - 13/03/2019:

Has the Sweden team been announced?

Why are you asking a Mancunian about the swedish team ???

• @Andy-M Oh, i thought you were a Swede who supported Utd, not a Manc relocated to Sweden. That explains EVERYTHING!

• @Ellisandro said in England Squad - 13/03/2019:

@Andy-M Oh, i thought you were a Swede who supported Utd, not a Manc relocated to Sweden. That explains EVERYTHING!

C'mon mate, Swedes don't communicate with other people, thought everyone knew that 🤣🤣
    It's funny because when i meet Swedes that are really open they often say they're not typical Swedes 😉

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.