Redddd, the colour of angry men...Seasonal ups n downs?

• My port has had a rough 2 weeks. Not the first time I've seen lots of red. But this is the most. Lots of red compared to usual. 38/89 players are down in the red mist and lots in the green aren't up by 2% to cover commish.

Just interested to hear from the more experienced players, is this a seasonal occurrence? Does the season itself have a trend? Perhaps I've been buying in a high time- Values higher in group stages of champs league etc? Less games now to play?

I am not worried, just interested.I still see solid potential in about 50 of my players, a bit of a gamble but based on something (potential transfers/out of form) for about 30 of them and I accept 9 bad mistakes that I'm just too stubborn to instant sell.

Fully intend on riding it out. But handy to know if there is a general season pattern that I can blame this on instead of me ;)

• @Westy we are currently approaching a critical point in the life of FI. When they announce the new dividend table they have the opportunity to tweak things and one group of players will lose out.

increase IPD - cheap strikers will rise and defenders fall
    increase PB - cheap goalscorers fall and PB players rise
    etc
    etc

no one knows what will happen so a lot of traders will have potentially massive cash balances ready to reinvest when we know what the future of FI will look like.

I have 10% of my portfolio aside as cash ready to react on monday and I know for a fact im not alone. Monday will see a lot of money invested back into the platform seeing some huge rises

• @Wilba Thanks. I've been prepared to do the same, but then perhaps fallen into a topping up trap seeing some of my main PB earners drop significantly. I know a few more that are doing the same- waiting with cash to spend- so if you also know some, that is probably it.

But also- you saying that normally this wouldn't happen? It doesn't have a trend of this sort of tail off around March when clubs are out of europe etc?

• @Westy I have no idea what the next few months will look like but if I was to guess PB players will tail off towards the end of the season as people move money into transfer targets. I think Ill go the other way and move money into PB players as they drop and start planning for next season knowing they will shoot up when the football starts again.

Every time FI make an announcement theres a lot of speculation and anything can happen so its worth having a few quid set aside incase you want to jump on anything. That said, doing nothing isnt the wrong thing to do either.. all personal preference

• @Wilba said in Redddd, the colour of angry men...Seasonal ups n downs?:

@Westy I have no idea what the next few months will look like but if I was to guess PB players will tail off towards the end of the season as people move money into transfer targets. I think Ill go the other way and move money into PB players as they drop and start planning for next season knowing they will shoot up when the football starts again.

Every time FI make an announcement theres a lot of speculation and anything can happen so its worth having a few quid set aside incase you want to jump on anything. That said, doing nothing isnt the wrong thing to do either.. all personal preference

I'm in "do nothing" camp, personally. I've got my portfolio, I'm happy with their 3yr prospects and I'm currently down a little from last month but it's unlikely to continue that way.

The three or four players I constantly buy/sell over a 30-day period to keep the interest going (and try and farm some IPDs) is working well. And some have risen to the point where they are now part of my long-term portfolio. So I've not traded much at all over the past month. It's hard but probs the right thing to do in these uncertain times

• @Westy ups and downs are normal in any market. Be worried when it only goes up- that is bubble material. Everyone taking a bit of a dip at the moment. The dip in October/November was far worse- index dropping 250 points a day. Then it exploded back into life. So just ride the waves.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.