End of the Sancho saga?

• Hey Guys

News today that the BD sporting director has said that Sancho is not for sale....is that the final word? Will this effect Sancho's price in the next couple of months?

Will he be good enough to get PB /MB returns on a regular basis in the future??

Let's hear you views

Cheers

AndyP

• @AndyP32 then a club offers £100m and he is sold.

Really doesn't matter what clubs say these days. It's all just a smoke screen to deflect attention. Or possibly create more interest to drive up the price.

Like I said about David Brooks last week, doesn't matter what a club says or if they sign a new contract etc etc, if a player wants to go and the offer comes in that is too good to refuse, the player will go.

• Its on a much lesser scale but Grealish signed a new contract this season but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be transfer speculation as @stevo alluded to above with David Brooks

• @Advinculas-Index plus you have to factor in the influence of the agents. No matter how much a player says they love a club or whatever, once the agent starts whispering in the players ear that they can earn 5x their current salary plus signing on fees, plus better sponsorship deals etc it's easy to see why the players end up moving.

Loyalty is dead in football.

• @Stevo

To be honest i would be surprised if he does move this summer but for me, the most likely club he would move to in the next 18 months (imo) would be Man Utd.

I think Man United are likely to be one of the biggest movers in the summer transfer window with a lot of focus on improving their right hand side someone to replace Ashley Cole (Dalot?) and a right winger.

if that was to happen his price would reach unprecedented levels.

• I really dont see him moving this summer hes got a good thing going at Dortmund. Plus he left city because he wanted regular game time even knocking back real madrid in the process so i think given the choice of more money or game time hes likely to opt for first team football. Man utd would have to free up a lot of space to offer him first team without upsetting current members of the squad

• @Stevo said in End of the Sancho saga?:

@Advinculas-Index plus you have to factor in the influence of the agents. No matter how much a player says they love a club or whatever, once the agent starts whispering in the players ear that they can earn 5x their current salary plus signing on fees, plus better sponsorship deals etc it's easy to see why the players end up moving.

Loyalty is dead in football.

To be honest, I always find this the most ridiculous argument in football ever. I know it is a common one trotted out, but it simply doesn't make sense.

Football is a job, the same as I and presumably most people on here have jobs.

Now I love my job, I am a teacher in a school that I am passionate about, I love my colleagues, and the kids are amazing. I can't imagine ever wanting to leave,.

But if another school up the road pops up and offers me 5x my wages plus joining fee etc, you can bet your life I am leaving my job. I would say nearly everyone on here and in most walks of life would be exactly the same.

• @MrWh1te but even at his young age he has already knocked back the big money for the guaranteed first team football

• @MrWh1te i agree with what youre sayin though as id be the same as you but we’re not earning tens of thousands of £££ per week like so many footballers are so some of them can decide to put the football before the money in their pursuit of fame

• @Advinculas-Index I was guna say actually, for what it's worth I don't believe he will move his summer simply cos Dortmund are a class team and could quite possibly win the league eith potential to even win the champions league in my eyes despite what happened against spurs this season.

I agree he may want to stay for first team football this year but hes only ever one big injury away from the dream being all over. Hes young so hed probably recover but I think you may only ever get the big opportunities once or twice in a lifetime.

• It’s hardly a hands off, more like if the price is right.

0_1552499331822_338935E1-DF3E-4BFF-B856-3BB93136B8B8.jpeg

• @Black-wolf said in End of the Sancho saga?:

@MrWh1te i agree with what youre sayin though as id be the same as you but we’re not earning tens of thousands of £££ per week like so many footballers are so some of them can decide to put the football before the money in their pursuit of fame

It is all relative. Lots give lots away. They pay insane amounts of tax, I believe around 47% goes on tax.
    Then they have a nice house (why not, they earned it), which then comes with bigger costs.
    I am not saying they are poor, far from it, but it still has to be a big factor in their decisions.

• Zorch is just protecting the clubs interests.
    Actually met him at the airport as I was coming back from a Dortmund game and the team were flying out to a domestic away game (on their own BVB black and yellow plane). Nice guy who took time to chat.

anyway....if the fee is right Sancho will leave. Sadly Dortmund have always been a selling club. Despite Huge home gates their wages etc are blown out of the water by Bayern and the English clubs.

• If we had a pound for the amount of times a club has said a player wasn’t for sale, then a whopping wod of cash was slapped on the table and they sold- we’d all be millionaires rodders.
    It’s a cock tease to say they are not sale to drive the price up. Bayern are saying “you can’t have this” whilst fluttering their eye lids and lifting their skirts. 👄🍌
    Either way there will plenty of MB this summer as Utd come sniffing.

• A huge factor in a footballers decision making is the fact that an average top team 1st choice player doesn't normally have more than 10-12 years, a 5 year contract could quiet easily be half of their career at top level.

• A lot of it hinges on Man Utd's next permanent manager. With Poch, he'd bring him in well.

I don't see Sancho moving til next summer. However, the quote put up by @Tom77 is almost the equivalent of a 7 year old saying "you'll never offer that much, I dare you.. I double dare you!!"

• @Lukeroro said in End of the Sancho saga?:

A lot of it hinges on Man Utd's next permanent manager. With Poch, he'd bring him in well.

I don't see Sancho moving til next summer. However, the quote put up by @Tom77 is almost the equivalent of a 7 year old saying "you'll never offer that much, I dare you.. I double dare you!!"

The thing is even if sancho stays this summer, the speculation will start for the next year anyway, any big big transfer always happens like that, imagine the buzz when ronaldo left united, the transfer spec would have been 2 years worth.

• @Lukeroro Is Manchester United's next permanent manager even a discussion??

• @Andy-M do you know something I don't?

• @Tom77 said in End of the Sancho saga?:

@Lukeroro said in End of the Sancho saga?:

A lot of it hinges on Man Utd's next permanent manager. With Poch, he'd bring him in well.

The thing is even if sancho stays this summer, the speculation will start for the next year anyway, any big big transfer always happens like that, imagine the buzz when ronaldo left united, the transfer spec would have been 2 years worth.

Yeah, very true.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.