Time to sell the King??

• I know Pogba is the King of the index for a reason, great dividend returns, I bought him before the season @750 & have had 362 in divis (vast bulk in MB) so far & he's now £22 so a fantastic investment no doubt. I had a successful cheeky trade in/out when Mourinho got sacked but now I feel is the time to cash out, might sound crazy but this is why;

Taking a handsome profit, at this level I see little further upside (despite a SS coming), if MB gets opened up it will make winning harder, although he will undoubtedly say & do stupid things & continue to win MB off the back of it he no longer has the friction of Mourinho & his transfer speculation has largely disappeared as a result. OGS will likely calm & smooth over any potential disruption so less MB chance & I don't really rate his PB potential. OK if they go deep in the CL or he scores the winner in the final PB/MB will be certain but that is largely factored in at the current price level. Finally the money may well be invested better elsewhere but if I'm proved wrong I can buy back in pre season & I doubt I'd have to pay more than £24 equivalent so selling looks the best option given the risk/return balance.

Please feel free to point out why I'm making a big mistake.

• Your cash, your decision. 👍

I thought this thread was about Ledley....

• Pogba is not the King though, maybe since you started.

Messi
    Ronaldo
    Neymar
    Salah
    And possibly Kane and Hazard

Have done way better than Pogba, he only really started doing well when the Mourinho saga started and he then picked up some form.

But there is no right or wrong answer as it's up to you, just be happy with your decision.

I sold the majority of my Pogba shares as he was over double what I played for him and used the money to buy players who have more chance to grow or win PB, so I'm happy regardless of what he does as I've made profit from him and making profit from his profit.

• Perhaps I'm confused but I don't see how opening up MB will impact any of the likes of Pogba, Neymar etc. I mean, it's open to 200 players currently and it's still always the usual 6-12 suspects who win MB out of that pool. Open it up to 100,000 players and it will still be Pogba and Neymar etc who will consistently win MB because THEY ARE THE BIG NAMES PEOPLE WANT TO READ ABOUT.
    I don't think you can have a contingency plan for if MB becomes a daily top 3 payout, unless it's "load up on the big boys". Because inevitably it will be your Pogba's and Neymars taking two of those places regularly with the third being an absolute randomer! More chance of predicting the lottery.

That's my twopenniesworth 😎

• Agree with the scouse scally - opening up MB and either increasing the payout for it, or playing to 3 places every day can only benefit the guys like Pogba and Neymar. They are consistenly in the press... so that day where VVD is most talked about for one good game and steals MB ...that's ok Pogba, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo .. they come 2nd and 3rd. Aubameyang puts on a silly mask, Grealish gets punched?! That's ok .. the big boys will come 2nd, 3rd.

At the moment there is a lot of scope for one crazy incident or one transfer rumour to dominate news for a week and steal all the MB. If they pay 3 places a day it makes it more valuable to have the consistent MB players.

• @Vespasian32 Auba on most back pages today...hardly or no MB points? Thought it'd be a given. I don't hold, but thought about buying last night.

• @NewUser159387 i sold mine basically because id made a great profit like yourself but felt that most his stories he was getting recenctly were the media dragging up his spat with mourinho still. I lnow he will still win media from time to time and maybe a few pb but i dont think hes the goldmine he was before his fall out with mourinho. I might of made the wrong choice but felt others were less risky of a drop in price

• @Westy said in Time to sell the King??:

@Vespasian32 Auba on most back pages today...hardly or no MB points? Thought it'd be a given. I don't hold, but thought about buying last night.

It has to be the players FULL NAME in the headline to qualify. Aubameyang tends to suffice, it's a long name, whereas PAUL Pogba has a certain ring to it. It's all about language. That's the messed up thing about MB which we can use to our advantage

• @Black-wolf said in Time to sell the King??:

i sold mine basically because id made a great profit like yourself but felt that most his stories he was getting recenctly were the media dragging up his spat with mourinho still. I lnow he will still win media from time to time and maybe a few pb but i dont think hes the goldmine he was before his fall out with mourinho. I might of made the wrong choice but felt others were less risky of a drop in price

That's my thinking; don't get me wrong he will clearly win lots (which is why he trades at £22) & possibly more if 3 chances a day but relatively less stories with OGS in charge rather than Mourinho.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah said in Time to sell the King??:

Pogba is not the King though, maybe since you started.

King is defined as "most expensive player" on the index in my book but I agree highest divi winner could also qualify. & I'm happy to sell but just interested in other ppl strategies too.

• Personally I sold last week and put it into 80% Harry Kane and 20%other transfer speculations.

We saw in January how Pogba didnt win any MB despite 3 places. Transfer speculations will rule the roost for the top 3.

Harry Kane has nations league and Im sure some speculation of a transfer is on the cards - lots of room for capital growth leading up to euro 2020 so for me seems more value than poggers.

You never know though Pog may get himself in some saga over the summer!

• I sold my pogbas last week and reinvested in a few players. I think he has now reached his highest price, good time before SS to cash out 👍💷

• Potentially wrong time to sell him with that Champions League draw.

Utd Vs Barcelona is the biggest media frenzy match of the competition. It's going to dominate the MB.

• @Ericali

5p potential win against risk of going out - are you serious???

• @NewUser159387 said in Time to sell the King??:

@Ericali

5p potential win against risk of going out - are you serious???

He is guaranteed to be near the top of the media table for the 2 weeks around the fixtures - multiple MB wins will lead to decent capital appreciation too.

I do not hold and don't plan to but there is plenty more than 5p to gain.

• @NewUser159387 he has the same potential risk of going through & increasing it could be argued. 🙄

It won't just be 1 day of media either....

And could also be under a increased dividends restructure.

• One think people fail to mention is that the potential reduction in MB for Poggers since OGS has taken over is offset by his increased PB potential.

• If any time with him dropping over 20p I would say its top up time. Big draw for United in CL, Barca game tie of the round and imagine the MB if they win and play Liverpool in semi? As has been said, cant see how opening up MB to the rest will impact the top players at all, if anything it will add to their winnings. That goes for Pog, Neymar, Hazard, Salah etc

• @NewUser159387 when i sold up i split it all between neymar messi ronaldo kane salah VVD and sterling. If the payout three places i feel these players are likely to feature and although i have smaller holds in these players im hoping I’ll benefit from more frequent wins