Virgil van Dijk

• As a relatively new user I’m trying to diversify my portfolio ahead of the split and an area I’m lacking in is defenders. I would appreciate people’s thoughts on Virgil van Dijk? Have I missed the boat with him or at £5.21 is he still a worthwhile acquisition?

• I invested in 80 futures in him @ 4.70 a few months ago, won some dividends but price stayed pretty static. Price only took a big jump after goal & PB win during the week. View him as definitely long term as must be future Liverpool Captain, one of 2 players who can win POTY and also has the League of Nations Semi in the summer. Also if he keeps playing like he does must be transfer news with Real & Barca sniffing around. However as a defender how high can his price realistically go? That's the question you need to ask yourself?

• I bought him early in the pre season & topped up since for average price @250 but have had 61p in divis so far, both PB & MB. He still looks a good hold for a diversified portfolio & with L'pool likely to go deep into both CL & EPL title race IMO then more dividends look certain.

PB - scores the odd goal which is gold dust in FI terms & possibly best defender in Europe/world in a winning team means MB potential. Only other nailed on divi winning defenders are Kimmich which I've recently bought & Ramos (who I refuse to hold).

• I think he's still got more price rises in him, and is great for dividends. Definitely buy before the SS.

• I see plenty of growth potential ahead - if you look at Kimmich who has been as high as £8.50 before.

I know Kimmich has an insane PB winning track record VVD's isn't too shabby and more than makes up with it in MB.

Potential POTY, League of Nations, 'best CB in the world' debate, premier league run in, champions league knockout stages and possibly some transfer buzz (especially if Liverpool fail to win any silverwear) - All offer huge upcoming MB prospects.

• I joined FI about 3 weeks ago and Van Dijk was around £4.20? I wish I'd snapped him up then. I bought a few of him at £5 but I'm hoping he still grows.

• @SamVee just jumped 8p in a couple of seconds

• @John-D ..Champions League draw affected that

• Kimmch is still holding around 7. VVd catching up on PB so could both head around £6

• @Stewarty
    I feel he's closing in on Kimmich in terms of PB, and if you add Potential MB when Real/Barca coming sniffing around and POTY awards he could well and truly be a better defensive acquisition than Kimmich who's a lot more expensive