China

• Who are the 5 big players you could see cashing out the career for a stint in China? 🤔

Traditionally, a lot of Brazilians & South Americans have headed over there - probably due to their poor upbringing & being awestruck by the money on offer.

Here goes:-

1. Alexis Sanchez
    2. Gareth Bale
    3. Ronaldo
    4. Ozil
    5. Willian

That's my list 👌 obviously, not all will end up over there but due to the high wages some on that list command, realistically, where else could they go?

• Just come to me...

Marko Arnoutovic - think that's a done deal in the summer

• No superstar is going there so I dont think any of the above list would go, they are to good.

• Hmmm wouldn't shock me if Sanchez eventually went there, simialir to Willian and Arnautovic is a defo. Ronaldo I can't see it he's always expressed a wish to finish it in Portugal and yet the tail end hes gone to Juve, I say two more years there then sporting depending on how he's doing but he works so hard I can't see him wasting that in China personally. Again Bale id probably say no he still has years left and don't think he'd move to China for the money. Wouldn't shock me if say Hernandez went there or a couple or the older strikers in the PL if they are nearing the end of their careers.

• @Shippers and no chance of Ronaldo going to USA!!

• @Ericali out of these i only hold ronaldo who im not worried about and bale who i only just invested in. These two are my riskiest holds i feel as ronaldo has that court case hanging over his head although i think that will get swept under the rug. As for bale my only concern was china but i doubt it will happen

• @Black-wolf said in China:

@Ericali out of these i only hold ronaldo who im not worried about and bale who i only just invested in. These two are my riskiest holds i feel as ronaldo has that court case hanging over his head although i think that will get swept under the rug. As for bale my only concern was china but i doubt it will happen

Bale has 3 young kids there is no way he goes to China!

• @Tom77 pretty sure the one child policy is over now.

• @Tom77 good stuff

• @Ericali Sanchez, Ozil and Willian to China yes.

Bale and Ronaldo to USA (assuming as @Shippers said he doesn't go back to Sporting Lisbon to finish his career)

Others to China, I'd say David Luiz and Pedro.

My other picks for players moving to USA would be Sergio Ramos, David Silva, Joe Hart and I'll be amazed if Paul Pogba doesn't finish his career with a season or two at LA Galaxy.

• Benteke & Bolassie

• @LukeMalla I could also see Ronaldo in the USA, but it's been done before by Pele in the 70s and more recently re-launched by brand Beckham.

Ronaldo has an ego - if he could be the first superstar to kick-start the Chinese football revolution he could be seen as the lynchpin or pioneer that put their Football on the map.

• @Ericali said in China:

@LukeMalla I could also see Ronaldo in the USA, but it's been done before by Pele in the 70s and more recently re-launched by brand Beckham.

Ronaldo has an ego - if he could be the first superstar to kick-start the Chinese football revolution he could be seen as the lynchpin or pioneer that put their Football on the map.

Ronaldo will want every last champions league goal he can get, he could be playing until he is 40 if he stays fit at a champions league club.

• @Dan-w didn't really take that into consideration, a fair point and not to be ruled out but he does seem to want to always challenge himself. Some will say the Italian league isn't exactly challenging but it's alot better than it used to be and Tuesday shows you the desire he still has. He's also banged what 20 something goals, something tells me he will want to break some kind of record(s)

• @Tom77 if he's playing to he is 40, he won't be half the player he is now, that's for sure.

• Theo Walcott

• @Westy not a bad one 👌

Diego Costa?

• @Ericali said in China:

@Tom77 if he's playing to he is 40, he won't be half the player he is now, that's for sure.

For sure, his ego will want an all time champions league goals record or something, he will just become a goal hanging CF who just holds the ball up well and gets the odd goal from a corner! Dare I say like a Fellaini

• @Tom77 first time I've heard Ronaldo compared to Fellaini 🤣 but I get what you mean - less mobile up top. 👍

• Ozil looks the obvious one ... shame really as he is a sneaky media buzz magnet so would like to buy but too risky. Sanshez has all the signs of a China bound player as well - motivated by money and on his way down as a player.