Tips for a new starter

• Hi all,

I’ve just created an account and I’m only going to deposit £10 to test the waters to see if I like it.

Has anyone got any advice in layman’s terms on how to create a decent small portfolio for that amount? (i.e.: do’s and do nots).

Also, any tips on players would be great.

Cheers,

Chris

• @NewUser312272

Whatever the amount, 'do' be patient! Don't buy a player, see him dip slightly and then sell in a panic!

For that amount, I'd be looking at a few futures in one player who I fancy could have a good couple of games in the near future...

• I started with £10 three months ago and still here. I’d read what you can on the forum look at index gain and footy index scout for information. For your initial £10 there are plenty of bargains on the index just do some homework... happy trading!

• @NewUser312272 personally reckon need £50 to start otherwise any player won't be worth the punt...it's mostly about who is good on F Index...which inevitably means their between 2-£5 upwards... most players below that will probably be constantly in RED...if ya can only do £10 then 2x say £4

• @Friedeggs said in Tips for a new starter:

@NewUser312272 personally reckon need £50 to start otherwise any player won't be worth the punt...it's mostly about who is good on F Index...which inevitably means their between 2-£5 upwards... most players below that will probably be constantly in RED...if ya can only do £10 then 2x say £4

Can't agree. I've had plenty of profitable players priced under £2. Currently my worst performing players are mid and high priced ones.

Obviously most cheap players are cheap for good reason but there is still hidden talent to be found. That won't be the case forever.

Remember that a £1 player rising 25p is the same as a £10 player rising £2.50.

I honestly don't think everyone gets that. Otherwise you wouldn't get threads like those asking who will rise £1-£2.

• I’ve currently hold 2 players that were bought for under a £1 and both are in the green. If you do a bit of research you’ll find that hidden gem.

• @Allams-Out Yes mate they are there , I have some ,but me personally bought a load of s**te when I first joined with £100 start....firstly needs to stay clear of page 1 ,secondly I think it takes couple of months to grasp the 'concept' of platform
    If yesterday he were to buy 1x VV Dijk etc he would be in profit now
    & finally he asked for few names , you seem do well in this category ,so could ya give him a few ❓
    Hope SS works out for you anyway 👍

• Avoid the 'Risers' chart like the plague.

• @Friedeggs I think there's shite at all price ranges. I just try to look for value no matter the price.

It's about doing the research. Players in non PB leagues with links to a PB league.

Players at poor teams with solid PB scores but not getting the wins. Look over their stats. Could a move to a good team boost those scores enough to be a contender.

Sometimes you stumble upon a name when researching someone else.

I can pump some players I currently hold that I've done well on and I think still have room for growth.

Ismael Bennacer at Empoli. Costs £1.31. He's their main man in terms of position and passing numbers. So gets solid PB scores. Links to Napoli and the Empoli president says he's pretty certain to be moving in the summer. What I don't know is if those solid scores will convert to winning ones at a better team.

Edwin Alvarez. Available at 62p. Young Mexican, looks certain to move to Europe. Ajax the big link currently as a possible replacement for De Ligt. Look at the prices of the current crop of young Ajax players as a best case scenario for his price ceiling.

Amadou Haidara. Cost £2.02. He could be a bit special.

Nico Elvedi. He just looked under priced based on his PB scores and links to some big clubs. He's had a recent rise after winning PB but £1.90 still looks a fair price.

They're all players I bought for different reasons.

• I think what you'll soon realise with £10, is that it becomes a lot of work for no gain.

Even if you gain 50% in a month (which is in no way to be expected), you'd only be £5 better off.

• Thanks for all of your advice guys. A lot of good input to go on, and I appreciate everyone’s individual comments a lot.

I’m thinking about depositing £50 and I’ve got a particular investment strategy in mind, but I have one more question:

Do you think I should hold off buying my first Futures until the Share Split kicks in? If so, why?

• @Friedeggs said in Tips for a new starter:

@NewUser312272 personally reckon need £50 to start otherwise any player won't be worth the punt...it's mostly about who is good on F Index...which inevitably means their between 2-£5 upwards... most players below that will probably be constantly in RED...if ya can only do £10 then 2x say £4

At the end of the day if you’re not feeling it after a month, the chances are you wouldn’t lose very much... if any, IF you decide it’s not for you and want to cash out!