Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions

• @Jad1982 I would like this to happen, but very unlikely I think. Besides, adding a couple of hundred/ thousand more players would make winning PB very difficult to predict.

• But what a boost it would give those divisions players on the index but I agree I doubt that coming today.

• Adding new leagues may encourage some new deposits but we would also see huge drops in our existing portfolios as users move money across to the new leagues.

Not a great idea for me.

• Sold some shares so I have maneuverability later... but tbh, I don't have any players in mind. i.e. if there is a PB rise of 20% - I don't have a plan how to react.. same with MB increase or MB open up...

I'm more inclined to forget about the announcement and think about who is going to mop up all the upcoming treble MB days... I'm thinking Messi, Ronaldo for a day or two - but once the focus is on international week... Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling?

Do other people have a set plan of action for the variable outcomes of todays statement?

• So what about opening up MB to foreign media as there's usually some scandal in France and italy we hardly hear about because they don't play for psg juve or the milans

• @Vespasian32 said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

Sold some shares so I have maneuverability later... but tbh, I don't have any players in mind. i.e. if there is a PB rise of 20% - I don't have a plan how to react.. same with MB increase or MB open up...

I'm more inclined to forget about the announcement and think about who is going to mop up all the upcoming treble MB days... I'm thinking Messi, Ronaldo for a day or two - but once the focus is on international week... Kane, Rashford, Sancho, Sterling?

Do other people have a set plan of action for the variable outcomes of todays statement?

I'm exactly the same - I always plan to have a diverse portfolio so shouldn't need to react. I am tempted to deposit a few hundred just in case there are any trains I want to jump on but I usually wait for the dust to settle. Most of the non-top 200 high MB scorers have already been pumped and I can't see any other major changes other than dividend increases.

I was holding back some money for the announcement but ended up getting impatient and pumping it into Salah, Goretzka & Dembele while they are all low.

• I really don't see anything major happening in the announcement.

They will tell us what the share split factor is and also how dividends will be factored. As in will they go to decimal places or whole numbers. As well as explaining if odd number prices are rounded up or down.

Other than that could tell us that they are opening MB to all. Can't see any other changes than that.

• Second that. Think it will be pretty mundane stuff. Four way split. Divs rounded up to nearest penny. Would love to see treble Media on normal days. Amount of times I’m staring at the screen 11.59pm because my boy is in second place and needs just one more article....

• Not saying that selling off shares is the wrong move, but in my opinion it's more taking a step backwards rather than getting a head start, almost all of the movement has already happened with what people are expecting, obviously the market should still be flashing like disco lights, but let's say there is a slight increase in the dividends, so who will people jump on ? Messi? Neymar? Take Messi for an example, already up Β£1.08 in last 24 hours, that's a big opportunity miss imo, of course there's an exception that he scored a hat trick last night, but I'm sure that price rise was not to win 6p in dividends, plus the fact it's carried on rising all day, even if they open Media to whole market that boat already set of sailing a week or so ago, plus it's going to be fastest fingers wins tonight if there is something worth chasing, I'd say if you kinda know what u want then take the chance now, the changes will not be very big anyway.

Good luck fellow traders πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

• @Vespasian32 Agree, but my only concern is if FI take a similar approach to the G&A announcenent where new shares appear to become valuable than existing. I wonder if G&A/ IPD will be where the big increase is (keeping payouts the same as present) and this could mean a rush to sell, and then buy creating carnage.

• With us approaching the end of the season ive decided to make my portfolio more media heavy. Finally opted to jump on nearly all the big mb stars and decided to see pb as a bonus to that so im really hoping media is opened up either to the whole market or at least increased to the top 400.

• @Metropolis if IPD is increased... I still don't really know how id react... especially as its 2 weeks of internationals so you lose half the time allowed on IPD gains. Suppose its just a race for Cap Ap on cheap goalies and strikers.

• @Vespasian32
    Had saved 1k to see what happens but just got in early enough for the jump in VVD and sterling so had to put another 1k in for tonight it’s like my old gambling days all over againπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Metropolis Sorry I started a thread as well. I'll delete mine just got back from the barbers and havn't read the forum for a few hours.

• Does anyone think BOTS will have an impact on prices once the market re-opens at 7.30?

• With there only being a 30 minute suspension I believe the share split is going to be very straightforward with little in the way of surprises.

I think there will just be the division of shares to confirm (my guess is by 4)
    New PB dividend amounts which will be in most cases divided by 4 but with maybe round ups to whole or half pence.
    New MB opened up to more or all players with rounded up dividends.

Anything more than this would require more than 30 minutes to digest!

• @Fletch said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

With there only being a 30 minute suspension I believe the share split is going to be very straightforward with little in the way of surprises.

I think there will just be the division of shares to confirm (my guess is by 4)
    New PB dividend amounts which will be in most cases divided by 4 but with maybe round ups to whole or half pence.
    New MB opened up to more or all players with rounded up dividends.

Anything more than this would require more than 30 minutes to digest!

Today is not the technical split, it is just the announcement of how it will happen. I think they just put in half an hour to give everyone a chance to get the news and start trading at the same time.

Next week it could well be a 10hr suspension again, given how many bugs still seem to be around.

I'm definitely screenshotting my portfolio on the 25th.

• @kristiang85 screenshots all around if people have any sense πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

• @kristiang85

Any major/mass trading will take place tonight as soon as the market re opens so would suggest it is tonight you want your screenshot - by the time we get to the 25th all trading will be done and dusted.

• @Fletch said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

@kristiang85

Any major/mass trading will take place tonight as soon as the market re opens so would suggest it is tonight you want your screenshot - by the time we get to the 25th all trading will be done and dusted.

Sorry I thought you were talking about the technical side.

I have no worries tonight will be without hitch, it will just be busy. I am not intending to do much trading, I'm just going to watch and hope my chosen portfolio for the event fares well.

But when they shut it down to do the technical re-working next week to physically do the split, that's when I'll be a little anxious, given the glitches since last week.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.