Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions

• Second that. Think it will be pretty mundane stuff. Four way split. Divs rounded up to nearest penny. Would love to see treble Media on normal days. Amount of times I’m staring at the screen 11.59pm because my boy is in second place and needs just one more article....

• Not saying that selling off shares is the wrong move, but in my opinion it's more taking a step backwards rather than getting a head start, almost all of the movement has already happened with what people are expecting, obviously the market should still be flashing like disco lights, but let's say there is a slight increase in the dividends, so who will people jump on ? Messi? Neymar? Take Messi for an example, already up Β£1.08 in last 24 hours, that's a big opportunity miss imo, of course there's an exception that he scored a hat trick last night, but I'm sure that price rise was not to win 6p in dividends, plus the fact it's carried on rising all day, even if they open Media to whole market that boat already set of sailing a week or so ago, plus it's going to be fastest fingers wins tonight if there is something worth chasing, I'd say if you kinda know what u want then take the chance now, the changes will not be very big anyway.

Good luck fellow traders πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

• @Vespasian32 Agree, but my only concern is if FI take a similar approach to the G&A announcenent where new shares appear to become valuable than existing. I wonder if G&A/ IPD will be where the big increase is (keeping payouts the same as present) and this could mean a rush to sell, and then buy creating carnage.

• With us approaching the end of the season ive decided to make my portfolio more media heavy. Finally opted to jump on nearly all the big mb stars and decided to see pb as a bonus to that so im really hoping media is opened up either to the whole market or at least increased to the top 400.

• @Metropolis if IPD is increased... I still don't really know how id react... especially as its 2 weeks of internationals so you lose half the time allowed on IPD gains. Suppose its just a race for Cap Ap on cheap goalies and strikers.

• @Vespasian32
    Had saved 1k to see what happens but just got in early enough for the jump in VVD and sterling so had to put another 1k in for tonight it’s like my old gambling days all over againπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Metropolis Sorry I started a thread as well. I'll delete mine just got back from the barbers and havn't read the forum for a few hours.

• Does anyone think BOTS will have an impact on prices once the market re-opens at 7.30?

• With there only being a 30 minute suspension I believe the share split is going to be very straightforward with little in the way of surprises.

I think there will just be the division of shares to confirm (my guess is by 4)
    New PB dividend amounts which will be in most cases divided by 4 but with maybe round ups to whole or half pence.
    New MB opened up to more or all players with rounded up dividends.

Anything more than this would require more than 30 minutes to digest!

• @Fletch said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

With there only being a 30 minute suspension I believe the share split is going to be very straightforward with little in the way of surprises.

I think there will just be the division of shares to confirm (my guess is by 4)
    New PB dividend amounts which will be in most cases divided by 4 but with maybe round ups to whole or half pence.
    New MB opened up to more or all players with rounded up dividends.

Anything more than this would require more than 30 minutes to digest!

Today is not the technical split, it is just the announcement of how it will happen. I think they just put in half an hour to give everyone a chance to get the news and start trading at the same time.

Next week it could well be a 10hr suspension again, given how many bugs still seem to be around.

I'm definitely screenshotting my portfolio on the 25th.

• @kristiang85 screenshots all around if people have any sense πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

• @kristiang85

Any major/mass trading will take place tonight as soon as the market re opens so would suggest it is tonight you want your screenshot - by the time we get to the 25th all trading will be done and dusted.

• @Fletch said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

@kristiang85

Any major/mass trading will take place tonight as soon as the market re opens so would suggest it is tonight you want your screenshot - by the time we get to the 25th all trading will be done and dusted.

Sorry I thought you were talking about the technical side.

I have no worries tonight will be without hitch, it will just be busy. I am not intending to do much trading, I'm just going to watch and hope my chosen portfolio for the event fares well.

But when they shut it down to do the technical re-working next week to physically do the split, that's when I'll be a little anxious, given the glitches since last week.

• I have a chunk ready to spend tonight - respect to those who say they will just watch but personally there's no way I can watch the green firework display without getting a piece of the action! That said, I will review the announcement carefully before plunging in.

• @Hotspur what news do you think will come out that will cause greens? Div increases? But id imagine you already have a portfolio based on divs? Goalkeepers benefitting somehow (IPD increase, MB opened up, new PB category?).. they've already rocketed quite a bit.

My fear tonight is a red firework display. Goalies don't get any benefit... crash, bang, wallop (what a video)
    MB opened up but not increased.... Pogba/Neymar.. crash bang wallop (what a video)

• @Vespasian32 said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

@Hotspur what news do you think will come out that will cause greens? Div increases? But id imagine you already have a portfolio based on divs? Goalkeepers benefitting somehow (IPD increase, MB opened up, new PB category?).. they've already rocketed quite a bit.

My fear tonight is a red firework display. Goalies don't get any benefit... crash, bang, wallop (what a video)
    MB opened up but not increased.... Pogba/Neymar.. crash bang wallop (what a video)

I think a lot is being held back, so even if nothing changes people will just invest in the usaul suspects, or it will spread around.

As I said, I'm covering all eventualities with the portfolio I have, so as long as money goes into the Index after tonight, I should go up.

• @Vespasian32 even a slight div increase should be enough to induce fireworks. As for potential sell-offs, my portfolio is set up to cater for different scenarios so hopefully won't get too burnt. I think many people have been saving cash for this and not many will resist spending something even if the announcement is a damp squib.

For what it's worth, my prediction is a 4 way split, slight increase of divs (inc IPDs) and opening up of MB.

• I hope the user activity ticker is fixed during the down period - I love sitting back with some popcorn watching it after big announcements.

• We will see MB opening up, compensated by an MB increase. I'm personally hoping for a 50% increase.

Hopefully, the rumours are true & we get a top 3 everyday - that will be like Xmas! πŸ™

No PB changes this late in the current season. So not expecting any new leagues added or PB increases.... that's a possibility for the start of next season.

They may tell us the Copa's & Nation's League will be PB eligible & obviously tell us the factor of the split (X 3, X 4 or X 5)

That's all folks....

• @Hotspur but that's what I mean.. you already have your port setup - im just interested what kind of news will trigger you to spend the money, that you are holding back, in one particular area?

I had Β£200 … blasted it already today... sold some Suso so now I have just Β£100 to put in later. But as I said further up the thread... genuinely don't know what i'm going to do with it.. regardless of the news. Might be better just spending it on Sterling/Mane/Kane right now... all rising nicely and I cant see any news adversely affecting them

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.