Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions

• @C-Arroyo did you suggest dier may have a goal spurt.....?😂😂 here's for hope!

• @C-Arroyo Pogba has been wearing the crown too long? What have you been smoking!

I've been here since end of November & Pogba wasn't king when I joined - nor is he king now, it's Neymar.

You keep saying dividends used to just be treated as a "bonus" & capital appreciation was worth more - but what do you think was driving that capital appreciation? 🤔

I'll answer for you - the possibility investers believed the said player could win MB & PB in the future.

There is no capital appreciation without the belief it's going somewhere. 😐

• @Dan-w

In his case that would be scoring in consecutive games, which I'm confident would result in a 50% spike and an opportunity to sell at a decent profit.

However I value the player at £3.50.
    Based solely on real world values (which I believe FI lining up with, is healthy and sustainable).

Granted a low scoring DM is never likely to reach his real world value, too much to ask and I concede that.

However I'll not be selling after 2 goals and a 50% spike. I'm simply holding an England squad member in anticipation of Euro 2020 (I will sell beforehand).
    If Rice starts ahead of him in qualifiers then I'm good considering the price difference. I'll continue to hold. If Dier is dropped from the squad I will likely sell. If that is at a loss it won't be a huge loss, the potential pre 2020 gain is higher.

• @Dan-w

It's not like we're talking huge sums in ED's case, he's cheap at 75p a future.

12 months ago he spiked at £1.31 and he's never fallen below 70p.
    He was around 90p going into the last WC.
    I expect England players to do better at the Euro's though, likewise, French, Belgiun, German etc. (less comp from Messi, Neymar and co).
    I wouldn't be at all surprised though if this summer's euro nations squad see larger spikes - speaking individually for those four nations in comparison to other tourneys mentioned.
    I think English, Portugese, Dutch and Swiss players may all see spikes this summer.

In the case of Dier I think £1.50 is feasible and a 100% return in around 3 months. Without a single match being played, let alone a dividend.

• @Dan-w

In this sense....I think Stones, Dier, Sterling, Kane, De Vrij, Promes, Depay, Cancelo, Semedo, B Silva, Guedes, A Silva, Akanji, Elvedi, Xhaka and Zakaria are all good prospects.

I don't envisage myself selling any of these players prior to summer. I am confident that barring injury these players will return a healthy short term ROI.

• All of this negativity and pessimism cleverly masking a pump of Eric Dier? Haha well played @C-Arroyo ;)

• 0_1553024661630_upload-61021f4c-faab-4db6-a40c-ef78635dbdf3

Flatlining.

• @C-Arroyo £1.31 (all time high!!) is closer to 70p than it is £3.50? It's irrelevant what you value him at if nobody else does? He won't ever get PB,not even on a single game day as he hasn't got the ability to make 3 consecutive passes to his team mates without giving the ball away. So therefore for me it's a no brainer to invest elsewhere than this dud. I hope I don't have to eat my words here in 2 months time...🤦🏻‍♂️

• @ScouseSte cleverly was a better player and probably still is....😂

• @Dan-w said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

@ScouseSte cleverly was a better player and probably still is....😂

Haha very good 👍

• ROFL

@ScouseSte said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

All of this negativity and pessimism cleverly masking a pump of Eric Dier? Haha well played @C-Arroyo ;)

Got me !

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.