Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions

• @kristiang85 screenshots all around if people have any sense 👌🏻

• @kristiang85

Any major/mass trading will take place tonight as soon as the market re opens so would suggest it is tonight you want your screenshot - by the time we get to the 25th all trading will be done and dusted.

• @Fletch said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

@kristiang85

Any major/mass trading will take place tonight as soon as the market re opens so would suggest it is tonight you want your screenshot - by the time we get to the 25th all trading will be done and dusted.

Sorry I thought you were talking about the technical side.

I have no worries tonight will be without hitch, it will just be busy. I am not intending to do much trading, I'm just going to watch and hope my chosen portfolio for the event fares well.

But when they shut it down to do the technical re-working next week to physically do the split, that's when I'll be a little anxious, given the glitches since last week.

• I have a chunk ready to spend tonight - respect to those who say they will just watch but personally there's no way I can watch the green firework display without getting a piece of the action! That said, I will review the announcement carefully before plunging in.

• @Hotspur what news do you think will come out that will cause greens? Div increases? But id imagine you already have a portfolio based on divs? Goalkeepers benefitting somehow (IPD increase, MB opened up, new PB category?).. they've already rocketed quite a bit.

My fear tonight is a red firework display. Goalies don't get any benefit... crash, bang, wallop (what a video)
    MB opened up but not increased.... Pogba/Neymar.. crash bang wallop (what a video)

• @Vespasian32 said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

@Hotspur what news do you think will come out that will cause greens? Div increases? But id imagine you already have a portfolio based on divs? Goalkeepers benefitting somehow (IPD increase, MB opened up, new PB category?).. they've already rocketed quite a bit.

My fear tonight is a red firework display. Goalies don't get any benefit... crash, bang, wallop (what a video)
    MB opened up but not increased.... Pogba/Neymar.. crash bang wallop (what a video)

I think a lot is being held back, so even if nothing changes people will just invest in the usaul suspects, or it will spread around.

As I said, I'm covering all eventualities with the portfolio I have, so as long as money goes into the Index after tonight, I should go up.

• @Vespasian32 even a slight div increase should be enough to induce fireworks. As for potential sell-offs, my portfolio is set up to cater for different scenarios so hopefully won't get too burnt. I think many people have been saving cash for this and not many will resist spending something even if the announcement is a damp squib.

For what it's worth, my prediction is a 4 way split, slight increase of divs (inc IPDs) and opening up of MB.

• I hope the user activity ticker is fixed during the down period - I love sitting back with some popcorn watching it after big announcements.

• We will see MB opening up, compensated by an MB increase. I'm personally hoping for a 50% increase.

Hopefully, the rumours are true & we get a top 3 everyday - that will be like Xmas! 🙏

No PB changes this late in the current season. So not expecting any new leagues added or PB increases.... that's a possibility for the start of next season.

They may tell us the Copa's & Nation's League will be PB eligible & obviously tell us the factor of the split (X 3, X 4 or X 5)

That's all folks....

• @Hotspur but that's what I mean.. you already have your port setup - im just interested what kind of news will trigger you to spend the money, that you are holding back, in one particular area?

I had £200 … blasted it already today... sold some Suso so now I have just £100 to put in later. But as I said further up the thread... genuinely don't know what i'm going to do with it.. regardless of the news. Might be better just spending it on Sterling/Mane/Kane right now... all rising nicely and I cant see any news adversely affecting them

• @Vespasian32 it really depends what they do. I've hedged my bets depending what they do but the sum I spend at 7.30 will be geared towards what they announce.
    Examples -

1. If they increase media by a decent proportion then I will spend on a media player.
    2. If there is a big increase in IPDs then I will go for a cheap striker or GK.

• I think the first thing everyone will do is times the new dividends by the amount the shares were split by to work out the percentage inceases. I don't think they will change the payout structure just the amounts. The only possible exception being MB.

• Seems to be a lot of money put in already today, not your usual Monday on fi 😜

• @Chris-J said in Share Split Announcement - Thoughts & Reactions:

I hope the user activity ticker is fixed during the down period - I love sitting back with some popcorn watching it after big announcements.

Not a bad idea!

Can be very risky to get involved with so many spikes.

Don't you kick yourself for not getting in on the rises though?

• @Gregolocky2018
    I've noticed that we haven't had the usual Monday sell off, in fact the index is buzzing. Long may it continue and the SS announcement encourages more investment.

• @Misto yeh spreadsheet ready... just need to enter values in the coloured cells!

0_1552928723246_upload-233ff903-9da5-4bfb-b26c-23cf9c841fe9

• 1 hour 21 minutes til

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

• Probably a stupid question but can you deposit money into your account during the 30 minute trading suspension ??

• @NewUser287844 Yes you can. I got mine in my bank right now just in case we get deposit bonus. I know it's a 0.00001% but still....

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.