Talk sport

• Surely someone from FI should have been on talk sport today,perfect chance to explain the share split,and to promote the platform

• @Andy-C The talksport hosts barely have a basic grasp of the product, let alone the concept of a share split. Think it would just cause confusion myself.

• I listen to Talksport all day in work and FI haven't been on since before Cheltenham to the best of my knowledge. Haven't even heard anywhere near as many plugs about it

• @Stewarty said in Talk sport:

I listen to Talksport all day in work and FI haven't been on since before Cheltenham to the best of my knowledge. Haven't even heard anywhere near as many plugs about it

Yea it's very much petered out over the last few weeks. I think the fact that the presenters don't really "get it" hasn't helped at all.

If it was up to me, the next time Mike is on, I'd tell him to just keep it simple, focus on ONE PLAYER ONLY and use money examples rather than percentages. And use examples in a way that entices people.

Jim White told us this morning that Raheem Sterling has gone up 36p or something. . . What does that mean to the average punter? It sounds pathetic.
    Things like that need to be followed up with. .. "so if you had bought 100 shares in Raheem Sterling last Monday, you have already increased your investment by £36 in just a week!"
    Then Mike should detail the dividend wins ("Sterling was top performing forward on whatever day and earned 8p per share in dividends...so that equates to another £8 added to your balance. He ALSO topped the qualifying media stories, raking in another 5p per share so another £5 paid into your cash balance")

The presenters really responded to examples similar to this earlier in the year and I think their enthusiasm is vital for a positive effect on the listeners

• @ScouseSte said in Talk sport:

@Stewarty said in Talk sport:

I listen to Talksport all day in work and FI haven't been on since before Cheltenham to the best of my knowledge. Haven't even heard anywhere near as many plugs about it

Yea it's very much petered out over the last few weeks. I think the fact that the presenters don't really "get it" hasn't helped at all.

If it was up to me, the next time Mike is on, I'd tell him to just keep it simple, focus on ONE PLAYER ONLY and use money examples rather than percentages. And use examples in a way that entices people.

Jim White told us this morning that Raheem Sterling has gone up 36p or something. . . What does that mean to the average punter? It sounds pathetic.
    Things like that need to be followed up with. .. "so if you had bought 100 shares in Raheem Sterling last Monday, you have already increased your investment by £36 in just a week!"
    Then Mike should detail the dividend wins ("Sterling was top performing forward on whatever day and earned 8p per share in dividends...so that equates to another £8 added to your balance. He ALSO topped the qualifying media stories, raking in another 5p per share so another £5 paid into your cash balance")

The presenters really responded to examples similar to this earlier in the year and I think their enthusiasm is vital for a positive effect on the listeners

Yeah a lot of the time the presenters commenting was cringe worthy. Jim White a few weeks ago kept getting the % mixed up with value and he is probably one of the better ones. It wouldn't appeal much to Joe Public, though saying that I joined after hearing the plugs over a period of time so it does work. Would say FI has toned down the advertising via TalkSport as they probably thought they weren't getting value for money.

• Great segment today, lots of enthusiasm all round. AND the share split was mentioned in relatively understandable language for the pleb on the street 😜

• Nice! We're getting about 350-450 signups a week atm so long may that continue.

• @ScouseSte yeah listened to it myself, Mike spoke well and at least they let him do most of the talking.

• @Stewarty said in Talk sport:

@ScouseSte yeah listened to it myself, Mike spoke well and at least they let him do most of the talking.

Yea he seemed more like "one of the lads" today instead of the awkward shares guy 😂

• @Stewarty I'm hoping they are holding back some media spend until they know share split goes okay...slight worry a big influx couldnt overload the site. But its all about getting new users onboard. The adverts at Fulham are booked for their remaining big TV fixtures which is probably better value than Jim White getting tongue tied. I'm not sure he can tie his own laces.

• Perry groves plugging the football index hoodie!

• @Tom77 yep that did seem to get more exposure than FI and some Bob Mills grunts and groans...but even so the share split did get a mention... is it only on the Jim White show as never heard it anywhere else?....

• Would be great to hear it on drive

• @KCgull said in Talk sport:

@Tom77 yep that did seem to get more exposure than FI and some Bob Mills grunts and groans...but even so the share split did get a mention... is it only on the Jim White show as never heard it anywhere else?....

No just that segment

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.