Neymar to £9?

• So where do people think the current market ceiling is for a player? Messi hit something like £9.14 before falling way back. Neymar Has been performing great lately but I can't see the market going for a £10+ player.

• While he keeps rising , people will buy because they think he will keep rising not because they think he is worth it (although he may be). £10 could be possible although if he gets to £9 I'm probably going to sell.

• Why not? All depends on what his Annual Return is. I should imagine his Dividend return alone is probably over 10% a year and in 3 years time event instant selling to the spread will probably only cost 4% + 2% commission - that's regardless of capital growth.

If you can afford him then he's a relatively low risk investment, I don't own any unfortunately but he's the King Pin of world football right now as Messi and Ronaldo fade so his rise will mirror the platform which is UP UP UP.

• @Agatello said in Neymar to £9?:

Why not? All depends on what his Annual Return is. I should imagine his Dividend return alone is probably over 10% a year and in 3 years time event instant selling to the spread will probably only cost 4% + 2% commission - that's regardless of capital growth.

If you can afford him then he's a relatively low risk investment, I don't own any unfortunately but he's the King Pin of world football right now as Messi and Ronaldo fade so his rise will mirror the platform which is UP UP UP.

Agreed on the latter.

He's the kind of player who if there was a general rise in the index, he would follow suit. I'm neutral on him - I invest percentage based (7% of my budget per player) so I have less of him than anyone else I hold. So pleased when he wins but would prefer someone like Ozil did :-)

• I think the market ceiling for 2018 is just over £10? maybe up to £10.20 and I think it will come during the World Cup (but only if Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar or ahem.. Kane star for their countries)... after I think it'll stabalise in 12 months to something similar to where we are at now, perhaps the top player will be £1 up on his current value so around the £9+ range??

• Yeah I think we'd all prefer big wins from our Roussillon types! Loved my little win from Sergio Leon, I wanted to flip and flog him but he was frozen out so couldn't... then he coined up! :-)

On the market ceiling front I think that all depends on trader influx, I'm no marketing expert but I'm guessing all of this new advertising will increase the members massively but not instantly over the next 6 months... then there's rumours of opening up to foreign countries like China - although I have no idea how that would be achieved you could imagine the FOOTIE would go through the roof and create even bigger Dividends to match - then being an early adopter would have us all grinning like Cheshire Felines!

Maybe I'm just dreaming I dunno and all I want for Xmas is a sh*t load of Neymars :-)

• bring on the Chinese Billionaires!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

• I wrote it here already 5 or 6 months ago and i repeat it: ALMOST everyone with a portfolio value of over 5000 GBP could get rich in a few years in MY OPINION. FI has only 100.000 users yet, imagine the potential. The potential is millions of millions of users in my opinion. So prices and dividends could skyrocket. So i cannot see a limit of player prices.

• @NewUser38991 I've got £3,400 in it at the moment. I will stop investing at £5,000. Hopefully you're right. I could get myself a nice flat if this turned true. Maybe too good to be true. Maybe we'll be stopped and told there's a limit. I don't know but we can dream.

• @NewUser59855 said in Neymar to £9?:

@NewUser38991 I've got £3,400 in it at the moment. I will stop investing at £5,000. Hopefully you're right. I could get myself a nice flat if this turned true. Maybe too good to be true. Maybe we'll be stopped and told there's a limit. I don't know but we can dream.

I wish there was a limit we could invest. My family is going hungry but my portfolio is getting fatter 😂

• Should have seen the kids faces when i told them santa wasnt coming this year because griezman has dropped 10p and its a good time to invest 😂

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.