When the Dust Settles

• So the initial reaction to the split has caused a spike in the top end of the market.

However once the split actually happen's & in light of the IPD increases, surely they'll be a big rise in cheap strikers & goal scoring defenders.

For example Luis Muriel will be 34p & returning 1p a goal for 30 days. Not bad for a player whose scored 8 in 12 since his move to Fiorentina.

Kenny LaLa will be 57p & is on penalties & set pieces. Again not bad at 3p a goal & 1p an assist.

These type of players look incredible value to me right now.

• @GarethG
    Also Kenny Lala is a defender so won’t he actually get more than that?

• Yeah agree. Everyone's gonna be buying everyone on the 31st.

• @GarethG said in When the Dust Settles:

So the initial reaction to the split has caused a spike in the top end of the market.

However once the split actually happen's & in light of the IPD increases, surely they'll be a big rise in cheap strikers & goal scoring defenders.

For example Luis Muriel will be 34p & returning 1p a goal for 30 days. Not bad for a player whose scored 8 in 12 since his move to Fiorentina.

Kenny LaLa will be 57p & is on penalties & set pieces. Again not bad at 3p a goal & 1p an assist.

These type of players look incredible value to me right now.

Completely agree and it's the end of the market I went to when the announcement came out. You only need to look at the graphic FI produced that showed In-Play was getting the biggest push.

FWD/MID goal 50% increase
    DEF/GK goal 100% increase
    Any position assist 200% increase
    GK clean sheet 50% increase

Kolarov is top scoring defender (7 goals) in a PB league and will be 45p. When he next scores a goal, it will represent a 4.44% return on his current price and there will be a mad scramble to buy him.

I've bought Stuani and Quagliarella with similar in mind.

Buy now, hold and sell when they inevitably score. Rinse and repeat. The easiest money you will ever make.

• I think Gianluca Mancini can be a good shout.

£1.47 now, potentially 49p after the split - young (22) and 6 goals in 18 games.

• @Yellow @kristiang85
    How much are you putting in guys like this?

• @LuaLua said in When the Dust Settles:

@Yellow @kristiang85

I'm starting off with £25, and reassessing as we go.

• What about balotelli

@Yellow @kristiang85

I have:
    200 Stuani at £1.01 (£202 overall)
    200 Quagliarella at £1.11 (£222 overall)
    200 Kolarov at £1.42 (£284 overall)

I was a bit late to Kolarov but am sure he will recover it as soon as he scores.

• @Yellow And just to be clear you're gonna sell right after they score (Not claim the dividends)? Then buy them again when their price drops a day or two later?

Do really people really buy a 37 year old Quagliarelli when he scores?

• Falcao has hit some form. 5 goals and 1 assist in his last 8 games.

Costs under a quid right now.

@Yellow And just to be clear you're gonna sell right after they score (Not claim the dividends)? Then buy them again when their price drops a day or two later?

Do really people really buy a 37 year old Quagliarelli when he scores?

I think people will buy him. They will overlook his age and think 42p for someone who just scored a goal is ridiculous value. How much his price moves will determine how many I sell, but I will definitely look to sell when he does score, wait for his price to drop and probably buy back in.

• @Yellow Thanks for being so helpful today :)

• @LuaLua and that means hoping they rise 10% to cover commission and sell costs
    that takes some luck and timing, unless everybody ploughs into the player as soon as he scores. Then the big sell off hoping you're at the top of the queue.

Is it not better to hold for a few weeks, take some dividends and then try to sell

@Yellow Thanks for being so helpful today :)

You're welcome - hopefully you do find it helpful. I have almost been here a year and it's been extremely profitable for me, and I was given a lot of help on this forum when I started so I try and give it back when I can.

• @Munchie63 remember you will have 600 of him! so selling all in your tactic will reduce his value. Have you tested this? I tinker with flipping on match day - gota be pretty quick on the draw. The price goes up as the goal goes in, but rapidly goes back down... there isn't really scope for commission + decreasing value by 6p, once the dust settles. So you will need to be very good at timing your exit.

That said, as you are in early, instead of waiting for him to score, you will probably make enough pre kick off to flip him. Then buy back on a Monday

• @Vespasian32 said in When the Dust Settles:

@Munchie63 remember you will have 600 of him! so selling all in your tactic will reduce his value. Have you tested this? I tinker with flipping on match day - gota be pretty quick on the draw. The price goes up as the goal goes in, but rapidly goes back down... there isn't really scope for commission + decreasing value by 6p, once the dust settles. So you will need to be very good at timing your exit.

That said, as you are in early, instead of waiting for him to score, you will probably make enough pre kick off to flip him. Then buy back on a Monday

I will have 600 Stuani at 34p buy price - what do you think he'll be before kick off on Friday 29th? I reckon 50p is realistic. If I can sell him for 50p that's only 49p after commission, or a 32% ROI in 11 days. I may well look to sell some in the build up and hold the rest in case he scores. Even if he doesn't score I can hold until there is a game where he does.

I am absolutely certain that people will buy these cheap players when they're scoring goals.

• @Munchie63 remember 10% is only 4p on him.

• @Andy-M yes mate. I'm thinking 1p to cover commission, and good timing to sell at 1 p below the Buy price, and you're in for 1 or 2p.
    the jumps could be much bigger of course.

• @Vespasian32 600 shouldn't be as difficult as offloading 200 today because Adam mentioned the sell amounts rising with split at the traders meeting, right ? So we should be able to buy n sell in bundles of 300 surely?? Strange that nothing got mentioned about this tonight 🤔