So it'll still be 100 futures to raise 1p?

• Anyone know if it will still be 100 buys to raise the price by 1p?
    If so, I think FI have done quite a good job for current customers.

• @Westy said in So it'll still be 100 futures to raise 1p?:

Anyone know if it will still be 100 buys to raise the price by 1p?
    If so, I think FI have done quite a good job for current customers.

I don't think they will confirm it publicly, as they have said in the past their algorithm for this isn't as simple as 100 = 1p.

I think whatever they do use, it will be multiplied by 3 otherwise there will be lots of problems for existing players if they devalued.

• If you do the maths it should be 900 futures for a 1p rise/fall

Wonder if the might fudge it and makes it 1,000...?

• @Dave-C - 300 surely to retain the current price changes?

• @Zidave

I thought that until I worked through a couple of examples...

For example if you hold 300 futures in a player who IPO'd at 90p and you're the only trader who holds that player so he's trading at 93p...

After the split you'll have 900 futures in a player trading at 31p and their IPO price will have re-based to 30p...

If 300 futures moves his price 1p and you sell the lot his price goes down to 28p which is 2p below IPO (and in an extreme example a player could end up with a negative value)...

On the other hand if 900 futures moves his price 1p and you sell the lot he goes back to his IPO price of 30p which is what you'd expect

• I just put this example on another thread that we'd discussed well before we knew the announcement...it's simply not possible to keep the 100 shares =1p
    I think it'll be about 300 =1p

0_1552988964208_Screenshot_20190319-104753_Samsung Internet.jpg

• @Dave-C - I get you but I really don't understand how that works. But it does....

• I get the Math behind all that, but they also have mechanics to stop you selling.

So yeah people may just get stuck with a lot of unwanted shares

If you really think they are going to require 900 shares to move price 1p.. it will be very flat very quick and the index will collapse very impressively.

If you have 6000 shares in some wretched 30p player you deserve to get stung by a swarm of African bees.

• @Vespasian32 it was just an example 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @Andy-M so was my response ;)

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.