Just can't make up my mind

• Seen some mixed activity on my portfolio over night since initial SS announcement but over all I'm up. Was waiting to figure out a couple of players to jump on but now I am even more undecided about who to jump on!!

• My Portfolio is taking a hammering but it is what it is.

Selling Kimmich off for £7.50 looked like a good move until yesterday (though I don't quite get his massive rise given his price)

Mbappe, Rashford, Vinicius, Salah just keep dropping for me! And Rekeem Harper seems to be getting dumped loads too!

I bought Salah at the worst time!!

• @NewUser51324 Sit tight. The money will trickle down and things will re-balance.

• @Timothee-Atouba I hear you loud and clear but I want to grab a couple of mid range players before the SS so after the SS they would look ridiculous in value to any new comers.

Sterling? Obvious reasons...UCL etc / Internationals
    VVD? Obvious reasons...UCL etc / possible first league title
    Mane? Obvious reasons..UCL etc / possible first league title / sudden transfer hype?
    Eriksen? Transfer hype? Still in CL / Madrid transfer (but slightly older than my ideal 25 years of age threshold)

Or go for a couple of youngsters on the obvious rise?

Sometimes I think I over analyse it all.

• @gball1975 just out of interest, why is 25 your cut off? A lot of players won’t even be in their prime at that age, and in today’s game, playing until 33/35 is the norm. Just curious.

• @LaneyNights
    Long term holds so want an portfolio of 25 years of age max...no other reason at all really.

• @gball1975 Sorry. My reply was to the post below your opening one!
    By all means buy of course but I think there could be a bit of a re-balance in yesterday’s big risers.
    You will get away with it from time to time, I sometimes do it but buying on the crest of a wave is a usually a poor trading move.

• @NewUser51324 Salah is actually playing well just not finishing. I saw him live against Watford and he was so good on the eye. He'll come good and think the international break will do him some good. Keep the faith as I believe new investors will be on board soon and your stock will rise. Good luck!

• The Share Split was largely focused around the increase in dividends. The reason Mbappe, Rashford, Vinicius and Salah are down since then is because they don't earn very many. Salah is out of form and will probably recover (and win some MB, as well as some IPD) but the others have very low dividend yields because their prices are too high. See Greenwood for a similar example - he can't win dividends because he's not playing, so his price has plummeted.

Similarly, Kimmich is a good dividend returner, and so his price went up.

Don't want to be contrary for the sake of it but dividends should drive this sort of market and these price changes reflect that - I'm not sure what there is to be confused about.

• 0_1553005939025_upload-d42956cf-1b3a-4f72-8ccb-f053d8415819

Salah has the biggest potential for growth in the top boys. Saints on a single match day. Porto in Champions League. African Cup of Nations in the summer at home in Egypt. Going for the title and golden boot. Can win IPD/MB and PB when in form. He is prone to these dips looking at his price graph too.

• @gball1975 said in Just can't make up my mind:

@Timothee-Atouba I hear you loud and clear but I want to grab a couple of mid range players before the SS so after the SS they would look ridiculous in value to any new comers.

Sterling? Obvious reasons...UCL etc / Internationals
    VVD? Obvious reasons...UCL etc / possible first league title
    Mane? Obvious reasons..UCL etc / possible first league title / sudden transfer hype?
    Eriksen? Transfer hype? Still in CL / Madrid transfer (but slightly older than my ideal 25 years of age threshold)

Or go for a couple of youngsters on the obvious rise?

Sometimes I think I over analyse it all.

I'm not sure how much Mane can rise, think he may actually go down a little before SS, I'm thinking that Firminho looks very cheap in that front 3 for Liverpool all of a sudden, especially with the 200% increase on assists.

• I think Van Dijk is likely to be leading the player of the season award too. He stands out a mile every game & with him being the first defender to potentially win it, I think he'll get a lot of media coverage. There also isn't a stand out midfielder or attacker to compete with him this year.

Plus Liverpool a lot of clean sheets and Van Dijk gets a lot of passes.

• @Mere.Mortal - should get to the semis of Champions League and there is Nations Cup too. I accidentally bought 100 last night and it is the best accident I have ever had.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.