Anyone think this is viable......

• With the share split imminent, does anyone think selling the majority of your portfolio and placing it on one player now just before the share split is a good decision? I have about £5000 invested. , let's say I put £4000 of it on Pogba/Neymar and leave it for a week or so after the share split, I am practically guaranteed to make a huge return in the space of a week or 2?

• @JoshM No. For one I’d be surprised if the big guns grow further for the time being (in fact I can see a small drop off as the market re-balances).
    Then you have to think of commission exiting your portfolio and then commission again when selling your chosen big gun to recreate your portfolio.

• No. Think it's an overreaction. You lose so much in that 2% in commission for buying and selling and you're banking on a big increase that has in part already happened.

• If you were to put another thousand in though that would probably be a good stable long term investment if you believe that Fi can attract a whole load of new traders.

• @Timothee-Atouba Good point, however, when Pogba/Neymar go to say £7 after the split, they are going to go to £10 very quickly wouldn't you think?

• @LuaLua That is precisely the point going forward. It’s all about new users now. Everyone already here have seen the news and the vast majority would have already reacted.
    All that being said I think good pb performers with likely summer transfers could explode just before or with this April announcement (Dybala, Hazard, Fekir).

• @JoshM No logical reason why they should is there without the rest of the market growing as well?

• @Timothee-Atouba Surely there will be, people who can't afford these players will dabble in and that's a massive percentage of the market?

• @Timothee-Atouba For Hazard
    It is the kindof transfer saga that will roll on though with new manager possibility, new owner possibility, transfer ban complications, champions league or not and hazards frank nature and his desire to move makes it a situation which will undoubtedly be analysed for ages and won't be done and dusted in the first week of the transfer amrket hopefully.

Lol just talked myself into buying him.

• @LuaLua said in Anyone think this is viable......:

@Timothee-Atouba For Hazard
    It is the kindof transfer saga that will roll on though with new manager possibility, new owner possibility, transfer ban complications, champions league or not and hazards frank nature and his desire to move makes it a situation which will undoubtedly be analysed for ages and won't be done and dusted in the first week of the transfer amrket hopefully.

Lol just talked myself into buying him.

I’m not sure, chelsea could easily let him go without much fuss or they risk getting nothing in a year, I could see it being finalised pretty soon.

• Yeh I realised as I typed submitted that I was wrong. But is he reals top target or have some younger people like Mane overtaken him.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Anyone think this is viable......:

@JoshM No. For one I’d be surprised if the big guns grow further for the time being (in fact I can see a small drop off as the market re-balances).
    Then you have to think of commission exiting your portfolio and then commission again when selling your chosen big gun to recreate your portfolio.

It doesn't matter how high price the player is, if @JoshM puts his 4k or 5k in a £2 player with intent to sell again then it'll still be 2% of the full amount, but to answer the question I'd say very bad idea, putting all your eggs in one basket is very very high risk, and normally that leads to high rewards, but then you should have done that idea yesterday or sunday and sold during the disco lights.
    Buying Messi on Sunday would have given you about £2 profit per share after the 2%.

• if I was lumping 5k into one player id look at the lower end with lower spreads. That way if it backfires you can IS without losing a huge chunk of capital.

someone like Bellerin for instance at 1.32 coming back from injury would normally be at least 10p higher. Add in the new assist increase of 200%... and general market upturn post announcement/split.. you can probably add at least another 10p to his resting price.

So £5k on him with an expected rise of 20pps would be my quick win strat. (not bellerin per sae, but that kind of price/scenario).

The spread at the £0-2 level is usually just a few pennies ...whereas you put £5k in Pogba and he gets injured or price drops for some reason... your spread can be more like 50p-£1 so using IS will induce a few tears.

• @Vespasian32 Personal question but how much do you and other big traders have in this platform?

• @LuaLua I suspect im more in the medium sized pot category. I know Andy for instance has more than double my worth! I'm £12,500 in with port value £15,300

I made some horrific decisions during Feb and lost over £1k of my initial profit, but then last night alone made £500 +

I've improved my portfolio drastically tho, which was a big element of my Feb losses (selling to reorganise) … so my dividend earnings are now quite impressive with regular PB and MB hits in the last 3 weeks.

I joined in Jan and made early gains based on growth rather than tactics, so Feb was my learning curve and March/April should be successful.

• @Vespasian32 Ok thanks for the information. Really useful. Just wanted to see where I stood in comparison to everyone. Just learning the ropes quick then plan on reinvesting just before Fi try and attract new customers for next season.