Share Price Rounding?

• Hey Guys

Apologies if this has been mentioned in a previous thread but will the share prices rounded up or down after the SS??

Cheers

AndyP

• Hi,
    That what I received from FI...

Nicola (Football Index)

Mar 19, 13:16 GMT

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting customer support.

The share split will be 3-for-1 doe beofre the share split if you had 100 shares at £1.79 this would equal to a value of £179. After the share split the shares would x3 meaning you have 300 shares x 0.596 equals to a total value of £179. The shares will go up because the market has been reinvigorated more buys, more sells and more trading.

• @Mundek - so will the price be 59p or 60p or will there be decimal splits I wonder?

• @Zidave
    She said will go up because... So I reckon will be 60p in this example 🤔

• I'm presuming they will round up or down to the nearest whole penny, i.e. if its 5.00-5.49p it will be £0.05, if its 5.50-5.99p it will be £0.06.

I certainly wouldn't expect them to make 5.01p to £0.06.

• @kristiang85
    She confirmed in 2nd email, that price will go up, in that example above to 60p 👍

• @Mundek

How about if you have 100 shares @ £1.78?

Will you have 300 shares x 0.59333, and round down to 0.59?

• @Victory
    I was asking in one post before announcement what will happen with players odd ends?? Many of us suggest the same, will go up or down...simply but very important cuz we will go down or up on single share (all about money).
    After announcement I couldn't find anything so I emailed them with that question!
    Example was with £1.79, she said... will go up to 60p after SS (£1.7/3=0.596).
    Normally in math, if it's less then 5 after demical point you go down so 0.593 should be 0.59 but 5 and above 5 should go up so 0.596 go to 0.60!
    In your example I reckon it will go down to 0.59 🤔

• @Mundek she actually says the shares will go up because there will be more buys and more trading. What Nicola doesnt confirm is that any odd numbers will be rounded Up

• @Munchie63
    Is 1.79 odd number or not mate?

• @Mundek I meant from that email buddy. She just says there will be rises due to buying and more trading.
    Wonder how many posts we'll see about Ports going up / dropping because of any rounding up and down come Monday.
    That said, some money coming back into the market after the actual split should soften the blow

• @Munchie63 said in Share Price Rounding?:

@Mundek she actually says the shares will go up because there will be more buys and more trading. What Nicola doesnt confirm is that any odd numbers will be rounded Up

The maths example given by Mundek is correct. I think CS didn't understand your question.

• Sorry but CS seriously worry me with their lack of knowledge... I'm almost certain that she was trying to tell you that the market would go up because prices were now cheaper and people will buy more 🤣🤣

• @Andy-M said in Share Price Rounding?:

Sorry but CS seriously worry me with their lack of knowledge... I'm almost certain that she was trying to tell you that the market would go up because prices were now cheaper and people will buy more 🤣🤣

Yep, I thought the same, that definitely doesn’t answer the question. I asked the same rounding question on the issues thread because I don’t believe this has been answered anywhere. May seem like a small point but could actually have a big financial impact on large portfolios (positive or negative depending on what policy they decide on for fractions of a pence!)

• @Coleyscrooge I don't really want to say something that I'm not in the position to prove, but I'm sure i heard Adam Cole say something about rounding down, I've been checking in recent videos of him but couldn't find it anywhere, but I'm absolutely sure he said down and not up, i recall it because it was kind of an attention grabber to my ears, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Naturally I'd expect it to be like the example above, depending what the the following figure is, they can't round off £1.011111 to £1.02 surely, and £1.01777 can't be rounded off to £1.01 , so closest 1/2 penny.

• @Andy-M but they really need to clarify this with an official statement

• Just above where it says final words from Adam Cole on the share split info it says rounded down if needed

• @Ynot_b Cheers mate, that was sending me mad, looked everywhere and started thinking I'd imagined it.

0_1553186159275_Screenshot_20190321-173425_Samsung Internet.jpg

• @Andy-M
    I knew I’d seen it somewhere

• can I deem it Not Necessary