Nicolas Pepe

• seemingly off to Bayern. how do you think he'll do in the short and long term? being from the ivory coast doesn't help.

• @chaps1988 Bayern are one of the best clubs he could possibly go to for PB purposes. Only downside is will he play every game and will he remain as star man like he is at lille with so much competition?

• @chaps1988 Might be a bit of media for the move, especially if/when his agent links him to utd, city, Barca etc to up the price. If he settles at Bayern, he could be excellent for PB. I think gnabry and coman are both classed as midfielders, not forwards which should clear the path, ribery and robben are done, and usual suspects for PB there are in midfield and defence. I'd usually like to see a big fish stay in a small pond as far as dividend winners go (which he is), but I reckon a move to Munich might work out nicely.
    I hold 100.

• An interesting one. Disclaimer I hold a lot of Pepe, initially in anticipation of a Prem move plus PB at Lille.

Usually I'd say a move to a non-Prem club for a transfer linked player devalues them but Bayern are probably the second best club for PB after PSG and I think he's a cut above their current wingers. It's a massive step up in PB potential for an already very strong PB player (Bayern 62.1% Bundesliga possesion, Lille 51.3% Ligue 1 possession so he should see a lot more of the ball for starters).

They also have little PB competition in the FWD positions (short of a Lewandowski hattrick+GWG) and they have a dominant DEF and MID in Kimmich and Thiago so there's potential for a similarly dominant forward to play for them.

• @Stevo said in Nicolas Pepe:

@chaps1988 Bayern are one of the best clubs he could possibly go to for PB purposes. Only downside is will he play every game and will he remain as star man like he is at lille with so much competition?

that's my worry. with all the competition for places, and he wont be the star. wont be a MB. with split I just see a whole load more players going up before him, so maybe better investments. maybe he's one to get on board for next season. has no summer football so imagine there will be a drop.

• @chaps1988 the fee being talked about is £80 million. I think he'll be fine for minutes.

• @Jimbob 0_1553102716610_Screenshot_20190320-172429.png

I'm not sure he is good for PB - even as a big fish in a small pond his scores aren't that great.

Especially competing with Kimmich, Thiago & Alaba who all score much higher consistently on a PB basis.

• @Ericali That surprises me a little, I've had top forward from him twice on single days since I bought him. Jan or Feb I think. He won't be competing against kimmich alaba and thiago though, he'll be competing against tap-in lewandowski eh?
    You're probably right, but I won't be rushing to sell if he moves. I'd drop him like hot-rocks if he went to Barcelona or Paris though!

• @Ericali I don't consider average PB as a good metric for forwards to be honest. That data also includes games from last season when Lille were battling against relegation which will drag down his average.

He has a few explosive scores and Lille score a lot fewer than Bayern and have had no European football (less opportunities to set high scores).

As a forward he also won't be competing with any Bayern players beside Lewandowski and Muller.

• @Jimbob to single match day being key - he only has a small group of forwards to compete against.

• @PB-man 0_1553103699288_Screenshot_20190320-174118.png

But even his last 5 scores are low - and that's with Lille 2nd in the table this year. 🤔

• @Ericali Yes and Lille have won just one of those five I believe. How often do Bayern go on a run of results like that?

• @Ericali you cabt really compare him to thiago, kimmich and Alaba, they all play in totally different positions.

His scores may not match theirs but they dont really need to. They need to better the likes of lewa, who he is capable of unless Lewandowski scores a hat trick.

• @Ericali Divs is divs. No idea who else was playing those nights, both Fridays so it might have just been french league, probably not Paris.
    The move gets the nod from me anyway, the player at his current price? That's up to the chap who started the thread.
    If wolves send the scouts, we all sell up.

• @Stevo I know that, but French teams tend to play on silly days so have little competition for the single match days.

He'll be competing against the German league or whoever else plays on a Saturday & Sunday

• @Jimbob haha - brilliant! 🤣

• @Ericali The top forwards on the index by average of their top five scores (so when we can reasonably expect them to challenge for Divs)

0_1553104984122_upload-7cb5732c-dccb-4b83-a2de-ce7e29eb71e3

Pretty esteemed company I'm sure you'll agree.

• @PB-man said in Nicolas Pepe:

@Ericali The top forwards on the index this season by average of their top five scores (so when we can reasonably expect them to challenge for Divs)

0_1553104984122_upload-7cb5732c-dccb-4b83-a2de-ce7e29eb71e3

Pretty esteemed company I'm sure you'll agree.

Ouch.

• @PB-man said in Nicolas Pepe:

An interesting one. Disclaimer I hold a lot of Pepe, initially in anticipation of a Prem move plus PB at Lille.

Usually I'd say a move to a non-Prem club for a transfer linked player devalues them but Bayern are probably the second best club for PB after PSG and I think he's a cut above their current wingers. It's a massive step up in PB potential for an already very strong PB player (Bayern 62.1% Bundesliga possesion, Lille 51.3% Ligue 1 possession so he should see a lot more of the ball for starters).

They also have little PB competition in the FWD positions (short of a Lewandowski hattrick+GWG) and they have a dominant DEF and MID in Kimmich and Thiago so there's potential for a similarly dominant forward to play for them.

agree. Hes been in my port since i joined. Ups and downs, but decent PB type player with good record of gna. I think he will do better at bayern, but just wont get the MB that a prem move would have brought. So its not perfect news, but still good news!

• @PB-man I agree. 👍

He's pulled a few whopping scores out. I wonder where he would be on a list of forwards on a PB average score? 🤔

I'm sure you're just as willing to share? 😎

Because I know he ranks lower than Alfred Finnbogason.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.