Share Split Tactics

• I know we all have our own plans for after the share split hits, but I was wondering if I could get an idea of whether people are investing now, waiting for the prices go down by 3 to buy, or a mixture of both? Can see pros and cons for all three methods.

• the markets up for a reason. People are buying.

I do think there's a Lot being held back though.

Roll on 26th

• I invested my available funds at the start of March....my reasoning for doing this was to try and get in before anyone who was waiting for the share split to happen.

My thoughts are that if you've got the money available then why not invest now and get in before those who think its 'better value' when the split happens....I'm sure there are loads of people that are thinking it's better value after the split and are waiting....get in there first I say.

• I suppose it all boils down to how many players you are looking to purchase.

Let’s say you have £100 (for ease) and were only wanting to buy 1 player, do it now. If you were wanting to spread it across 5-10 players then wait for the split when their price is lower as it will become easier to distribute.

I don’t think there is any right/wrong answer to be honest mate. Do what feels most comfortable for you.

• I'd imagine that everyone that could afford the big boys pre split has already done most of their shopping, why would anyone wait until after the market has already risen... next step will be people that couldn't afford pre split, they will all get a big boy here and there and hopefully we'll see some pretty big rises, plus payday at the end of the month will see people top up.
    Lets take an example of how it could go... imagine 20% of the traders on the Index couldn't afford Neymar, Pogba, Messi, Mbappe and few other of the pricey players..
    20% of 300 000 traders is 60 000, let's say they all bought 1 or 2 of the above mentioned players, i ain't going to do the maths but i can comfortably say those prices will be shooting up in the last week of march.

• @Andy-M said in Share Split Tactics:

I'd imagine that everyone that could afford the big boys pre split has already done most of their shopping, why would anyone wait until after the market has already risen... next step will be people that couldn't afford pre split, they will all get a big boy here and there and hopefully we'll see some pretty big rises, plus payday at the end of the month will see people top up.
    Lets take an example of how it could go... imagine 20% of the traders on the Index couldn't afford Neymar, Pogba, Messi, Mbappe and few other of the pricey players..
    20% of 300 000 traders is 60 000, let's say they all bought 1 or 2 of the above mentioned players, i ain't going to do the maths but i can comfortably say those prices will be shooting up in the last week of march.

Totally agree on your first paragraph, I'm expecting a big spurt next week - split + payday + end of international break (I presume this was intentional on FI's part).

However, I think that much of the post share split trading will be on the value players in the middle - yes, there will be more top-end rises, but I think most of the action on those has happened. The £2.50-£4 market will have its turn next week, I think.

• @kristiang85 I'm talking about the traders that can't afford pre split, how do you work out that they've already boight if they can't afford and have been waiting for the split ??

• Hi mate,
    My plan was simply. Set up my port on the end of 2018 after announcement about SS (quicker is better) . I did that by reducing shares in port and reinvested/spread money around market. I thought that would be the best for me. Then made few little changes in January cuz of 'January offer' for new traders ( jumped on some 'trains' with young players) and profit invested in some transfer targets! I don't have 5 digit port so can't buy everyone I want so I gamble like we all here.
    Now, I just waiting for CL/EL cuz I'm not a big fun of international football! For me is no difference in buying now or after SS so job done!
    On 26th of March I'll be on holy away so no chance for trading but I'm not worry about that cuz I don't want do anything till end of the season unless something 'strange' will happen with my port! 🤔
    I think I did my homework so I sitting tight and enjoying the 'new part' on FI!

The main reason with SS was to make prices more affordable for new traders! So If you asking ppl who been here at least few months I can tell you that, they did exactly the same what I... So we are now waiting what 'new traders' will do after 26th and then ppl will react and make nxt move! 🤔

• Buy now if you can afford. I have my portfolio ready, only Salah is missing. Can't afford him now, but will buy cheap after SS.

• @Andy-M there aren't 300k active traders. More like 60k I reckon. The forum nunbers are misleading as there are so many dormant accounts. But I agree the big boys should see a gradual rise post-split, especially media magnets like Pogba with the season end approaching.

• Little confused with this share split regarding selling players that you hold- E.g. if I’ve bought rashford for 9pounds and after the SS he’ll be 3 pounds... do I’ve to wait for him to go back to 9 pounds before I break even? (Excluding commission)

• @Hotspur yeah I'm aware of those figures being misleading mate, but 60k is not possible, so only 20% of people that open an account here are actually trading ?? Certainly hope you are way out.
    Do you have any reason for that figure?? Or just your rough guess ?

• @Juno said in Share Split Tactics:

Little confused with this share split regarding selling players that you hold- E.g. if I’ve bought rashford for 9pounds and after the SS he’ll be 3 pounds... do I’ve to wait for him to go back to 9 pounds before I break even? (Excluding commission)

Haha then nobody would be here on 26th mate, you'll have 3 x the amount of shares at 1/3 of the price, absolutely no difference apart from cheaper for new traders to pump your shares.
    If you buy a pizza and cut it into 3, will your pizza be worth less ??

• @Juno if you own 1 Rashford at £9, after the share split you will own 3 shares at £3. You won't lose out from the actual split, don't worry.

• @Andy-M I think I heard it on one of FIG's podcasts as a 'best guess' figure. Might be wrong though.

• @GregF @Andy-M Cheers lads.

Just for 100% clarity on this then.. if I’ve bought rashford at £9 and after SS he’s £3...

a couple of days after SS his value is now at £4, this is the equivalent to him being at £10 pre SS and I’ve treble the amount of shares in him?

• @Juno said in Share Split Tactics:

@GregF @Andy-M Cheers lads.

Just for 100% clarity on this then.. if I’ve bought rashford at £9 and after SS he’s £3...

a couple of days after SS his value is now at £4, this is the equivalent to him being at £10 pre SS and I’ve treble the amount of shares in him?

Nope ... £4 ×3 ain't 10

You really need to understand before u continue mate.

I'm going to just explain quickly.
    Lets say u have 10 Rashfords, forget what price u bought it's totally irrelevant. He's currently £12.72.
    This will be divided by 3 and you'll then own 30 instead of 10, nothing changes in reality.
    If his price goes up 1p then it will go up 30p in total, exactly the same as if it went up 3p currently.

• @Juno if he goes to £4 in your example, you’ll have 3 of him, so it’s £12 in total.

• @GregF said in Share Split Tactics:

@Juno if he goes to £4 in your example, you’ll have 3 of him, so it’s £12 in total.

Which is a drop in price, but I'm guessing that @Juno is referring to buy price, so yes it will say you bought at £3 instead of £9, but you'll obvious have 3x as many