I’ll be joined by Nick Morris (Former FI employee) on the pod this weekend, any questions?

• I’ll be joined by nick Morris! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments :)

• Don’t recognise the name, I guess he was before my time. So my obvious questions... what did he do, and why did he leave?

• @The-FIG Not particularly a question to Nick, more a general question, was just discussing this with @Hotspur ... when we discuss how many traders there currently are on the Index, we normally use the newuser figure from the forum, i recall seeing 319k recently, is there any actually estimated figures of how many are currently trading ??? Or are we all just guessing, apparently it's been heard on your show that it's 60k, i hope this is from way back in the day or someone just heard wrong. Thanks Andy M

• @Coleyscrooge He was in marketing, and just had another opp come up! Discussed in the last time he joined: https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/48

• @Andy-M Hey Andy, yep that's kinda my guesstimate on active users currently!

If you consider FPL starts with 6m users at the beginning of the season, they end it with about 500k.

Bet365 have 20m sign ups.....how many are realistically active, 2-4m?

• @The-FIG why can't we just have figures from FI 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @Andy-M It wouldn't really make much of a difference....also, people could easily Re-open their accounts if that makes sense.

• @The-FIG very true, oh well as ling as the portfolio goes upwards i guess it's all good 👆👌🏻

• It could be helpful to have a brief bio of your guest in order to target the questions at his particular area of expertise. Ive googled him and it turns out he has a credit on the production team of the 1999 version of Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat. Questions about Andrew Lloyd Webers nasal hair may detract from what has been a big week for FI with the share split. Who saw that big move towards short term trading coming? I used to do that with William Hill once. Id take up a postion with Jamie Vardy to score a goal on a Saturday and exit that postion around 5 pm via the wastepaper bin. With FI though you get to 'Stay in the game' or at least until someone buys those pesky Vardy shares no one seems to want(everbody knows he almost signed for Arsenal once right?). Short term trading though is definately a move closer towards traditional betting and seemingly a move away from what made FI unique.

Got carried away there. If theres a question in there your more than welcome to use it Mr FIG.

• @Dalien-Smith
    I like the stream of consciousness feel of that
    It almost read like a James Joyce/Virginia Woolf novel but with a sprinkling of FI references thrown in.

I tend to adopt the stream of unconsciousness approach for most of my posts so its nice to have a balance 😛

@The-FIG
    My questions to your guest
    As an FI employee you would no doubt have been blocked from having your own portfolio.
    How frustrating did you find this and was it one of the first things you did after you left to set one up?

Another one for both of you

What do you think the announcement on15th April regarding a series of special promotions across the summer months will be.?

• Ive got a question. Former FI employee/theatrical production entrepeneur(?) Nick Morris is welcome to be on the recieving end.

The international break is a cold dark PB less place where only Paul pogba can fill the FI void with media friendly sound bites about his new hair style and his love for Real Madrid. For those of use whos portfolio players hair style does not command global attention there are small offerings. Is it not high time that FI introduced PB rewards on competitive international football(even dare I say it under 21 competitions given the youth bubble in FI). A welcome introduction for all im sure.

• @The-FIG said in I’ll be joined by Nick Morris (Former FI employee) on the pod this weekend, any questions?:

@Andy-M Hey Andy, yep that's kinda my guesstimate on active users currently!

If you consider FPL starts with 6m users at the beginning of the season, they end it with about 500k.

Heard you mention this on your pod. Pretty sure this is incorrect. At the moment with 6 weeks to go there is around 50% active teams on FPL (judged by those who have made a transfer in the last 4 GWs)

• @Keegan's-Bluff Was a stat that was mentioned by Tom from the WGTA podcast when he came on my show :)

• @The-FIG you mean the 50% one? no that's from a few of the FPL data sites. They update the figure each GW (think it's just dipped under 50%) My guess of active users for FI btw would between 10-20% of registered users, maybe a bit more at the moment from TryJan. Pretty impossible to tell though, unless you're FI. I'm sure there's a few dormant accounts forgotten about too.

EDIT: Oh, right - you mean you got that stat from Tom WGTA. With you now.

• What are their plans for marketing?

• @Keegan's-Bluff Haha yep!

• @LuaLua He no longer works for FI, so I don't think he'll know mate!

• @The-FIG said in I’ll be joined by Nick Morris (Former FI employee) on the pod this weekend, any questions?:

I’ll be joined by nick Morris! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments :)

1. FI has now broken out the start up phase and is a proper challenger brand. What additional steps does it need to take to become a really established, bluechip, mainstream part of the sports gambling market?

-- and possibly related --

1. The advertising platforms (Talksport, Bristol Rovers, Craven Cottage pitchside, City AM, TfL etc) have all been great ideas for getting the name out there but I don't know if the adverts themselves do complete justice to the product. Does Nick have any creative ideas to bump these up a notch?

2. Best trade / worst trade?

• @playingcards1 Thanks for your questions mate!

• @Dalien-Smith thanks mate, will make a note of this and defo do it next time!