Gabriel Jesus a good hold ?

• I am balls deep in Gabriel Jesus futures. Reckon he's a good investment ? I'm aware he doesn't get much game time in comparison to an inury free, goal scoring machine in Aguero. But Aguero is also 3 months away from being 31 years of age. I'm thinking longer term Jesus will be the one leading the team, and with Man City competing in the advanced stages of each club tournament, surely he has a bright future.

• @JmanSupreme - I tossed a coin between Aguero and Jesus for my pre-SS top up. I went with Aguero as he is on form and number 1 this season. I did that City could still have 15 games this season so I am sure Jesus will get his chance. Will he play for Brazil in Copa America? Aguero won't for some bizarre reason.

• I've considered Jesus a few times but Aguero really isn't that old at 30 - keeps himself in good shape and is having one of his best seasons (both fitness and performances wise).

I'd say Jesus is massively under priced and is being held back by Aguero's form and fitness record - when that starts to deteriorate we will see Jesus fulfil his FI potential however, it wouldn't surprise me to still see Aguero as the starting striker in 2 years time.

• @Chris-J - plus Aguero less than a fiver. So not a massive downside if you need to sell quickly.

• @JmanSupreme

Is he better than Aguero now - No; or in the future - perhaps. Does he win PB/MB - No, or in the future - maybe.

If you had a fiver to spend could you name several better prospects than Jesus - yes, so why invest in him???

• Jesus looks a decent bet for me and in my view more likely to make returns in the longer run whereas Aguero may in the short term.

• @NewUser159387 Who would be a better investment below £5 ? Jesus will be in his mid 20's in 5 years time. Aguero has been whacking goals in left right and centre and is down 10% in the last 3 months. I really try and avoid older players i.e Ronaldo, Aubameyang etc..

• @JmanSupreme - the future only lasts 3 years. If you don't expect any increase in the next 5 years then you are punting on someone buying the future off you at a profit?

• there was a spell this season where aguero got injured for a few weeks or was out of form, believe it was just after Christmas. Jesus price went up by about £2 per future. I'm waiting until season is over, I do think we'll start to see the slow transition of Jesus making more starting appearances. He hit the premier league with a bang when he first joined, kept Aguero out the team. But Aguero has had more than his fair few knocks this season and is only one long injury away from Jesus stepping in. Plus there's been rumours that Aguero is thinking of going back to Argentina.

Massively underpriced for a top young striker playing in arguably the best team in England, his price keeps dropping so wont be long until it rises again.

• @JmanSupreme

Werner, Pepe, Icardi, Alcacer, Asensio, Griezman, Richalison, are all established dividend winners at £5 +/- £1 who I would buy ahead of him & hold for 3 years.

Young potential & far cheaper prospects Abraham, Chalov, Cutrone, Lookman, Morelos, Ponce, Weah with just as much chance of growth.

I'd actually buy Mahrez ahead of him at City as at half the price there's far more room for growth.

• @Zidave I definitely expect an increase within the next 5 years lol! Just an example that he's still a young lad and has many years ahead of him.

• He's shitty stick material for me. Doesn't play enough for his price. Will have decent spike when he plays and scores... Then big dips when he's out again. All the while there are cheaper players who's graph will look like a stairway to heaven

• @JmanSupreme yes, he's a good long term hold IF City don't buy Kane or Mbappe.

Sit tight for 2 years... Then you will see the profits (oh, yes!)👌

Nothing like being organised & forward planning. 😎

P.s. if anyone mentions the green fireworks, log out & don't be tempted to look at the lights.

• As the first choice striker for Brazil, who seems to perform well when he starts, would he be happy to sit on the bench again next season?

I'm not sure that he would. Surely he feels he's served his apprenticeship now & he either plays or asks for a transfer.

He may not go up immediately, but IMO he'll either be 1st choice next season & rocket or he'll push for a move in the summer & rocket.

He'll be 22 & he's far too talented to warm the bench for another season.

Add in the fact that Aguero is long overdue an injury & he seems a decent enough buy at his current price to me.

• @NewUser159387 said in Gabriel Jesus a good hold ?:

@JmanSupreme

Werner, Pepe, Icardi, Alcacer, Asensio, Griezman, Richalison, are all established dividend winners at £5 +/- £1 who I would buy ahead of him & hold for 3 years.

Young potential & far cheaper prospects Abraham, Chalov, Cutrone, Lookman, Morelos, Ponce, Weah with just as much chance of growth.

I'd actually buy Mahrez ahead of him at City as at half the price there's far more room for growth.

Established dividend winners ???????

Checking Noir's spreadsheet for PB and MB this season

Asensio - 0p
    Richarlison - 8p
    Jesus - 16p
    Pepe - 18p (fair does you can have this one he is marginally more of an established dividender)
    Icardi - 4p

Griezman and Werner have pretty decent dividend records but its fair to say that's a pretty crap argument. The fact you have referred to Asensio as an established dividend returner means your definition of established dividend returner is someone in your portfolio you want to pump.

• @mike778 said in Gabriel Jesus a good hold ?:

The fact you have referred to Asensio as an established dividend returner

Sorry misread my spreadsheet as Banega from the line below but the rest are correct - How much has Jesus won???

@mike778 said in Gabriel Jesus a good hold ?:

The fact you have referred to Asensio as an established dividend returner

Sorry misread my spreadsheet as Banega from the line below but the rest are correct - How much has Jesus won???

@NewUser159387

I think @mike778 answered that in his reply. Double Richarlison 😉

• @GarethG

If you want to invest in a guy who's main role is warming the bench please feel free & good luck.

@GarethG

If you want to invest in a guy who's main role is warming the bench please feel free & good luck.

@NewUser159387

Ive found that predicting the future as oppose to reacting to the present can be a hell of a lot more profitable on FI.

But thanks for your approval & good luck to you too 👍

@GarethG

The point was you said you would rather invest in established dividend returners and then listed a bunch of players who have returned less than Jesus.

If you had said you don't want to invest in Jesus because he is sat on the bench that would be a legit argument. Instead you came up with nonsense so it's difficult to take your opinion seriously.