Predictions for VVD media yield

• How many media buzz wins will VVD get then this month ?

I could see easily 5 at least ?

• Ooh bucket fulls due to the huge fee and him apparently being the answer to LFCs prayers. Still not a bad price too-time to get a few more 😉

• Hes nose diving atm. 2 quid now. Is that because everyones selling him?

• @Porky Yes. People can panic when they see their investment tumbling.

• A dangerous investment I stayed clear from. I don't like holding defenders. The only players I buy are those who I believe are capable of returning me 100% of their value through dividends. I wouldn't spend £2 on a player then only to get 5 media buzz wins which accumulates to 25p. Especially if he's crashed down to £1 after that, in which case I'll have made a loss of 75p.

• Yeah unbelievable ! I've lost 40p per share !!!
    Although, obviously 5p media yield last night, and again today.
    The media dividends during January will now make up for the price falls, rather than be any profit :-(

• Hes gone not much media buzz left in him the papers will move on to the next story

• @NewUser66152 The press will have a field day when he fails to deliver the defensive surety Klopp expected. Gary Neville alone should provide ample soundbites.

I fully expect him to be under the microscope for Champions League fixtures also.

• Anyone investing around £2.50 or so was playing with fire.

This is fairly normal on the index. Players being transferred rocket in price before crashing. What happens is people see the player rising so FOMO kicks in and they jump on. Then once he starts to drop, people panic and sell. If a player has risen sharply its best to accept you've missed this one and keep away. He wont win enough MB to cover the drops. The best way to handle the transfer stories is to take the profit asap and get out.

• @Ellisandro EXACTLY how i see it.
    Champions league fixtures, plus his debut, if he plays well / or messes up. As you say, analysts pontificating on his performance. Will be huge media buzz i think. Which is why i paid £2.30. If i get 50p in media this season, (10p already) then ill be happy with that (would've been happier if his price hadn't bombed!).

• Def dont get MB but good luck

• Don't buy defenders!!!!!!!

• For an idea of where VVD is likely to settle compare the price of the other top Prem CBs on the index with VVD's current price (IMO best to ignore Otamendi who's an outlier due to his freakish PPG and GWG stats)

Then make a realistic assessment of how much VVD is likely to earn in MB before he drops off the radar

Use those 2 numbers to inform your investment decision

• he's at £2.07 now, that seems a perhaps more realistic assessment, although i'm certainly on the more optimistic side about his media buzz and also performance bonuses.
    I mean look at Pogba, the talk about his fee still goes on now. I accept defenders have historically got less MB points than attacking players. But i can still see 6-8 media buzz annually. Plus 4 or 5 performance bonuses at least.
    You say ignore Otamendi, but Otamendi has 7.34 on whoscored.com this season. Van Dijk was on 7.56 in the 15/16, i know whoscored.com only map onto PB scores at a correlation of 0.8, but still those are humungous numbers, he would be behind only Kolarov and Ghoulam were he to simply replicate, not exceed, his 15/16 form. I think it's a bargain man.

• I did say realistic ;-)

Joking aside it's probably worth bearing in mind that whoscored.com's metric for points out 10 is different to FI's metric for PB

• @NewUser105497 said in Predictions for VVD media yield:

he's at £2.07 now, that seems a perhaps more realistic assessment, although i'm certainly on the more optimistic side about his media buzz and also performance bonuses.
    I mean look at Pogba, the talk about his fee still goes on now. I accept defenders have historically got less MB points than attacking players. But i can still see 6-8 media buzz annually. Plus 4 or 5 performance bonuses at least.
    You say ignore Otamendi, but Otamendi has 7.34 on whoscored.com this season. Van Dijk was on 7.56 in the 15/16, i know whoscored.com only map onto PB scores at a correlation of 0.8, but still those are humungous numbers, he would be behind only Kolarov and Ghoulam were he to simply replicate, not exceed, his 15/16 form. I think it's a bargain man.

Fair doos - this is high risk though as all precedence on the index would suggest that another significant drop will be on its way. Hope it works out for you- might be tempted to dabble myself but only if he settles in the £1.50 region.

On a side note, interesting to see the impact of the 2pm deadline which combined with a probable MB today is probably the reason for the rally.

• I’d say quite allot about this situation however I hold some good defenders under £1 who I believe are far better than him! Add to the situation for him to win buzz wins there goalie has to “catch a ball” and I rate the Liverpool goalie has pants and I’ve friends who support Liverpool Who agree with me.(hes not Bruce or Ray that’s for sure!) If you build a house you start at the foundations what’s the point of having a cavalier attack (and I love Salah)if you don’t have a good goalie and defence, add to fact the blokes been sulking for a move all season I question many points here maybe at £1-50 like previously stated he’s worth a punt with larger investments. But a unproven centre back at 2-64 unreal!!! The reason Otamendi is £2 is the defender since November with more than one buzz win and he’s in a team which at moment is best in the league! I sold yesterday my 5 shares at 2-31 before the rally I bought 7 at 1-97 for a few buzz wins and out or abit of fun and interest. the only player who’s been multi traded over £2 is Otamendi when I seen this bloke at 2-64 I thought the only bloke who would buy him at that I’d the man who paid £75,000,000 for him!!! No offence to other trader or the buyers I’ve made many mistakes myself already and new myself I think in all fairness learn from mistakes and don’t beat yourself up about this I’ve been here 3 months and I know myself the next 9 months will be a learning process. But if I gave you 75 million can you tell me youd buy him or another centre back on the index allot less? Good post! Just my opinion and happy trading everyone

• Slightly different players but azpilicueta is the prems finest at the moment. Compare vvd to him..

• Well hes smashing the buzz again today and im sure his price will rise again when hes scoring the odd goal for liverpool and getting top defender points. Liverpool get a lot of corners for which he will be getting his head on and he ll be taking free kicks after coutinho leaves.

• @Porky there was a stat that azpil-morata-goal is the highest link-up in europe (could have explained that better!)