Defender advice

• Since the SS announcement i have see a number of defenders value rise quite rapidly, having carried out my own research i am now looking for some advice from the more seasoned members of FI. Due to the results returned on defenders assists, passes and clean sheets for IPD i have come up with a short list that i can afford.

VVD
    Andy Robertson
    Trent Arnold
    Marquinhos
    Tah
    Kimmich

I think Kimmich and VVD are a little overpriced at the moment and the rest are at a good price before the SS. I am swaying towards Robertson and Trent as they are good for clean sheets and assists, Robertson is in the top 10 lists for PL clean-sheets, passes and assists.

Any advice is appreciated.

• @Harold007

I like & hold most of them but IPD is only active for 30 days so wouldn't buy SOLELY on that basis but I do see defenders as offering good value atm.

Dortmund & Frankfurt offer good PB chances I bought Hinteregger recently & he returned a 12p treble day win & a couple of goals, still only 80p pre SS & Almamy Toure won 6p & is still just 90p.

• @Harold007 - VVD will probably win player of the year, 1st ever defender plus is in Nartions League plus should get to Champions League semi final at least. I would say he is the safest Media Bet with a long summer ahead. The others are expensive for IPD players.

• May I suggest Varane of RM. Starts for RM, internationals ahead and a lot of transfer spec with Man Utd apparently leading the way but Liverpool being talked about as Madrid want Sane. £1.85 / circa 60p in a few days time!!!

• @Zidave said in Defender advice:

@Harold007 - VVD will probably win player of the year, 1st ever defender plus is in Nartions League plus should get to Champions League semi final at least. I would say he is the safest Media Bet with a long summer ahead. The others are expensive for IPD players.

Totally agree. He's underpriced I think compared to Kimmich - he's a regular goal scorer now, and one of my highest div earners.

• dont think defenders get clean sheets divs? unless that was a change?