Same price, different futures part. PART 1: Foden; Jovic; De Bruyne

• KDB - £6.60
    Luka Jovic - £6.51
    Phil Foden - £6.51

I thought it might be interesting to look at 3 players around the same price and discuss their value and potential.

Which of the 3 players do you think has the most glittering future in the short-, mid-, and long-term?

Which, if any, are currently over-valued?

I've picked these 3 because they seem to have very different FI characteristics and attributes., so should be an interesting discussion.

I don't hold any, but think they are all worthy purchases for a variety of reasons.

Let the slanging match begin!!!

• @Specksynder Maybe you can put the 3 players in the thread instead of just headline, already forgot which 3 and need to back out just to check.

I choose Jovic.
    He's a future star yet already doing it week in week out in a PB league and also in Europe, the other 2 are excellent players, in fact if Foden was playing every week then the answer would possibly be very different.

• @Andy-M
    Duly noted and amended. I'm on PC so it's all there for me. I have also put their prices so we can refer back if necessary.

• @Andy-M
    I think I would choose Jovic in the short term certainly. He's playing regularly and has been a big star this season. Transfer bound to happen as well. Not sure about next season though, depends where he ends up. I think Foden is the best bet for next season, as will get more involved at City and see international action. He's English and that's a huge bonus on here. Look at his price already even having done so little compared to others around him. De Bruyne has always seemed over-priced as he doesn't pay out much and has no media personality, but he's steady and has plenty of growth potential IF there was transfer speculation and/or he started picking up more PB. Easily the most 'boring' prospect of the 3, but not a terrible purchase.

• Foden is already priced like he is one the best mids in the world and not even playing, how much higher can his price actually go?, will he win pb in a city team? possibly not even complete 90mins even if he does start.

Jovic, will have some transfer MB but if he goes to Barca for example he could end up like Suarez price because messi just takes all PB.

De Bruyne, unless he gets injured gets no MB and pb is also not good enough.

• @Tom77
    On Foden, as you say, he hasn't even played yet, so I guess his price can go a hell of a lot higher. Look at CHO, Sancho. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make money!

• @Specksynder said in Same price, different futures part. PART 1: Foden; Jovic; De Bruyne:

@Tom77
    On Foden, as you say, he hasn't even played yet, so I guess his price can go a hell of a lot higher. Look at CHO, Sancho. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make money!

Cho is classed as a forward, has transfer Mb in price.Do we really need to discuss Sancho. ( will also be classed as a forward as some point).

Mids similar to Foden, Havertz, Zaniolo, Thiago, Kroos, Arthur, De bruyne, Couthinhio, Paqueta, just some names that come to mind Foden is priced higher than all of them apart from Havertz/de bruyne and he pretty close to them.

• @Tom77

Fair points. I guess what I'm driving at with Foden is that people get carried away with young English players. I don't think CHO's current price is based entirely on his genuine FI potential, more an emotional wave of patriotic excitement and FOMO.

Suppose the question is what do we predict will happen to their prices given what we know about the majority of FI users? If they were all Tom77s he'd probably hover around where he is currently, but few FI traders are born with such perspicacity...

• @Specksynder said in Same price, different futures part. PART 1: Foden; Jovic; De Bruyne:

@Tom77

Fair points. I guess what I'm driving at with Foden is that people get carried away with young English players. I don't think CHO's current price is based entirely on his genuine FI potential, more an emotional wave of patriotic excitement and FOMO.

Suppose the question is what do we predict will happen to their prices given what we know about the majority of FI users? If they were all Tom77s he'd probably hover around where he is currently, but few FI traders are born with such perspicacity...

That’s a good point, at the end of the day though you have to decide why you are buying someone, I just look at other types of mids and to me he has already had the youth bubble rise.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.