Gone In Balls Deep

• So I had a week off this week and this has coincided with a matured investment and the Share Split next week.
    Now the investment was originally going to pay off a loan costing £170 per month, however I have decided to go in “balls deep” this week and have invested £17,000 in the index. My portfolio at the end of February was £1,762. My last 3 months % growth had been 12.63% in December, 28.53% in January and 7.14% in February. March YTD is 17.76% but that includes some good trades on Monday evening after the announcement. All dividends are reinvested.
    My portfolio value is £19,192 which needs to generate £2,040 per annum to meet the continued loan repayments. Therefore it needs to generate a yield of 10.63% hopefully from dividends. Capital appreciation should occur via the impending split, continued growth of the forum and my football knowledge (all being well)
    Obviously investing £17,000 requires a strategy so I have spent the week analysing player performance, yields, average and top PB scores and prices compared to previous peaks to try and find value. Since December, I have prioritised MB players which has paid dividends so I have continued with that strategy for now. Any IPDs are an unexpected bonus. Therefore, I have looked at players who are gathering rumours about summer 2019 transfers as I think it will be a huge summer with no major European tournament. UEFA also increased prize money massively this season so dropping out of Europe is more costly than ever. Lastly, I have also looked at players whose contracts expire in 2020 and 2021 who are hopefully more likely to generate rumours regarding transfers.
    I have split my portfolio into 4 categories and any thoughts or feedback are welcome. Hopefully this is not considered the biggest pump ever as I am not wanting to dump any. However, every player has a price and will be traded once the dust settles next week.
    PREMIUM:
    POGBA
    MESSI
    SANCHO
    E HAZARD
    SALAH
    RASHFORD
    KANE
    STERLING

HIGH PRICED:
    DYBALA
    MARTIAL
    FEKIR
    HAVERTZ
    GRIEZMANN
    MANE
    DE BRUYNE
    JESUS
    VAN DIJK
    T HAZARD
    AGUERO

MID PRICED:

ZANIOLO
    CHIESA
    BRANDT
    ZIYECH
    B FERNANDES
    BERGWIJN
    DEPAY
    KOULIBALY
    SUSO
    I SARR
    LAPORTE
    LACAZETTE
    MALCOM
    BROZOVIC
    BARELLA
    SKRINIAR
    FORNALS
    ALEX SANDRO
    GRIMALDO
    UPAMECANO
    HAIDARA
    ELVEDI
    KABAK
    SZOB
    RUBEN DIAS
    BELOTTI
    ALEX TELLES

CHEAP:

HERMOSO
    GRILLITSCH
    PEREIRO
    TCHOUAMENI
    KLOSTERMANN
    RODRIGUEZ
    AJETI
    SOW
    MALLO

• Very nice. I hold all of your premiums...and about half of the rest. 10% divs definitely achievable with that lot.. Cap ap should be even better.

• some interesting names to google...otherwise quite similar

• @Westy a few of them have got to be anagrams to test us? looks like a spilled can of alphabetti

• On the premium on ones funnily enough I actually think the safest bet for the next 6 months or so is Neymar for the following reasons

Next 4 weeks or so his price should rise in anticipation of him returning and any associated MB relating to this

Copa tournament in the summer

Transfer speculation and eventual transfer to a league probably Spain which attracts more MB than the French league

Assuming he stays injury free he is 4 years younger than Messi but arguably just as prolific at PB

• @Zidave good luck mate.
    Personally I think you've got the annual 2k in the bag 👌🏻

• I thought this thread might contain some pictures. I am very disappointed.

• @Vespasian32 - the amount I typed in wrong, mis-spelt on word document, spreadsheets etc. I need another week off to recover from this week off.

• @Zidave I agree with @Advinculas-Index with regard to Neymar over Messi. Both are good but Neymar is younger & has transfer speculation. If Messi moves it likely to be back to Argentina as I can't see him with another giant in the European game.

Your holds are good, but I personally think you hold too many players.

I'd maybe lose half your mid-priced players & lose the cheap players to concentrate more capital in the others you listed.

• Based on PB returns I’m surprised not to see Kimmich in your list.. but the again he won’t win you any MB or have much cap app so assume that’s why you passed on him?

• @Advinculas-Index -I agree. He is the one player I really want. If I get some good growth from the others than I will invest. I hovered over the buy button on Monday but then bought too many Sterling and VVD during the 7.30pm frenzy and did my budget. Then he rose too much.

• @Ericali - thanks for the advice. Previously, I held between 12-20 players. However, when the Mrs finds out about this then i can at least tell her I have de-risked as much as possible. Hopefully that is a conversation to have after a couple more months of double digit growth.

• @TheSleepingGiant said in Gone In Balls Deep:

I thought this thread might contain some pictures. I am very disappointed.

If all goes to plan I will buy this t-shirt if I can make it to my 1st trader meet:

0_1553253298377_upload-0bad3f8f-054a-4c9c-aef2-32ce196db4dc

• @Zidave i would say the same as i hold all the same premium players as you with the exception i dont hold hazard but do hold neymar. If you can id try to add him to your list. Looks very nice though well done 👍

• @Zidave I understand the de-risk element but my worry is you are spreading yourself too thinly over the players that will give you the most growth post split.

I think a lot of your mid & lower range will see red initially & I personally would use the money elsewhere coming back to the mid & lower players at a later date & cheaper price. 👍

• @Ericali - interesting. My "logic" was that the premium players would rise this week and early next week but then profit taking would begin and be reinvested into the mid-range. It's an interesting theory. I guess, coming from a financial services background, that I have gone for a "time in the market" approach rather than "timing the market"

My lower players should see some transfer buzz over the summer, I have looked at players involved in tournaments and also with decent PB history where applicable. I don't need the capital anytime soon so as long as I can continue to service the £170pm without my Mrs finding out short term than all good.

Thanks for the advice and I totally agree with what you are saying.

• hmmm I also held small and have diversified massively for the split. It's going to pay off when the PB games start up again.

I think it's a good port size. Only trouble with this many players, im finding, is keeping track of big movements at any given time. It's fine while it's all going up … but on match day if you suddenly start leaking money... trying to find out who has just broken their leg etc is a bit of a mad rush.

But then,... that's why you diversify, so you could theoretically walk away from it for a year and be fairly certain to make healthy gains. i'm still in the addicted mode that I want to follow every match and check my player movements regularly.

• @Vespasian32 - try the BETA website. You can split the portfolio into gainers/losers etc.

• @Vespasian32 this is why I streamlined my port to 20 players. Having a smaller port means you can keep track of them better, their form, transfer spec, stats and any other aspect that may affect their price. Having too big a flock could mean a wolf gets a few 🐺 🐑

• I'm up to 100 players...i miss having just 10 to worry about...but like @Vespasian32 said when Neymar got injured I could just leave him in sick bay as other players rose. Kimmich dropped, but didn't need to panic. Pros and cons.