Investing in young England talent with 2022 WC and Euro 2020

• I can see a lot of potential for growth in the coming years with english players and can see them wining both the the WC and Euros. The talent coming through is quite mad and reflects current prices on the market. With a manager who understands how to cultivate youth, a goalscoring good leader in Harry Kane and some exceptional talents such as Sterling, Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Foden, Trent, Rashford, Alli and Gomez to name a few. The english premierships continued global popularity and with MB still predominately influenced by what occurs in the English media really makes for the perfect storm for exponential growth in young english player values. Considering they are being managed by some of the greatest managers of the generation like Klopp and Guardiola.

Problem areas I see with England are at CB and potentially still the GK. Gomez is a good player but is currently injury prone and could see him ending up a bit like Oxlade Chamberlin if Liverpool sign someone like De light to partner Van Dijk and Maguire still looks unconvincing at times. With only really stones a definite starter they are pretty short at the back. I could see Southgate converting Wan-Bissaka to a CB to solve this issue as the options at RB are amazing. On the GK, Pickford had a good WC but his form is mixed but could power through to become a top class keeper.

In terms of investment in the coming years, I would say Hudson Odoi and Foden are safe bets. Greenwood, Saka and Nelson at arsenal looks very promising also.

One to watch - Karomoko Dembele (16) who plays for Celtic could also potentially pull a Rice as well and play for England, which is quite scary.

What are your thoughts? And do you know of any young upcoming players in the academies of top clubs to keep an eye on.

Potential Euro 2020/WC 2022 Squad

I can see them going to a 4-3-3 cause they have the wings, fullbacks and strikers to do it and could play in a similar way to MC atm come 2022 with Foden dictating play.

GK - Pickford

RB - Walker
    CB - Stones
    CB- Gomez
    LB- Shaw
    CDM - Rice
    CAM - Alli
    CAM - Foden
    LW - Sancho
    ST - Kane
    RW - Sterling

SUBS

Rashford
    Maguire
    Butland
    Oxlade Chamberlin
    Chillwell
    Trent

• World Cup 2020 …. Rhian Brewster!!!! Enough said!

• If you are looking at 2022, I don't see Morgan Gibbs-White being far away by then.

• I think Tomori will be in the England squad around 2022.

So the CB options would be Stones / Gomez / Maguire / Tomori.. possibly throw in Holding also.

As for GK I wouldn’t be surprised if Gunn was starting by then. I said in another post that I thought he may have been included in this squad and was surprised he wasn’t

• I can see Ainsley Maitland-Niles being in the England picture in the next couple of years too.

• Morgan Gibbs-White looks another one to watch

• Rhian Brewster 🌶

• Do we know whether euro 2020 will be covered by PB? I feel like there should be plenty of warning from FI if it is/ isn't going to be. I feel like it is too late now to all of a sudden say that Euro u21 will be eligible for anything now given it's close proximity.

• lol if you think Walker gets in that team you're braindead. Be lucky to get in the squad! TAA, Trippier and Wan-Bissaka are all far superior (Trippier out of form atm granted). I think you'll find Pep will replace him this summer as he has made countless mistakes, isn't great going forward (barely any goals/assists in that team is terrible), and has had injury issues.

• @chaps1988 Agree with all that bar the braindead bit haha. Walker fulls asleep at times... as does trippier...as does rose whats wrong with poch eh.

• Are you missing Hudson-Odoi or are you predicting he'll be injured!!!!!!!!!!

• Most of the young English players are already quite high. Time will tell how much they can still rise.

As much as I'm a proud England fan, your prediction of us doing the double of Euro's and WC is a tad ambitious. Pop down your bookies and he'll confirm it. As good as our youngsters are, the German B squad breezed the Confed cup. France are loaded with youngsters, as are Portugal. And Holland are rebuilding with half that Ajax team eligible to come through

Remember the golden generation. Oh, and Klopp the greatest ? his cabinets quite bare

• @NewUser731 you're right mate. We need to know now as its only 15 months away

• @chaps1988 Only really put walker on the team cause he has experience compared to the rest which you would need if you wanted to win a major tournament. I do think T
    AA will be the future starting RB.

barely any goals & assists? Is that about the team or walker haha

HARRY KANE - goal machine
    Sancho - top assists in europe this season
    Sterling - has 15 goals, 9 assists in prem this season

• @NewUser128170 probs will be at an U21 tournament cause there is a lot of competition in this position.

• Anyone who thinks tomori will ever play for chelsea if deluded. In 2022 he will be on loan to his 6th championship club just like kalas. Hudson odoi will play less than 10 games in 2022 as at 21 he will still be a "young player who needs protecting" and after years of benchwarming foden will still be wasting his talent at man city. Unless they all leave. Here's hoping...

• @NewUser297678 said in Investing in young England talent with 2022 WC and Euro 2020:

Anyone who thinks tomori will ever play for chelsea if deluded. In 2022 he will be on loan to his 6th championship club just like kalas. Hudson odoi will play less than 10 games in 2022 as at 21 he will still be a "young player who needs protecting" and after years of benchwarming foden will still be wasting his talent at man city. Unless they all leave. Here's hoping...

I actually don’t think Tomori will play for Chelsea, I do however think he will play in the premiership next season, likely on loan then leave the following summer.. similar to Ake,...

• @Munchie63
    Yeah I think they are so high because the majority of traders are english who love to use the term 'golden generation' and the media can't resist headlines on the next big English talent. Take tonight, if the game is awful and nothing happens but Hudson Odoi gets a debut, then he may win MB which is mad tbh.

Yeah I would agree that France, Holland and Portugal have some talented youngsters coming through. Italy also look to have a good generation on the way.

True a couple bundesliga titles is not that much but considering Bayerns dominance in the bundesliga, its impressive what he won.

• Yeah but hardly any of these young players ever leave as they get paid huge amounts for having achieved nothing. Take loftus cheek for example. I want him to succeed but at the same time if he wanted to become a top player badly enough he would have demanded a transfer years ago. Clearly he loves the money more and thats completely understandable but thats why i hate all these predictions about who is going to be the next star as most dont want it enough imo.

• Every world cup and euros we've been to in the last 3 decades that I can remember, we was always going to win it or should do as on paper we've had the "best players" last year was a massive chance for us, best opportunity and we fluffed it. No balls! In my opinion big Sam would of got us to the final as a minimum with them players at his disposal.
    Now as for my FI head. It has to be sancho rash and cho (maybe) ,foden looks class aswell, next year will be key for him if he can get some game time.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.