The Rise

• What are peoples opinion on the rise since the SS announcement; is this just a short term boost or are we likely to see this continue for the foreseeable after the SS takes place?

My portfolio has been flat since end of Jan, but now seen a 5% increase within a week (not complaining). I now have some extra cash to increase my portfolio by 200% but not sure how sustainable the current growth will be.... Thoughts?

• @Abaalan
    To an extent growth only matters so much, it all depends on the make up of your portfolio.

If you mainly have MB / PB players then you will get dividend returns regardless of growth.

Obviously growth is great and potentially more profitable. But even in a flat market you can still make plenty

• @AdyH said in The Rise:

@Abaalan
    To an extent growth only matters so much, it all depends on the make up of your portfolio.

If you mainly have MB / PB players then you will get dividend returns regardless of growth.

Obviously growth is great and potentially more profitable. But even in a flat market you can still make plenty

That is a good point. I'm looking at shortish term with this extra cash - 4/5 months. Was thinking of getting on some premiums for dividends then saving some in reserve for some 30-day flipping (cheapies who score/assist and making the most of the new cheap prices after-SS )

Guess should maybe wait to find out more on these "summer specials" too

• @Abaalan - try and get some transfer targets for summer MB. Any transfer rumours get on them. It has been very profitable for me recently with Coutinho, Griezmann and Bruno Fernandes.

• I have gone for the following transfer targets:

Dybala, Fekir, Griezmann, both Hazard's, Coutinho, Brandt, Chiesa, Bruno Fernandes, Ziyech, Depay, Bergwijn, Koulibaly, Ismaila Sarr, Barella, Skriniar, Alex Sandro, Grimaldo, Elvedi, Ruben Dias, Alex Telles, Hermoso and Gaston Pereiro.

All linked with transfers and most have a year or 2 left on contracts at clubs that would need to sell.

Fill your boots.

• Capital growth come’s and goes like the seasons. But dividends puts food on the table when the weathers bleak 🌳🍂🌷

• @Abaalan said in The Rise:

What are peoples opinion on the rise since the SS announcement; is this just a short term boost or are we likely to see this continue for the foreseeable after the SS takes place?

My portfolio has been flat since end of Jan, but now seen a 5% increase within a week (not complaining). I now have some extra cash to increase my portfolio by 200% but not sure how sustainable the current growth will be.... Thoughts?

Getting more people on the platform is the key, set up a twitter account and pump footballindex out, we can all do our bit.

• I think it would be fair to assume that at least 90% of the cash pumped into the platform over the last week or so will stay within the platform.

This is where having a diverse portfolio is key in my opinion.

The general consensus over the last 3 months is that most investment will go into the big names prior to and immediately after the SS but at some point, A % of that investment will trickle down to the mid range and lower end players especially as we get closer to the start of the new season and PB becomes more prominent.

• @Advinculas-Index you and your talking sense again!!

• @Dannybeavs said in The Rise:

@Advinculas-Index you and your talking sense again!!

It happens but once in a blue moon
    Even a broken clock is correct twice a day ;)

• @Tom77 said in The Rise:

@Abaalan said in The Rise:

What are peoples opinion on the rise since the SS announcement; is this just a short term boost or are we likely to see this continue for the foreseeable after the SS takes place?

Getting more people on the platform is the key, set up a twitter account and pump footballindex out, we can all do our bit.

Things like this literally make it sound like a pyramid scheme

• @Static said in The Rise:

@Tom77 said in The Rise:

I’m going to change my Twitter photo to 2x lamborghinis on my drive with football index number plates, maybe some rolex’s too.

• @Chris-J said in The Rise:

@Static said in The Rise:

@Tom77 said in The Rise:

I’m going to change my Twitter photo to 2x lamborghinis on my drive with football index number plates, maybe some rolex’s too.

Don't forget to post the screenshots of "OMG my first 10000% growth on a player" or "£50k profit, not bad at all, thanks FI"

It's weird that I never see people who actually trade in stocks and shares banging on about all their profits haha seems "FI Traders" have that market won.

• @Advinculas-Index said in The Rise:

I think it would be fair to assume that at least 90% of the cash pumped into the platform over the last week or so will stay within the platform.

This is where having a diverse portfolio is key in my opinion.

The general consensus over the last 3 months is that most investment will go into the big names prior to and immediately after the SS but at some point, A % of that investment will trickle down to the mid range and lower end players especially as we get closer to the start of the new season and PB becomes more prominent.

That makes sense.... i feel i have a pretty diverse port (32 players) - without doing the exact calculations i would say roughly (in terms of value):
    Premiums: 50% (MB/PB stars)
    Mids: 20% (capital growth/youth - Goretzka, Skirinar, Trent-AA as examples)
    Cheap/Youths: 30% (e.g. harves Barnes, Tonali, Wolf, Zagadou)

Potentially now looking at those IPD flips for 30 days (~£1 currently players) and summer transfer targets.

• That pretty much Mirrors the set up of my Port (i had 32 players as well until i purchased another one 30 mins ago)

• @Advinculas-Index said in The Rise:

That pretty much Mirrors the set up of my Port (i had 32 players as well until i purchased another one 30 mins ago)

Good to know I'm looking alright haha! If you dont mind me asking what value are we talking of your port....it seems to vary alot with different people, and feel if i put in more money will end up growing to over 50 players.

• @Abaalan

£23.7k

• @Advinculas-Index £23.8.... 😱

Very similar, although I was £23.6 on Friday at 9am.

What you start with?

I'll race you to 30k - no more deposits allowed. 👍

• @Ericali

I started with £50 on July 21st last year

I cant take you up on your challenge im afraid though as i intend to make a couple of further deposits before i hit £30k as part of my strategy.

Although we could do £25k as im not going to make any deposits before then unless some obvious investment opportunity to lump on occurs

• @Advinculas-Index ok...

Done well turning £50 into £23,600 in 9 months. 😉🚀🚀