Portfolio Spread

• Apologies if this has already been asked but I'm interested to see how many players people have in their portfolio? Do you have large selection of players and spread out futures or fewer and pump more futures into them?

• I consider my portfolio to have a larger number of players with less futures in each for my budget. So i have 18 players 20 futures in each costing £2500. 90% of which are the big players with a small but regular dividend return

• That's a nice spread tbf, would you ever go over the 18 players by much or is that pretty much your limit?

• The main problem I reckon with a growing portfolio is can you keep track of everything.
    I have twenty three players with a port worth of 720 but a lot of them are cheap Ipd people I know are going to rise and I know when I'm flipping them so its manageable. Others I know I'm holding onto basically whatever happens so i don't really have to watch them and then there are a few I'll sell just before they return from injury. So just have a plan for each maybe put them into groups and it becomes easily manageable.

If you have more transfer speculation players you need to be more aware of day to day stuff so having a large portfolio can be tough. Also the more leagues + nationalities you have the tougher it can be.

Just have a rough plan for each player and split them into groups would be my main tips.

Just realised this doesn't answer your question but screw it I'm clicking submit ahaha.

• @Rhys-F only if I deposited more money but at the moment theres no other players i want my limit isnt fixed to a number it just happens to be ones i have faith in

• @LuaLua said in Portfolio Spread:

The main problem I reckon with a growing portfolio is can you keep track of everything.
    I have twenty three players with a port worth of 720 but a lot of them are cheap Ipd people I know are going to rise and I know when I'm flipping them so its manageable. Others I know I'm holding onto basically whatever happens so i don't really have to watch them and then there are a few I'll sell just before they return from injury. So just have a plan for each maybe put them into groups and it becomes easily manageable.

If you have more transfer speculation players you need to be more aware of day to day stuff so having a large portfolio can be tough. Also the more leagues + nationalities you have the tougher it can be.

Just have a rough plan for each player and split them into groups would be my main tips.

Just realised this doesn't answer your question but screw it I'm clicking submit ahaha.

Nah it does help haha, that's my issue. I can think of a number of players to include in my portfolio but idk if I can track of them all as well as I might like

• @Rhys-F I've got about 50 players with 5 different strategies in play, the way I keep on top of it is by buying a set amount of futures for the different strategies.. So as an example I've bought 150 futures in players I bought with media in mind, 200 futures in players I bought with near future transfers in mind etc. Its a good way to categorise your players I think, hope this helps.

• I have a portfolio of 90 players, from an investment of £4k. I take out dividends but reinvest profit from trades, though I do this sparsely.

My players are very diverse, so I am consistently making profit.

• Portfolio value = £7k
    Total players = 44

16 of these are cheap IPD players I intend to flip within 30 days.

• @Rhys-F
    I'm NOT font of knowledge on here...lots guys know more than me BUT...
    I've been here 6 months had about 20 players ...but was wanting others 'on the rise' & sold some ..BUT those I sold 2 months later were 50p-1.50 more OUCH ‼️
    Now as I've said previously (all got different strategies) (see M Buzz thread)
    EJ (FI God) spoke once about having as many as 100 in portfolio
    I too have 100 but not same value of port as EJ etc...& some approx 10 x1 ftrs
    I'm not advocating everyone should have this many but don't see much of 'downside'

• £16k
    56 players

I will look to move on 5 or 6 a week or so after the split, assuming this rate of growth doesn't continue (leno, pickford, bellerin, ben yedder, lala, mandzukic…)

About 30 are solid PB players so will consider whether to stick or twist when we get to the end of season (kimmich, t haz, elvedi, tah, marquinhos, savanier...)

I have 10 big hitters who are long term hold (Pog, Ney, Kane, Sancho, Ster, Messi, Salah...)

The rest are players I think can transfer to a PB league so represent good value atm. (Grimaldo, Fernandes, Lozano, Vanaken, Tagliafico)

100 shares per player in 5 of the top 10
    50 shares in most others
    25 on some of the riskier punts/flips

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.