My Reds! (13 players, I'm losing money on)

• These are the 13 investments I currently have in the red and how far in the red the futures are for me. I’ve split them into 3 categories. I’d love to hear your thoughts on these players and weather or not I should be keeping or doubling down on them.
    GAMBLES
    Pierre Aubameyang: -£1.35
Marcos Alonso: -£0.90
Marko Arnautovic: -£0.69
Samir Nasri -£0.46
Benjamine Mendy: -£0.05

YOUTH
    Angel Gomes -£0.26
Leroy Sane -£0.14
    Hamza Choudhury: -£0.13
    Christian Pulisic: -£0.11
Jack Clarke -£0.11
Ronaldo Vieira -£0.03
James Ward-Prowse -£0.01
    BIG MO
Mohamed Salah: -£0.03

GAMBLESNasri, £1.25, West Ham, MID, 31y/o
    Finally coming back from injury, his introduction last week turned West Ham’s fortune from 3-1 down to a 4-3 win, prompting headlines such as “Fans In Awe Of Nasri”. In a recent interview he talked about wanting to impress the boss with the rest of his games and a few days ago Pellegrini remarked that he wants Nasri for next season.

Alonso, £1.76, Chelsea, DEF, 28y/o
    started the season on fire but had some disasters prompting fans to get annoyed. Sarri recently stated that the Spaniard is recapturing his form, which is supported by the wing-back picking up PB last week. Chelsea are still in Europe which means midweek games and their next two Europa games are against Slavia Praha, so… chances to shine against significantly lower rated competition. 

Aubameyang, £4.16, Arsenal, FWD, 29y/o
How can this guy keep going down? He’s just entering his prime, he’s about to be £1.40 per share for a consistently lethal Premier League forward who gets assists as well as goals. He’s picked up multiple MB and PB awards this season and broke records while doing it. I’ve been watching his price fall for months in outright confusion… Am I mad to keep him? 

Arnautovic, £1.74, West Ham, FWD, 29y/o
Is he going to China OR did he just want that new 5 year contract with a juicy payrise? Time will tell but he was my first purchase on FI, and if he’s still here after the summer, I think he’ll rocket… 

Mendy, £3.16, Man City, DEF, 24y/o
 The 24 year old has potential to be a force on Football Index… BUT (and it is a big BUT), he missed last season through injury and most of this season too. Pep is said to be on the look out for a back-up for him (not a replacement). The bottom line is, he’s absolute beast of a defender with 5 assists in 9 Premier League starts.

YOUTH
Leroy Sane, £6.93, Man City, FWD, 23y/o
Possibly the next big riser on FI. He could win all 4 trophies this year, having only just turned 23 in January. He’s already bagged 14 Goals & 13 Assists with potentially 15 games left to play for Man City this season, many of them games are on days where few others are playing too, so there’s potential for PB/MB. He’s finally broken into the German side with a goal in the Nations League against the Netherlands.
    James Ward-Prowse, £1.90, Southampton, MID, 24y/o
    At 24, he’s bagged 6 in 18 for a struggling Southampton and on the back of scoring world class free-kicks against Spurs and Man Utd, he got called up to the England squad. Bare in mind that Southgate won the Toulon Tournament with James in 2016, so knows what he’s capable of and that the manager focused specifically on set pieces for the World Cup, with 9 of Englands 12 goals coming from dead ball situations. 

Angel Gomes, £3.02, Man Utd, MID 18y/o
    We all know the FI potential of and attacking midfielder who happens to be young, English and play for Man Utd. What we don’t know is… will he get loaned out or break in to the team? Will he be the next Greenwood? Or Macheda? Does it even matter if he never makes another appearance… Is the promise of what he could be, enough to cause him to rise? 

Ronaldo Vieira, £1.02, Sampdoria, MID, 20y/o
    The 20 year old, was Leeds United’s Young Player of the Year in 2016/17 and won two tournaments for England in 2017 and 2018 before moving to Italy’s Seria A, where he’s finally started breaking in to the Sampdoria team with some strong performances. Tipped to be a big part of Englands future he could be a cheap long term prospect. English youths making their way in Europe’s top divisions seems to be trendy at the minute.

Hamza Choudhury, £1.30, Leicester, MID, 21y/o
A 21 year old English midfielder with an Afro… hoping to be the first British/Asian guy to play for England. If that doesn’t scream MEDIA KING, I don’t know what will. He had a couple of great performances before Rogers took over Leicester and hopefully under the manager, he’ll thrive. It could be a year or two before this one pays off but given his price tag, I’ve taken a punt on him and hopefully it will pay off.

Christian Pulisic,£4.21, Borussia/Chelsea, MID, 20y/o
Chelsea’s £58m wonder-kid became the most expensive player from the USA in history. All eyes will be set on the player and many pundits suggest that he was bought for his media potential just as much as his skills. Let’s hope that translates into MB galore! Either way, he’s 20… Chelsea’s big signing and they can’t buy anyone else, so he should get plenty of game time.

Jack Clarke, £3.34, Leeds United, FWD, 18y/o
    Little winger, was on a meteoric rise at Leeds United until a mid-match health scare stopped him in his tracks for a few weeks. The 18 year old has already picked up goals and Man-of-the-Match awards at Leeds, along with reported interest from Man City and Tottenham as well as rejected offers from Crystal Palace and Southampton. If Leeds get promoted, he could be a Premier League sensation… and if Leeds don’t get promoted… Norwich will and they’ve made a habit of buying the best Leeds players over the years.

BIG MO 
Mohamed Salah, £12.45, Liverpool, FWD, 26y/o
    One of the few major players that hasn’t rocketed as we near the share split. His inability to live up to last seasons record breaking year, has many questioning him. I wonder how quickly that will change if Liverpool manage to do the double? Either way, transfer speculation will be rife this summer and even on a so called “bad season”, he’s bagged 20+ goals and 7 assists with potentially a dozen games left to play. At 26, he’s not even close to his prime yet. (All the top strikers in Europe are over 30). Surely there’s nothing but growth to come.

• Lot to respond too so i'll just drop a few notes

You're gambles are too old. Nobody like buying old people even if they do genrally produce the best pb. The dividend return on investment is often not gonna be enough to counteract the depreciation. It's better to flip them after the thirty days when IPD runs out.

You seem like your buying on players peak too often you need to get on youth early

Players price seems to rise during transfer speculation so buying aubemyang just as he arrives at arsenal is buying high and then holding onto him as arsenal fall out of title race is silly

You need to jump off players earlier.... Old players can decrease in price quickly but will only increase slowly.

Defenders are really not worth it unless they are a real goal threat or get loads of assists cause they wont get mb alonso certainly wont and he's not getting assists atm cause now he's a conventional fullback not a wing back. Hence the fall. Wingbacks have the best chance of winning pb. Which is why Mendy will be fine.

Watch out for teams that rotate players a lot. Like arsenal and even west ham have quite a few players to accomodate.

Don't hold on to injury players too long its risky

If your only looking for a ten fifteen p rise in price dont be prepared to take a 50 p loss imo unless they're younger or injured
    Make a profit get out of there be aware of players ceilings because you'll often find out that their floors are a lot lower.

All your youth should rise again but get on earlier and salah and mendy will rise. Arnautavic Nasri and aubeyang might rise a bit but i dont know id hold on a little longer and then reassess. Aubemyang has europa and arnautavic and nasri could rise with good performances.

• @Dan-The-Man said in My Reds! (13 players, I'm losing money on):

GAMBLES
    Pierre Aubameyang: -£1.35
    Marcos Alonso: -£0.90
    Marko Arnautovic: -£0.69
    Samir Nasri -£0.46
    Benjamine Mendy: -£0.05
    YOUTH
    Angel Gomes -£0.26
    Leroy Sane -£0.14
    Hamza Choudhury: -£0.13
    Christian Pulisic: -£0.11
    Jack Clarke -£0.11
    Ronaldo Vieira -£0.03
    James Ward-Prowse -£0.01
    BIG MO
    Mohamed Salah: -£0.03

the most solid player you have there is Sane IMO... i think i could pick faults in quite a few of the others

• @LuaLua

I think there's some really solid advice in there. Thank you.

I find jumping off of players to be a difficult thing to do. Do you have a set policy for getting out? Like selling if a player makes 15 profit, etc?

@NewUser297399 said in My Reds! (13 players, I'm losing money on):

the most solid player you have there is Sane IMO... i think i could pick faults in quite a few of the others

Yeah, I completely agree with you about Sane, being the best of the bunch. I think he could double in price and probably live through another share split, then double again. Please do pick the faults in the others though. I'd like to hear the mistakes I've made, to see if there's something I've not considered.

• @Dan-The-Man Dan, I'm going to go virtually against everyone else on the Forum (this is regarding everything ive read recently)and hope they don't bombard me with abuse, yes you have some holds that I wouldn't personally invest in, but with the SS approaching who knows what will happen, hopefully some of those holds can pull back and give you a new lease of life on FI, I've said virtually everywhere that i think the whole market will gain, so that obviously includes all of your holds, you have nothing to lose as it stands so just hold and hope, hopefully you'll thank me in a month or so 💪🏻

• @Andy-M Yeh I agree tbh thats why i said wait a bit but you can't bank on it.

• I think Mendy and Alonso will become popular due to new IPD assists.
    If Mendy ever gets properly fit his price should go up towards TAA or kimmich he was always close to PB scores and City have plenty of games coming.

Alonso is suffering not being allowed to charge forward like he did, but i think thatl change soon and ueafa cup games.

• I'd sell up some of your older players and top up on Sane - he is starting to look very underpriced.

• Agree with @LuaLua about your gambles, with the exception of Mendy - he was quality when he went through that purple patch - if he can come back and stay fit he's definitely worth holding - although he's definitely made of glass and will probably get injured again ha. I don't hold but would consider buying if he could demonstrate a run of games.
    Got to keep Salah, with his fixtures and his relatively low price compared to some of the other big players think he's a bargain at the moment - just needs that goal and he'll shoot back up I reckon.
    Also as mentioned - Sane is quality, scored for Germany last night, the problem with him though is Pep and his rotation of the squad, but he should surely get a more solid run of games soon. Definitely worth holding, his price should go up.

• If Sane was English, he'd be £10+ by now for sure.

• Of your youngsters Ronaldo Vieira is a decent hold and you got him at a good price. He will likely break into that Sampdoria team next season and if he ever moves back to England he would definitely want a Premier League club.

Jack Clarke will be in the Premier League next season in all likelihood. He scores one great goal at that level and he will jump up in price easily. Also post share split he will look an attractive price for new investors.

• @Dan-The-Man I hold Arni and not worried at all. Since China rumours, he signed a new deal and was out injured for a few weeks. He's a big guy and needs to be playing to stay sharp. Hernadez 2 goals last week puts his place in doubt this week but until the end of the season i see him scoring 2-3 goals and the market will respond then and he will level out..

• @Hotspur 31p swing since yesterday. :)