tracking portfolio using spreadsheets / software

• Hello all, new to FI and wondered how people track their specific invested players ups and downs, is there software you can use to track your portfolio as i have so many now its hard to track whos gaining or dropping etc cheers

• I use footyindexscout.co.uk where you can register for free and there is a free spreadsheet to download. It has about 6 tabs so watch the youtube video for instructions first. I didn't of course and it would have saved me plenty of time if I had.

• @Zidave perfect thanks very much mate

• @NewUser110983 - I use it for scouting players MB and PB plus upcoming single match days. It is really useful once you get the hang of it.

• wicked cheers certainly seems good once i get my head around it thanks again

• @NewUser110983 I'm old school. I keep a book and write daily updates.

• @Westy - luddite. It's the 21st century

0_1553517966349_upload-653f3094-6367-4369-8209-83530689cb52

• @Zidave I am aiming to convert to spreadsheet as now port is 110+ players it takes time to do my morning update and lunch time checks...but i can take my book where electricity does not go.
    Easter hols coming, probably a days work on spreadsheet...best be worth the conversion.

• @Westy - I had last week off and spent most of the week updating spreadsheet I had, creating a new one and I bought a player spreadsheet off someone for £20 which is pukka.

• be great if there was a live spreadsheet linked to FI where you could set sell/buy prices and get notifications should a player in your portfolio drop etc

• @NewUser110983 said in tracking portfolio using spreadsheets / software:

be great if there was a live spreadsheet linked to FI where you could set sell/buy prices and get notifications should a player in your portfolio drop etc

I think that will come next year with the NASDAQ powered website with order books.

I had a mad idea over the weekend about creating a CRM tool linked to FI to do all of what you just said. The only thing stopping me was a lack of talent, a lack of money and someone bigger than I could ever be just replicating it and blowing me out of the water.

It is definitely a gap in the market but I think it is one FI will fill themselves in due course.

• yeah totally agree although it is something that with time i can have created, i was also looking into a system that tracks twitter mentions of players which is something alot easier to build and could give a huge early insight into building stories about players etc

• @NewUser110983 said in tracking portfolio using spreadsheets / software:

yeah totally agree although it is something that with time i can have created, i was also looking into a system that tracks twitter mentions of players which is something alot easier to build and could give a huge early insight into building stories about players etc

Count me into that please. Would be a competitive advantage for sure.

• @NewUser110983 I set google alerts up for Cavani and it plagued me. I think the idea of a twitter version sounds cool but would be a lot of hard work and so much nonesense to filter out.

• will definitely let you know if i manage to create it, i have just found something called buzzbot on indexgain? havent read the ins and outs yet but it might be similar to what were talking about, anyone else seen it before?

• @Dan-The-Man yeah agreed there would be alot of rubbish but if it could be built to follow certain known accounts and be built around that it could be useful but would take a while to implement and filter it until its right

• Wasn't going to bother... but

0_1553533357910_upload-3c5250c7-cbf6-407e-b682-f555b4b2ec96

Im ready to go lol... need to fill in the numbers at midnight tonight on current situation and midday tomorrow (announcement about a delay just came out so cancel your 05:59 am alarms everyone!)

0_1553533445449_upload-5a17046e-39e7-44bb-b730-dac53f8148ed

• @NewUser110983

Try the hootsuite platform. You can create columns with hashtags for players or mentions or accounts e.t.c. for all social media platforms

• I did to start with but didn’t find it particularly useful.
    But I’m looking to start investing in In Play Dividends (IPD), where I think a spreadsheet will be much more useful for keeping track of the 31 day cut off and returns 👍🏻

• @Jordanjl12 footyindexscout have a template exactly fior that mate. you stick in the data and it will let you know when the time is up to flip them. free also

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.