What time is the share split

• Has it been announced what time the share split will be?

• FI will be offline between midnight and 6AM .. once it is back online the split will have been put in place

• So take a screenshot of your portfolio tonight, just in case something goes wrong.

• Good shout.

It's all VERY exciting.

Though given how much my portfolio has swelled in the last week, I'm not looking forward to the big vacuums that will happen over the next week.

• @Dan-The-Man said in What time is the share split:

I'm not looking forward to the big vacuums that will happen over the next week.

What do you mean? Are you expecting a big sell-off?

• @kristiang85

Yeah.

My portfolio has jumped up significantly over the last two weeks. More so than at any other time by a long way.
    Think about Pogba. Its only going to take one big fish to pull out and everyone that bought him this week will be in the red and start to panic.

I sold him this morning. I was in two minds because... damn, he's the king, and I'm probably too clever by half but if I bottled it... can only imagine others will too.

• @Dan-The-Man said in What time is the share split:

@kristiang85

Yeah.

My portfolio has jumped up significantly over the last two weeks. More so than at any other time by a long way.
    Think about Pogba. Its only going to take one big fish to pull out and everyone that bought him this week will be in the red and start to panic.

I sold him this morning. I was in two minds because... damn, he's the king, and I'm probably too clever by half but if I bottled it... can only imagine others will too.

Hang on. Sell someone else or invest more and buy on the dip, It will happen for sure this week.

• @Dan-The-Man

Ive slowly sold off two thirds of my Pogbas in the queue in recent days including today for this very reason, although ive held onto 50 of them because i just dont know for certain which way he is going to go in the morning and beyond.
    However
    At least this way i have made a big profit on him and if he does drop ill be looking to get back on at some point, but we all have to take profit at some point and hope that our reinvestment performs better than the player you have discarded.

I used this to buy some Sane / Bruno Fernandez and top up on Sterling as i can see over the next few months there being less risk in holding these than Poggers. In Sane's case i can imagine him being one of the big risers over the next 2 months post share split as the £ moves around from the top end into the mid price players.

By that same token, ive kept hold of all of my Neymar shares but i see more growth potential and less risk in him than Poggers.

• @Dan-The-Man

I considered it... I've always said selling at a profit can never be a bad trade (thus ignoring it if the player I sold carries on making money)... But I've decided to hold. I know a hell of a lot of money has gone into him recently, so a lot of people have maybe hit their original profit margin on him that was their exit price. But the idea of the split is growth... And if there is new money... Its going on Pogba and Neymar.

I've made enough basically to wait for it to crash and I can IS.

• @Vespasian32 I think you've probably got it right. I put him up for sale, then changed my mind and tried to cancel it but the sale must have gone in a flash given how many are buying today.

I put the money into Sane as the guy is super undervalued. If the Pogba money gets taken out, I think Sane, Kane and Sterling is where it will go. So that's my bet. Seems to be working out.

• 12 hour downtime now!!

From midnight till tomorrow midday

Hope it goes well

• Don’t sell, ups and downs but I’m sure with the ss it will steady growth all the way👍

• CANCEL THE 6AM ALARM!!!

Market suspended until noon tomorrow now. Someone at FI Towers is having a cold sweat right now.

• @Coleyscrooge

Not just at FI towers I think I am already

• Silly time to get up anyways😉

• FI tech team plan for tomorrow:

00:00 - 00:05 complete share split on systems

00:05 - 12:00 turn all systems off and on again until it works

• Good news. I can do my post-SS portfolio checks in my work lunchbreak rather than first thing in the morning.

• They actually sent an email stating the extended downtime, they can communicate!!

• @Ynot_b pisses me off as now i cant do a thing until 1230 when its my lunch break 😂

• @Finlay77
    As long as they get it sorted properly they can shut it down for a day I do t mind

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.