Man Utd players missing out on buying spree

• Past couple of weeks with run up to announcement then carrying on to ss there has been a lot of money being spent on the index.

Many have posted big gains such as Sterling/CHO/Foden/VVD/Neymar etc etc.

But one clubs stars have almost entirely been absent from all this....Man Utd.

Most of this has been caused by injuries at just the wrong time as regards ss but stockholders of the likes of Rashford/Martial/Lukaku and Lingard have missed out big time.

Sometimes it's all about timing and for these stars the timing has been all wrong.

Luckily only hold Rashford and held since early Feb but barely up anything.

• @Gazz127 Rashford and Martial have been doing keepy-uppies at Carrington for the last few days, nothing to put their price up. This extra bit of rest should hopefully get them back fully fit, as both have been struggling with minor injuries. Watford at home on Saturday. A goal or two from either, and people will perhaps take profit out from Hudson-Odoi and put it where it belongs.

• They are going to look very attractive to new money post split... as they haven't been rinsed to death by us lot over the last two weeks. Rashford or Martial score a couple of goals in the next few weeks … choooo chooooo

• It probably is just the injuries but perhaps people are realising that Rashford is hyper-inflated, caused by the hysteria over Man Utd's resurgence under Ole.

• He hasn't really done anything to justify the significant investment in him so far.
    • He's not going to remove Kane from the England striker slot,
    • With the form Lukaku is in, Rashford might struggle be first choice striker at Man Utd

So you're looking at a boring summer with the lad. Maybe some super subs in the Nations.

• @Gazz127 FYI everyone's favourite Frenchman was priced at £22.09 at 18:59 on 17th March (that's one minute before the Share Split Announcement).

He's currently trading at £23.38.

Not the sorts of price rises as Sterling or CHO, but it's in line with Neymar who was £22.29 at the same time pre-announcement and is now £23.91.

Last time I checked Pogba was still a Man Utd player. #JustSaying ;)

• @LukeMalla

Pardon me, how could I forget the king😉

• @Dan-The-Man said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

It probably is just the injuries but perhaps people are realising that Rashford is hyper-inflated, caused by the hysteria over Man Utd's resurgence under Ole.

• He hasn't really done anything to justify the significant investment in him so far.
    • He's not going to remove Kane from the England striker slot,
    • With the form Lukaku is in, Rashford might struggle be first choice striker at Man Utd

So you're looking at a boring summer with the lad. Maybe some super subs in the Nations.

He stood up and scored a last minute pen against PSG.
    It looks pretty likely he is going to be Man U number 9 for years.
    He is 21.
    I Really dont think he needs to justify his price.

• @Tom77 Yup. Rashford is the future of Manchester United football club, Lukaku is very much just passing through. On his way to Barcelona, Besiktas, or Bournemouth, not sure which yet.

• @Jimbob said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

@Tom77 Yup. Rashford is the future of Manchester United football club, Lukaku is very much just passing through. On his way to Barcelona, Besiktas, or Bournemouth, not sure which yet.

Cashing in on the lump will be one of ole’s Priority’s never in a million years a united player.

• @Tom77 Strange purchase really. Up until the day before, he was going to Chelski and we were nailed on for Morata. Dodged a bullet there I guess, although it would probably have missed.

• @Gazz127 said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

Past couple of weeks with run up to announcement then carrying on to ss there has been a lot of money being spent on the index.

Most of this has been caused by injuries at just the wrong time as regards ss but stockholders of the likes of Rashford/Martial/Lukaku and Lingard have missed out big time.

Sometimes it's all about timing and for these stars the timing has been all wrong.

I don't think it's anything to do with injuries. Neymar and VJ are flying and they're injured. Apart from Pogba, traders are looking at other players.

• @Londoner said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

@Gazz127 said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

Past couple of weeks with run up to announcement then carrying on to ss there has been a lot of money being spent on the index.

I don't think it's anything to do with injuries. Neymar and VJ are flying and they're injured. Apart from Pogba, traders are looking at other players.

VJ was over £11 a month ago.

• @Londoner Vj's price has started to recover today, not since the announcement like the rest (probably dembele soon too), and Neymar is a different animal entirely.

@Londoner (probably dembele soon too)
    Too late, shoulda checked first.

• @Jimbob

One of my best mates is a Man Utd fan, I can't tell you how many times over the years he's preached about a young player as "Man Utd's future" only to watch that player leave within 12 months. Rashford's a little different in that he's English, so I can see him being around the club for years and hopefully he will become a world class player.

That said,

• He's not in the top 20 Premier League scorers so far this season.
    • He doesn't get PB (and will struggle to as a striker)
    • He'll never replace Kane for England
    • He's still relatively unproven and one bad run of games could see him struggling for games

• @Gazz127 the man utd players where the first to get the big rises back in december it think it was. It was when mourinho left but the also rose before on the news of a split in the first quarter since then its everyone else been playing catch up with them

• @Dan-The-Man I agree that too often we hear that so-and-so is the future of such-and-such a club whilst still unproven, and if I'd have made that claim over three years ago when he made his debut, perhaps it would have been a bit hasty (although still correct).
    For the sake of debate, his goal tally this season has been hampered by playing at wingback for the first half while the special once was still in charge.
    He doesn't get PB, true, but when Pogba leaves the media will need a new favourite at utd to write about. He is a genuine candidate. He is also not just a number nine, he's great out wide which brings me to your next point.
    A fit and healthy Rashford won't replace Kane for England, I agree. He will play with him, either out wide, just ahead, or just behind. Depends on the opposition.
    Relatively unproven? Fa cup winner, league cup winner, Europa League winner. He won't struggle for games, it's too important for the club to have academy players involved at the highest level. We'd riot if Lukaku kept him out of the side, I believe the biggest and only threat to Rashfords starting place at utd over the next few years will come from Greenwood/Greengoat/Greengod, but that's a whole different thread!
    Hope he makes us both rich anyway dude.

• his goal tally this season has been hampered by playing at wingback for the first half while the special once was still in charge.
    • when Pogba leaves the media will need a new favourite at utd to write about
    • he's great out wide
    • He will play with Kane, either out wide, just ahead, or just behind.
    • Relatively unproven? Fa cup winner, league cup winner, Europa League winner.

Much of what you said, I can understand where you're coming from but with the new dividends, Sane and Rashford should swap price tags. That's my view.

Winning cups is great but it does not make for a 'proven' striker. When he bags 20 goals per season, then fair enough and I'm not saying that time won't come quick, just that it hasn't yet and with Lukaku in the way, it's not likely to.

He might play with Kane, so that's a fair point. I don't know enough about Sancho to say who's ahead in the pecking order out of him and Rashford but I liked how England looked with Kane as CF, Sancho on one wing and Sterling on the other. Looked pretty ideal to me but you're right, they'll set up in lots of different ways over the years. There's no denying he's talented.

I hope he works out for you mate. I'm sure he already has. :)

• @Dan-The-Man said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

@Jimbob said in Man Utd players missing out on buying spree:

• his goal tally this season has been hampered by playing at wingback for the first half while the special once was still in charge.
    • when Pogba leaves the media will need a new favourite at utd to write about
    • he's great out wide
    • He will play with Kane, either out wide, just ahead, or just behind.
    • Relatively unproven? Fa cup winner, league cup winner, Europa League winner.

Much of what you said, I can understand where you're coming from but with the new dividends, Sane and Rashford should swap price tags. That's my view.

Winning cups is great but it does not make for a 'proven' striker. When he bags 20 goals per season, then fair enough and I'm not saying that time won't come quick, just that it hasn't yet and with Lukaku in the way, it's not likely to.

He might play with Kane, so that's a fair point. I don't know enough about Sancho to say who's ahead in the pecking order out of him and Rashford but I liked how England looked with Kane as CF, Sancho on one wing and Sterling on the other. Looked pretty ideal to me but you're right, they'll set up in lots of different ways over the years. There's no denying he's talented.

I hope he works out for you mate. I'm sure he already has. :)

Why would they swap prices ? Using an update from a week or so ago so might be slightly out of date but their returns are

Sane - 17p (12 PB, 5 MB)
    Rashford - 46p (all media)

Rashford has far more media potential given he is English and plays for United. Sane is better for PB although still not particularly good - for a while he was the highest valued player to never win a penny dividend wise. There is a reasonable case for saying they should be closer in price but saying they should swap prices sounds a bit like you have been on the ales.

• Let's not forget the MASSIVE rises by Rashford, Pogba and Martial and Lingard to an extent, when Jose was bulleted. This was fairly recent so it's probably levelled out now with Sterling and Kane catching up somewhat.

CHO I reallllly don't get but that's another story 😂

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.