Has Mason Greenwood become good value?

• Amidst the CHO madness has Greenwood become good value in comparison?

I couldn’t see any further growth for Greenwood until the last few days - looks like CHO has paved a new avenue for English youngsters that Greenwood and others can follow.

• @Chris-J callum gets minutes,now in england squads, won an under 17 world cup , bayern and dortmund want him. Greenwood ive not even seen sat on a bench in any game ive seen. Not putting a penny in personally until ive seen him get at least regular sub appearances. Way too high a price for me based on nothing but hope. Maybe people watch their reserves and know what they have seen is future gold. If so im wrong and its great for england also!!

• @Chris-J

Brewster is far better value

• I wouldnt say so. Even though sarri doesnt start CHO hes regular on the bench and does get brought on as a sub. Greenwood however has made the bench twice i believe but largely due to the significant number over injuries united had.

CHO - on the verge of the starting 11
    Greenwood - on the verge of making the bench/senior team

Hes got a little way to go yet unless the media start going crazy for him

• I think you are spot on. Much like the property market people naturally look at comparisons to see the potential. On the pitch the sky is the limit for greenwood. He has been well known and earmarked as a future star within the Utd setup since he was 13/14. I can only imagine that the FI will react the same way for greenwood as it has for CHO. Obviously I can’t guarantee that will happen but all the signs are there.

• @MVViolaris said in Has Mason Greenwood become good value?:

I think you are spot on. Much like the property market people naturally look at comparisons to see the potential. On the pitch the sky is the limit for greenwood. He has been well known and earmarked as a future star within the Utd setup since he was 13/14. I can only imagine that the FI will react the same way for greenwood as it has for CHO. Obviously I can’t guarantee that will happen but all the signs are there.

I make comparisons to the housing market a lot too.

I recently bought a house that needed work doing to it after being advised against ‘overpriced’ new builds that “you’ll never make money on” - the new builds have since been bought and sold on at over £60k profit, my house is still worth around what I paid for it despite spending thousands on it.

The lesson is that people will generally always overpay for new shiny things - young English players are like new builds.

• @Finlay77 greenwood may not initially seem good value at the moment because as you say he’s not had too many minutes. But that being said, you have to ask yourself why is he already mid to late £6’s when he’s not done much. He’s no longer a secret talent. Ole will give him more minutes by the end of the season which will only send his price one way. Either way, he’s only worth buying into if you’ve got the next season in mind

• @MVViolaris he is the price because he is english and could be man utd number 9/ all pointers to mb potential. Zlatan and rooney were kings, lukaku price went nuts after his move and over £6(those were the days that was big news!) And rashford huge rise simply due to being utds number 9. ive not seen anything at all for me, however as you say he could be the next big thing and that in itself would justify it but if he is that good why cant ole give him sub apps and cup games? They played wolves, give him the chance. He didnt so im happy to sit and watch. Even as a liverpool fan id be fine with being wrong as england are starting to produce real quality and it could be great to see another new star being born

• @Finlay77 he was pushing for a start against wolves but was ill which is why he wasn’t in the squad. With lukaku out injured at the moment I would bet on greenwood being on the bench and getting some minutes in the next few weeks. I would be surprised if he’s not on the bench against watford on Saturday.

• @MVViolaris however when those players arent injured will he keep his position. Maybe he will turn out to be a great player but hes got lingard, martial, lukaku, rashford and sanchez in his way. Or if he plays midfield hes got pogba, mata, herrera, matic, mctomminay and fred.
    Injuries are his best chance but unlikely to give him a permanent place

• My opinion don't count for much but he is clearly just a punt and when all injuries are cleared up at Utd he will be no where near the first team.

Next season who knows.

• @Black-wolf he can play anywhere along the front 3. With the current injuries he should get his chance. If he takes his chance or does anything to impress then his share price should shoot up but still nowhere near the realms of CHO at the moment. As with anything, only time will tell.

• @MVViolaris yeah but does he have any chance of keeping an injured players spot even if he does play well? At the moment his best chance is martials place but he would need both lingard and martial to be out long term

• To answer your question yes I believe he is good value especially with the trend towards youth now, I've written at length on Greenwood here so I'll just do some short points as to why.

*Incredible two footed talent, pace, dribbling, finishing, passing/vision, size.

*At number 1 media club, English, prolific forward goalscorer, all the things that give you a better chance for MB returns.

*Not as far from first team as people think, Sanchez/Mata futures in major doubt, can play anywhere across the front line which should give him more opportunities.

*IPO was very high at £1.80 compared to those like him (Foden/sancho 30p, CHO 50p) so he looks about £1.50 more expensive than he really is.

• If you think Greenwood is comparative value at £6.70 or whatever he is (pre split) then what about ‘the new Carrick’ James Garner at £2.40?