Am I missing something?

• So I dropped as much money as I was prepared to into my account a few days ago and topped up on players who I thought would be good buys. I've since seen massive growth prior to this morning's split both in the new players and the rest of my portfolio (as expected so I'm not complaining!!) but can anyone suggest a reason why the index is still flying now? Is it literally psychological that people see a lower buy price because if so that's bananas!! If you'd made the same trades last week/last night surely you'd be in a better position than trying to but at 1201 today and you'd still have the same shares for your money!! Am I being simplistic and missing some big picture factor here? TIA!!

• More expensive players become more accessible to people with smaller budgets.

• @NewUser159379 said in Am I missing something?:

More expensive players become more accessible to people with smaller budgets.

Which would work if we were seeing people buying 1 or 2 of a player.
    But they are buying bigger multiples.

One I saw, 10 pogba at Β£80
    Same guy could have afforded some yesterday??

• Ain’t nowt as queer as folk

Except maybe Jazz

• @NewUser159379 Nope!! In the long run yes I understand that but between last night and this morning it makes not sense as this is only a factor if you can only afford 1 or 2 in the new pricing scheme!! If you can afford three Stirlings (or any player) today you'd have been able to afford 1 last night! So why not buy last night when it was better value

• @Ringers haha glad I'm not the only one baffled, its great as I'm seeing green flashes everywhere like!!!

• @9stevo

You put it perfectly stevo it don't make much sense lol.

Even accounting for what you said and I positioned my portfolio like others before ss it don't stop u think Christ so and so looks cheap!πŸ˜‰

• @Gazz127 and long may it continue as my portfolio has gone up Β£500 in half an hour!! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• We are people following this closely, it's possible that a portion of folk might not have known it was coming or how it worked and upon seeing the changes theyre all over it like a rash!

It's also likely FI made a big marketing push.

• Factoring the increase deposits and trades, i think you need to remember the in play dividends come into play more after the share split from a percentage yield perspective as well as the capital appreciation.......

pogba at 21.00 pre share split requires a 2.10 increase for a 10% increase
    pogba now at 7.00 only requires a 70p increase for the same 10% increase......

plus there is also the shortening of the spreads which is significantly in the favour of the new traders.......

happy trading !!

• @Dan-The-Man very good point, I guess not everyone is as sad as us πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• @9stevo

Oh I no. I just think seeing a player like sterling at Β£5 compared to Β£15 is more attractive. Hence why the ss even happened. To make players more accessible.

• @NewUser159379 we all do but surely anyone with a brain would have done their buying pre share split factoring in the factor of 3?!!!

• @TheFearlessFox said in Am I missing something?:

Factoring the increase deposits and trades, i think you need to remember the in play dividends come into play more after the share split from a percentage yield perspective as well as the capital appreciation.......

pogba at 21.00 pre share split requires a 2.10 increase for a 10% increase
    pogba now at 7.00 only requires a 70p increase for the same 10% increase......

plus there is also the shortening of the spreads which is significantly in the favour of the new traders.......

happy trading !!

But if you had 1 Pogba at Β£21 pre SS, you then have 3 Pogba's for Β£21, meaning each Pogba cost Β£7, requiring 70p rise for 10%, surely that's exactly the same.

Anyway please let them keep buying, my portfolio looks like it's having a fit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Its this new generation of people buying purely for for capital apprecition and not dividends... to many older traders including me it just makes no sense as all that drives the market is the dividend yields... but the newer traders dont take that into account at all!!

• @Andy-M yeah agreed to an extent, the point is you'll get more buyers ta 7.00 rather than 21.00 hence increase deposits/trades......

as someone whom experienced the first SS and did not take full advantage then, then yeah, keep on trading folks !!

• the SS was all about making players more attractive to buy, to everyone, but esp those with smaller budgets. And get new people in.

But humans work on emotions. Seeing a player at Β£4 rather than Β£12 triggers the brain.

I think the IP plays a big part too. I topped up on Vardy and Mandzukic having looked at the fixtures. 40p does seem a bargain. Also Sczcesny....once I managed to get his name right in the search bar lol

• @Munchie63 The new in play dividends play a significant part in waiting to trade post SS - the fact they are timed IPD for 30 days is a very cunning and astute play by FI !!

• Think there'll be more to come too. If I was investing for the IPD market, I'd be leaving it while Saturday morning in order to get the most possible games in that 30 day period for my money.

• @TheFearlessFox They are a huge factor, but I've checked all the possible fixtures that would come in to play if you bought at announcement, pre SS and post SS, i noticed that teams that had CL games were worth waiting till just prior to Split, but lesser teams like say Bournemouth or Leicester, the teams with cheap goalscoring players, they have 3 or 4 games maximum even if you'd waited till today, and the rises that ppl have missed to get 1 extra game is not worth it, but i guess we all have our reasons right, and mine are no better than anyone elses, let's have some fun boys n girls πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€